Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting in the service center waiting on delivery day. Car is in excellent shape compared to my EOQ M3LR. The MYLR was not rushed out the door and you can tell. Gaps are perfect, paint is great, interior is terrific. Went over the car with fine tooth comb. Why am I in the waiting room and not driving my car? The rear right turn signal does not work. They have had the car in the service bay "diagnosing" the problem for over an hour now. Swapping out a bad light should be a 15 minute process. Fingers crossed that it's not a wiring or computer issue. BTW, the only other issue I found was condensation in the rear left light.

Car is in excellent shape compared to my EOQ M3LR. The MYLR was not rushed out the door and you can tell. Gaps are perfect, paint is great, interior is terrific. Went over the car with fine tooth comb.
Awesome! Makes me optimistic about being a mid-quarter delivery.

Why am I in the waiting room and not driving my car? The rear right turn signal does not work. They have had the car in the service bay "diagnosing" the problem for over an hour now. Swapping out a bad light should be a 15 minute process. Fingers crossed that it's not a wiring or computer issue. BTW, the only other issue I found was condensation in the rear left light.
...oh

This is why I would not be one of the early adopters of any of these "new Tesla killers". I am very interested in Lucid and Rivian, but I believe there are a lot of challenges ahead for them, and I hope they are not met with as much skepticism, doom and gloom as Tesla was (and sometimes still is). I look forward to when there are plenty of options to choose from, and like @PhillyGal said, this "competition is coming" has recirculated more times than I can count. I agree @boingolover that the landscape is different, but I also agree that they are finally catching up with the original Model S (other than the range).

I am too interested in Rivian. The SUV would be a perfect replacement of my wifes 3 row Telluride and while expensive, it is WAY cheaper than the Model X. Both the truck and SUV look awesome and well thought out and have a ton of great features...powered frunk being one of them.

I hope they can pull it off...producing at scale and making a profit.

EDD whiplash update for you all… shifted to Nov 17-29th now, yesterday it was March 17-April 12 and before that, December 17-31.
Just for a point of reference, when I ordered the estimated date was January.

Here’s my EDD whiplash update…Good News! Shifted to 11/17-12/15 from 2/2-3/2, before that it was 11/15-12/13. The first EDD after I ordered was November even though the configuration screen showed October. Inner peace.

I owned a ID.4... I know... but it is a great value car for the price in the US.

But in terms of high-tech... 800V cars and 800V chargers (that's what the EV semis are using the in Europe - they are already years ahead in large transport) are the future.
I just got off the phone with a colleague who his eyeing up the ID.4. I wish I knew more about them but still tried to sell him on going EV at all. (Said he likes a Model Y better but with today's existing tax credits, ID.4 seems to be about $20k cheaper.)

Here’s my EDD whiplash update…Good News! Shifted to 11/17-12/15 from 2/2-3/2, before that it was 11/15-12/13. The first EDD after I ordered was November even though the configuration screen showed October. Inner peace.
Awesome! I still don’t understand why I’m ahead of someone that ordered 1.5 months before I did, I suppose it’s the 7 seats and inductions… either way that’s great and I’m still hoping I get shifted back to early next year, haha.

I just got off the phone with a colleague who his eyeing up the ID.4. I wish I knew more about them but still tried to sell him on going EV at all. (Said he likes a Model Y better but with today's existing tax credits, ID.4 seems to be about $20k cheaper.)

Yup, ID.4 is $20K cheaper but just to warn you... it's pretty glitchy.

99% owners don't have issues but there are a small percentage (unknown) that have electrical issues. I had an electrical shutdown but not the most common battery coolant pump failure. It's why I sold it.

To be fair, this is true of Teslas, too, and not limited to electrical.

I do think the 99% number is a bit optimistic on my part because there are less than 13K ID.4s in the US and every week there are 3-5 new posts on battery coolant pump errors (glitches or failures) on FB and the VW forums. You don't hear Tesla cars shutting down weekly and there are 200K+ sold per quarter.

