Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you can't reject the car since it's not delivered yet? That's pretty damn frustrating it sounds like.
And they have my final payment because I thought I was getting the car last Thursday. When I asked about the payment and not knowing when I would get the car the finance department told me to talk to my SA. They might as well have told me to talk to the hand.

And they have my final payment because I thought I was getting the car last Thursday. When I asked about the payment and not knowing when I would get the car the finance department told me to talk to my SA. They might as well have told me to talk to the hand.
One does not simply talk to the SA... (if you're me, apparently)

So I guess that is one further tick in the plus column of doing a cashier's check.

Congratulations on taking possession of your new MY. I remember being excited for my wife when I “surprised” her with her M3. I drove it home from the dealership and parked it in the garage before she got home. Those were the good ole days. I ordered the car and it was delivered in the EDD window. I hope I get my MYLR this Friday. No word yet however.
Haha good man, but can’t help but be reminded of this SNL commercial.

SNL Season to Remember

Anyone use a J1772 adapter for their Tesla and know of a way to hang it? I’m planning to leave my J1772 adapter on the charger.

Saturday is so far away.
I have a Juicebox 40 as well. I leave the J1772 adapter on the cord and bought a second one to keep in the car, just in case. I just ordered the following Tesla cable holder to have a place to hang the Juicebox charging cable without having to remove the J1772 adapter from the cable.

Last edited:
Ok. I received VIN this morning - *****MF302*****. I received text message saying that the home delivery will be on Nov 2nd.

Timing could not have been worse, I am on vacation 😥😥😥. And will not be home until next week.

I talked to SA and I was told that they cannot hold the vehicle for more than 72hours and not exceptions. Come on Tesla, waited for so long day in and day out and all we get is 72hours. Dang!

I had to put hold on the order. As I have another vacation coming up in December, SA suggested to keep hold till early Jan.

My MY will go to another person and another home.

Bummer....
I am a human, and part of me says your car matches my config, but I feel bad for you. I have been hoping and wishing for you to get your car so I could be next, Now I am sad..... 😢

I have a Juicebox 40 as well. I leave the J1772 adapter on the cord and bought a second one to keep in the car, just in case. I just ordered the following Tesla cable holder to have a place to hang the Juicebox charging cable without having to remove the J1772 adapter from the cable.

That looks pretty nice. Let me know if that actually works, the 3d printed one I have is okay but that looks more substantial. I'm also using a Juicebox 40 and I have a dedicated J1772 that I plan to leave connected all the time.

The Blues are getting no love. I ordered 7/23 and my EDD is Feb 2 - Mar 2. “I guess that’s why they call it the blues.”-Elton John
In the red bucket and similar story. Someone should advise Elon to only offer one color for exterior - white and one color for interior - black. That way we all get treated equally… 😂😂

Ok. I received VIN this morning - *****MF302*****. I received text message saying that the home delivery will be on Nov 2nd.

Timing could not have been worse, I am on vacation 😥😥😥. And will not be home until next week.

I talked to SA and I was told that they cannot hold the vehicle for more than 72hours and not exceptions. Come on Tesla, waited for so long day in and day out and all we get is 72hours. Dang!

I had to put hold on the order. As I have another vacation coming up in December, SA suggested to keep hold till early Jan.

My MY will go to another person and another home.

Bummer....
There are many stories including me that picked up their Tesla greater than 72 hours.

There are many stories including me that picked up their Tesla greater than 72 hours.
There was a possibility that we were going to miss the delivery window for our M3 due to my wife being out of town on business. Our SA said that as long as we sent the payment and used electronic signatures on the documents, they could just drop the car at our house if we were out of town.

Reactions: PatrickTM
There was a possibility that we were going to miss the delivery window for our M3 due to my wife being out of town on business. Our SA said that as long as we sent the payment and used electronic signatures on the documents, they could just drop the car at our house if we were out of town.
So I'm out of town starting the 15th. I'm supposed to take delivery this sunday the 7th, but obviousy there is still a lot that can happen between then and now.

So what happens in that scenario? Can you still reject a car when you get back? Regarding defects at delivery does that 24 hour / 100 miles ticker start immediately after they drop the car off?

So I'm out of town starting the 15th. I'm supposed to take delivery this sunday the 7th, but obviousy there is still a lot that can happen between then and now.

So what happens in that scenario? Can you still reject a car when you get back? Regarding defects at delivery does that 24 hour / 100 miles ticker start immediately after they drop the car off?
You might be able to put in a ticket for defects after the fact if you explain you won't be there to inspect the car for a few days, but I would verify that first. Obviously, you can't reject the car once you've made payment. That's the entire reason I've used cashier's checks on my Tesla purchases.

Since your DD is scheduled on the 7th, I would not worry about it and get excited about your new car! 99% of delivered cars do not have defects that warrant rejection, just stupid alignment issues and blemishes that get corrected with a service appointment. Is your car in transport yet? Your SA can tell you where the car is and when it is estimated to get to the delivery destination. Mine was on a truck in NY on 11/28 (after traveling cross country on a train) and is scheduled to arrive today at my SC for delivery on Wednesday.

You might be able to put in a ticket for defects after the fact if you explain you won't be there to inspect the car for a few days, but I would verify that first. Obviously, you can't reject the car once you've made payment. That's the entire reason I've used cashier's checks on my Tesla purchases.

Since your DD is scheduled on the 7th, I would not worry about it and get excited about your new car! 99% of delivered cars do not have defects that warrant rejection, just stupid alignment issues and blemishes that get corrected with a service appointment. Is your car in transport yet? Your SA can tell you where the car is and when it is estimated to get to the delivery destination. Mine was on a truck in NY on 11/28 (after traveling cross country on a train) and is scheduled to arrive today at my SC for delivery on Wednesday.
Literally no one has reached out to me during the entirety of this process, and I stopped by the dealership where I'm taking delivery last thursday or so and they said they couldn't tell me anything. The guy was polite and chatty but I don't think he even looked up my order. I went on the web chat yesterday and tried to see if they had any additional information, and they said I'd need to wait until someone from the delivery team reached out. So I can't help but think there might be some snag somewhere along the way, because I was really expecting someone to be able to tell me something getting this close to a delivery. Maybe my expectations are just too high :D