Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... I have to say I think this is the quitest stretch I've witnessed in this thread since I've been obsessively following it for months... It's almost a shame to break the silcence, but part of me is wondering if the forum is broken :D

Anyway, sorry if I spoiled the collective game of 1-2-3 quiet mouse.
We may all just be worn out.

My EDD front end date just pushed out three days, but more importantly the window narrowed from 28 days to 11. New EDD is Nov 16 - Nov 27. Fingers crossed a 2022 VIN will appear any day now. Barring anything unusual (yeah right, unusual seems to be the norm) I should be driving my new MYP from DC to Philly for Thanksgiving with family.

Model Y Performance - black w/white interior - no tow (regrettably) - no FSD
09/18 OD (at time of order it said “November” delivery)
09/20 EDD changed to 10/10-10/30
09/30 EDD changed to 11/01-11/21
10/11 EDD changed to 11/13-12/11
11/02 EDD changed to 11/16-11/27
BOOM! The VIN is in. I can attest that these things do sometimes arrive in the middle of the night. My VIN email arrived at 3:41 AM EDT. Front end of EDD got bumped out 2 days but the window narrowed down from 11 days to 5. EDD is now 11/18-11/22. Now the mad scramble for accessories and an electrician begins. :)

Has anyone seen any details around the point below? Saw this on one of the YT videos. Does it mean the base tax credit is retroactive to all cars sold after tesla hit the 200K limit and only the extra (battery size, US made, etc) credits kick in after 12/31/2021
snap.jpg

Reactions: NurseNick
BOOM! The VIN is in. I can attest that these things do sometimes arrive in the middle of the night. My VIN email arrived at 3:41 AM EDT. Front end of EDD got bumped out 2 days but the window narrowed down from 11 days to 5. EDD is now 11/18-11/22. Now the mad scramble for accessories and an electrician begins. :)
Congrats!

Hey all. Short time lurker, first time poster.

I ordered a red MYP on 10/8 and Tesla's website is showing delivery between 12/13 - 12/31. No VIN assigned yet, so I'm presuming it will be a 2022 model. Is Tesla holding to their estimated delivery schedules for performance models pretty well?

I may trade my 2017 Yukon Denali (PIF, 34K miles), so curious to hear feedback from other buyers who went through the trade process vs. CarMax, Carvana, Vroom, etc.
I got the online offers matched at a local dealership, but do some online estimates for your car and then decide. Vroom offered the most for my Rav, but for others Carmax has been higher, or for others Carvana.

My OD was 8/31 and at that time, was estimated as January. This is for a MYLR, 19" Wheel, Grey on Black 5 seater. The Sales Associate didn't properly explain the completing of the Profile to include Payment method, I only heard him say, if you are going to Finance, dont fill this out until your closer to your delivery date as it will hit your credit report right away. So, never did the payment section. I tried to not look every day as I didnt want it or expect it before Jan. Looked last week and it was saying April. My Trade in quote expired already, but I finally just hit Cash as I was not going to end up financing via Tesla. Next day, I saw the EDD of March 15 - April 12. I emailed my SA questioning this. He called me back and said I needed to complete the Trade in Section again. I updated this to say not trading in my Vehicle to Tesla and then got the second page for insurance info. SA said once that was all complete my EDD should update. As of now, the only thing outstanding is Review Agreements, not sure if that will come closer to delivery or any day now. Either way, I am wondering if I screwed myself by not having my profile completed back in Sept and now have to wait 2 more months, or if a OD of 8/31 should still show in March.

Worst thing I could have done is start reading these forums as now i want my car NOW. Plan always was to wait until Jan just incase we get a tax credit.
yes the finance part has to be completed, even if you plan on financing through Tesla or elsewhere, otherwise your profile is incomplete. Most here will tell you, and you know it now, that it is better to set the option as cash. Sorry to hear about your edd.

Dumb question; do you get an email indicating a VIN has been provided or do you have to check on the app?
Based on observation of the feedback in this thread, it seems like your VIN is updated to your profile prior to an email being sent. I’m not sure how much sooner, but some ppl say they saw it on their account before getting an email. On the flip side, you have those that don’t refresh their profile page every 36 seconds like most of us here lol and those folks find out via the email first, simply bc they don’t check their profile as often.

Also seems like the email that ppl receive isn’t necessarily a “your VIN is here” email, it’s more of a “pay your balance now” email.

Dumb question; do you get an email indicating a VIN has been provided or do you have to check on the app?
For me, I got an email saying with the subject "Your Model Y Final Payment is Ready" at the same time I got a VIN. But I only saw that email after I did my compulsive refresh of the account page. As is tradition. I don't remember when it showed in the phone app.

Good for people who want to take delivery
I'm glad that those who don't care about the tax credit are now able to get their cars earlier.

It's functionally the same result as having a shorter wait for those paying more for the MYP but feels a lot fairer. Those who put it on hold, DECIDED to wait for a possible benefit so it feels like you have some control of your situation vs. the frustration people were feeling when they were on day 120 waiting for a MYLR and seeing someone who ordered a MYP take delivery in a week.

To be clear, I don't have a problem w/ Tesla's approach of maximizing higher margins but I feel like the current situation is less frustrating (or rather that frustration has been redirected towards bickering politicians instead of Tesla, where it belongs haha)

Also seems like the email that ppl receive isn’t necessarily a “your VIN is here” email, it’s more of a “pay your balance now” email.
You make a very good point. I misspoke in my earlier post saying I received my “VIN email”. It was in fact just an email saying “Your Model Y Final Payment is Ready”, which prompted me to check the app and my account, where the VIN was then displayed.