Sitting in the service center waiting on delivery day. Car is in excellent shape compared to my EOQ M3LR. The MYLR was not rushed out the door and you can tell. Gaps are perfect, paint is great, interior is terrific. Went over the car with fine tooth comb. Why am I in the waiting room and not driving my car? The rear right turn signal does not work. They have had the car in the service bay "diagnosing" the problem for over an hour now. Swapping out a bad light should be a 15 minute process. Fingers crossed that it's not a wiring or computer issue. BTW, the only other issue I found was condensation in the rear left light.
Glad to hear you got your MY today! Besides that turn signal, I'm also glad to hear the quality at delivery is much better this time around bc I’m picking up at the RVA SC too.

Just to give everyone an update - I’m being told the airbag bracket for “my” car has been received and should be installed in time for me to pick the car up this Friday. I’m a little disappointed that it took inquiring about a refund to get someone to talk to me. I just hope there are no other issues with the car if I get it Friday. The SA said that the vehicle went through a thorough inspection and the bracket was the only issue they found. Fingers crossed but, with the way things have gone thus far I ain’t holding my breath.

Replying to myself...Turns out that when they did the subwoofer install at the factory, it pinched the wiring harness and snapped the wire to the turn signal. All fixed now. Super happy to have Oatmeal home. Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.

I still am not believing that my MYLR is in my driveway after only 59 days since ordering. I'm watching you guys with 100+ days and am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Pics of Oatmeal and its smaller sibling Blueberry.😁

Attachments

• PXL_20211103_190029920.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190029920.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20211103_190058932.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190058932.jpg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20211103_190119478.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190119478.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20211103_190009631.jpg
    PXL_20211103_190009631.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Replying to myself...Turns out that when they did the subwoofer install at the factory, it pinched the wiring harness and snapped the wire to the turn signal. All fixed now. Super happy to have Oatmeal home. Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.

I still am not believing that my MYLR is in my driveway after only 59 days since ordering. I'm watching you guys with 100+ days and am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Pics of Oatmeal and its smaller sibling Blueberry.😁
Which center cap and lug nut combo did you use on the Gemini's?

Honestly the EV6 and Ioniq 5 with 800V backbones are pretty high-tech. Being a battery nerd, I forsee all cars being 800V in 5 years.

My argument for Teslas is the reliability. Other makers have better values (ID.4) or better styling (subjective of course)....
I "reserved" an Ioniq 5 at the same time as my Model Y, thinking I might take the one that came first. But alas they still haven't even released pricing yet after moving the release from 'fall' to 'winter'. I have a Kia Niro EV now, and it really is a good car. I think the Ioniq 5/EV 6 will be competitive if they can actually produce them in quantity.

Yes, its name is Oatmeal. Don't know why, it just popped in my head and seemed to fit perfectly for the car.
... Pics of Oatmeal and its smaller sibling Blueberry.

I like the names! I'm getting nervous about my desire to let my 3 year old name this one. So far he's only ever named a small stuffed cat, also white, and gave it the name "Blueberry watermelon bread." When I frowned and said "I was thinking Sugar" he decided "Blueberry watermelon bread sugar" was even better.

I just hope I can successfully limit the Y's name to one word. Ellie, her older sister (my "firstborn) and Sonic, the middle child who is being given away (lol) both have easy names.

I do think the 99% number is a bit optimistic on my part because there are less than 13K ID.4s in the US and every week there are 3-5 new posts on battery coolant pump errors (glitches or failures) on FB and the VW forums. You don't hear Tesla cars shutting down weekly and there are 200K+ sold per quarter.
Fair points all around. These growing pains were inevitable and one of the reasons I didn't go for the ID.4, IONIQ 5, EV6, or Mach-E. They'll flesh them out in a year or so, and the software in a few years probably. But we needed a car now, so here we are!

T-6 days.

I like the names! I'm getting nervous about my desire to let my 3 year old name this one. So far he's only ever named a small stuffed cat, also white, and gave it the name "Blueberry watermelon bread." When I frowned and said "I was thinking Sugar" he decided "Blueberry watermelon bread sugar" was even better.

I just hope I can successfully limit the Y's name to one word. Ellie, her older sister (my "firstborn) and Sonic, the middle child who is being given away (lol) both have easy names.
My wife always complains that she's never been able to name anything ever since her childhood pets. When we ordered I told her to think of a name because this one is on her. So far she's got nothin'.

Can you change the name? Because I'm thinking it'll have to start out as PTBNL (the infamous Player to be Named Later often included in sports trades).