Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t used the frunk once in the past two months.

I would use it more (esp. for groceries) but the experience of closing it is awful. You have to push down on the emblem to close it, the hood bows inward when you do, and it’s more force than I would like to apply to the exterior of the car.

So it’s only for road trips for me. The back of the Y is huge anyway.
I want to use it for my teenagers' hockey gear (the stinky stuff), but I hate the bowing of the hood and the smudges. Keeping an eye on the auto-frunk threads and plan to buy one once I see something that doesn't have alignment problems.

I would use it more (esp. for groceries) but the experience of closing it is awful. You have to push down on the emblem to close it, the hood bows inward when you do, and it’s more force than I would like to apply to the exterior of the car.

You are not supposed to push down on the emblem.
1636553693918.jpeg

Also if you have to close with just one hand (Which you aren’t supposed to do) I have found that laying the outside of the hand (pinky finger side) under the T logo and pressing down is a good way of stretching the pressure out and preventing denting. If you press on the logo you will eventually put a dent in the frunk.

You are not supposed to push down on the emblem.
View attachment 731390
Also if you have to close with just one hand (Which you aren’t supposed to do) I have found that laying the outside of the hand (pinky finger side) under the T logo and pressing down is a good way of stretching the pressure out and preventing denting. If you press on the logo you will eventually put a dent in the frunk.
I looked at my Fronk and it doesnt have those green areas. 😂🤣😂

Funny, I'm the exact opposite. Even before COVID, we've used the frunk in our M3 for takeout as it does a better job limiting food smells from being in the car. Is pushing down on the emblem new? The Service Techs told us when we got our M3 was to push down on either side of the emblem with both hands to close it for that reason (hood is thin and can bow inward).

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Funny, I'm the exact opposite. Even before COVID, we've used the frunk in our M3 for takeout as it does a better job limiting food smells from being in the car. Is pushing down on the emblem new? The Service Techs told us when we got our M3 was to push down on either side of the emblem with both hands to close it for that reason (hood is thin and can bow inward).
No, pushing on either side of the emblem is still the recommended method.

I am coming from a Porsche, one of the best things about driving that car was the noise it made while driving…I wonder how long until I am like your son lol
It's going to be night and day and I honestly think after a couple days in it, the sound from an ICE car especially loud ones are going to feel like 'WTF is that noise?' lol
Drive for a couple of days without radio/music (of course after you've tested that it works well) and then get into an ICE car. lol

OH NO!! you're doing it wrong. You don't push on the emblem. You're supposed to use 2 hands on the sides of the emblem. It will bow and may dent if you press down on the emblem. Tesla recommends 2 hands on the side. Another reason to get auto frunk. Maybe that will be part of Tesla's next change

Picked my Red/White MYLR5 up today from Cincinnati! I kept my expectations tempered all day given some of the bad delivery experiences shared here. But that was not us! We showed up, seemingly the only ones taking delivery at that time. I was so enthralled with our delivery I didn't even think to look at some others to see if there were and 2022s for changes. We looked over the car and everything looked bang on. Panels aligned, lights in place, interior clean. I was really impressed. I had the TeslaPrep app ready to go but basically did a quick scroll through it after doing my own visual rundown. I did make sure to check door jams for issues and that seemed fine. They installed mudflaps but not the PPF. I asked about it and they said both come standard so they scheduled a service appointment in a few weeks to install the PPF for us.

While going through the car and signing the papers, my wife was laughing hysterically at the fart noises 🤣. Apparently she didn't know that was a thing and couldn't stop laughing at all the variations and making my seat fart. It made me want to marry her all over again 😍. I FaceTimed my buddies and brothers (who didn't know I ordered but knew I've been car shopping for years) and they were speechless. Just laughing that I finally pulled the trigger and managed to keep it under wraps.

On to the drive. So this was my first time even sitting in a Tesla. It's very comfortable, feels premium and clean but I wouldn't say Lexus luxury. Speakers sound great! My drive home was at dusk in traffic (and I forgot to enable autosteer) so I was limited with what I could experiment with. I basically just drove home normally but with TACC. I did a few half to one second pulls (not full throttle) on the highway and just laughed at the absurdity of the acceleration even in the LR.
The ride is firm and tight but comfortable. I only got well paved highway driving in but it's quiet too, especially compared to our previous 12 year old Legacy and current 14 year old Camry. The steering felt heavy, but it was in standard mode. I'll experiment with the other drive settings tomorrow. It's not something I can't get used to though. The one pedal driving felt very strange but I was adjusting rapidly. I like it a lot but it was part of why I felt so timid on the drive home. Such a different driving car, and much larger than I'm used to, that I was extra cautious until we become better acquainted. That won't be long!

And the name? Seven. I said it as a joke since I've forever loved Seinfeld and my wife is working her way through the series finally on Netflix. It stuck, so she still hasn't named anything 🤣 Oops.

Delivery on page 2036!
Congratulations! :)