Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone see these hub caps released by Rimetrix for the Geminis? $290 is a lot of money for hub caps. They look sharp in the pictures, though, and cover the silver wheel completely.

I've been keeping an eye on them, interested to see if some folks get them what they think of the quality/durability. As you mentioned, I'm not sure I dislike the silver $290 worth...
I'm thinking of getting them too.... they also provide rim protection right?!

I’m thinking of applying ceramic coating myself. If the car is brand new, what is there to strip?
Stuff can still get embedded in the clear coat just from transport, especially if the paint hasn't finished curing. You can do that with the clay bar. As far as stripping, my understanding is spraying the surface with an IPA/water mix to remove minerals, leftover clay or clay lubricant, soaps, etc so you can apply the ceramic directly to the clear coat. It helps for a more complete and stronger, longer lasting bond.

Stuff can still get embedded in the clear coat just from transport, especially if the paint hasn't finished curing. You can do that with the clay bar. As far as stripping, my understanding is spraying the surface with an IPA/water mix to remove minerals, leftover clay or clay lubricant, soaps, etc so you can apply the ceramic directly to the clear coat. It helps for a more complete and stronger, longer lasting bond.
Nice! Who drinks that IPA cr@p? I do.

Spray some on the MY spray some in my mouth. Just don’t mix up the ceramic coating and spray it in your mouth. It may or may not protect those glistening enamel on your teeth.

Who here that has their VIN still checks their account frequently? I do. Every time I have to sign in again it brings me to the main page where you have click on your MY. I always almost freak out because I don’t see my VIN there.
I've had my model Y for almost 2 months now and I still find myself wandering over to tesla.com or jumping on these message boards just out of habit.

The app I used when we picked up my brother's M3, is called Inspect T. Droid link below. I know it's on ios too, but I didn't use it on ios.

If I noticed a defect, I took a pic in the app.

View attachment 727138
I wish an app combined this implementation with the thoroughness of Tesla Prep web app. The Tesla Prep web app is a solid checklist but it seems the issue reporting is limited. I like how you can attach issues to specific locations/items in Inspect T.

Did anyone see these hub caps released by Rimetrix for the Geminis? $290 is a lot of money for hub caps. They look sharp in the pictures, though, and cover the silver wheel completely.

interesting...not a fan of the Geminis and was leaning towards buying 19" TSV wheels but these might be worth a shot and much cheaper and less hassle than swapping out wheels.

I wish an app combined this implementation with the thoroughness of Tesla Prep web app. The Tesla Prep web app is a solid checklist but it seems the issue reporting is limited. I like how you can attach issues to specific locations/items in Inspect T.
I hadn't had a chance to use the Tesla web app as the pickup for the M3 was a rapid mission. I saw the Inspect T app mentioned here in this forum and downloaded it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
Who here that has their VIN still checks their account frequently? I do. Every time I have to sign in again it brings me to the main page where you have click on your MY. I always almost freak out because I don’t see my VIN there.
I do! Especially because they are taking their sweet time evaluating my trade so I can’t finalize financing..

Reactions: PatrickTM
Good question. I dunno. I've never done it before so I don't have any experience with them. Maybe CQuartz, as recommended by The Drive. Since I'm getting the car soon and the weather is turning, maybe I'll use up the F11 Top Coat product that I purchased long ago and have barely used until the winter is out so I can ensure the best application conditions. It's much less durable mostly offering hydrophobic properties.
My recommendation would be a thorough clean and clay bar the car before you do ceramic coating .. paint correction will be needed for sure ... i got the car home from the delivery center and i saw quite a few swirl marks. Ceramic coating on top of this will not remove them and may actually look bad. Remember, ceramic coating will also seal all imperfections and dirt. If you are planning to do ceramic coating yourself - I would say at least get 1-2 level paint correction done and then do the coating yourself. Paint correction is not that expensive.

Check out videos from Pan The Organizer - he has some DYI videos. From a product perspective, you can choose between Avalon King, Gyeon or Adam's Polish. Adam's have a 10h blend which i thing is the strongest I have read so far. I saw that recently on Daerik's youtube channel.