Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text and delivery scheduled for Nov.20th in Princeton..125 days after placing order, I’ll take it!
Now I have to look for that checklist lol
I did the whole checklist for my brother's car, and totally ignored it for mine. I was like dumbstruck or something upon seeing the car lol.

I did the whole checklist for my brother's car, and totally ignored it for mine. I was like dumbstruck or something upon seeing the car lol.
Exactly, I had 4 or 5 checklists, installed the InspectT app in my phone, but didnt use anything - just eyeballed the car.

I guess too much information, excitement, hectic work contributed as well to me not doing anything :)

My timeline in case this may help anybody going through this glorious process at the moment. I found the 'wait' to be the easy part (this thread helps a lot), and then the crazy rush in a small timeframe to be the stressful part.

-OD 8/20.
-Zero contact with Tesla.
-Vin Arrival 10/26, accompanied by an email saying "final payment is due".
-At this point my EDD was November 8-18.
-Sometime during the next week it moved to November 7-13. Which was a bit terrifying because I was still selected as "cash" in the system, needed to switch to 3rd party financing and begin work on my Trade.
-Somewhere towards the end of this week my EDD moved again to November 3-9.
-Used the chat feature to change my financing and tie the trade estimate I had to my account on the 26th.
-The system took until Oct 31 to update my trade-in information, which included an email from the "PayoffQuotes" team to get the information for the current loan on my trade.
-I spent a few days of the following week lining up my financing, which was not exactly easy as I was on work travel, and Tesla doesn't provide things like a window sticker that my lender was looking for. The MVPA was also not updated until -11/3 to show 3rd party financing and a spot for both Tesla and myself to sign the agreement.
-Got emails and phone calls from Mt. Kisco on Thursday 11/4, which culminated in them asking if I wanted to take delivery on the 5th. I have another post going through the confusion for that day.

The part I thought most interesting is that I had no contact from anybody directly at Mt. Kisco, not until I was 4 days before my original delivery date of the 8th that they tried to move up. If my car did not come in early I bet I would not have been contacted until 2-3 days before delivery. When I called their number on the 5th ensuring I was scheduled for pickup that day, the person said, "I'll send your delivery team a message and call you back when they answer". I said, "No, I'd like you to walk over there and ask so that I know I can leave my house". He then informed me that he is not physically located at Mt. Kisco and it was a call center. When I arrived I saw why, the showroom is tiny, and it was full of a bunch of people looking for test drives, supercharging, and asking questions/ordering.

TL;DR - I wouldn't expect contact from your specific delivery center until they have your actual car in their posession, that gives them the fire they need to ensure they book the sale quickly.
Okay, very informative! The SA from the Tesla store I ordered from are nice people but not responsive at all. Going in person, they essentially told me to talk to Mt. Kisco (my pick up location) if I have any more questions about my order. Your experience shows that Mt K is also absent from a customer service perspective - good to know.

At some point in the coming months I need to update my registration, tax, and final balance to reflect my home state’s (WA) military tax laws, guess online chat is my best bet. Also for the veterans in this group, happy vets day. Special love to my brothers and sisters that have been deployed overseas.

Last edited:
Anyone from the Atlanta area here?
I am looking for a good tint shop to have the windows, rear hatch and windshield tinted. Using the 3M Crystaline series film I have a quote for $530 for 4 windows and back. For an additional $285 I can get the windshield also tinted with the transparent film. Total $815 + 6% sales tax = $863.90 with tax and out the door.

Any thoughts if this price is high or if there are other alternative shops?

Thank you.
That’s a good price. In 2015 I got windshield, all windows, and rear hatch window done with ceramic for about $600. This was in Huntsville AL, with a bit of very light and easy negotiation. Your price is about on par considering standard inflation.

Last edited:
VINday is finally here!
7SAYGAEE2NF314xx (why do we hide our VINs again?? 😅)
EDD is still sitting at 11/15-11/29
Congratulations!!!

No idea why VINs are hidden. They’re listed on every single new car and used car listing

Legally it’s public info and required to be openly displayed on every car, and easily searchable in public databases with license plate numbers, which are also legally required to be publicly displayed!

Okay, very informative! The SA from the Tesla store I ordered from are nice people but not responsive at all. Going in person, they essentially told me to talk to Mt. Kisco (my pick up location) if I have any more questions about my order. Your experience shows that Mt K is also absent from a customer service perspective - good to know.

At some point in the coming months I need to update my registration, tax, and final balance to reflect my home state’s (WA) military tax laws, guess online chat is my best bet. Also for the veterans in this group, happy vets day. Special love to my brothers and sisters that have been deployed overseas.
Thank you, and thank you for your service.

Exactly, I had 4 or 5 checklists, installed the InspectT app in my phone, but didnt use anything - just eyeballed the car.

I guess too much information, excitement, hectic work contributed as well to me not doing anything :)
Exactly this! I used the InspectT app for the M3.
I was afraid of dropping and breaking my phone so I didn't bother hah. I couldn't even take pictures properly. Excitement, was out of the park!

100 hours until delivery! As long as it's on time, I'll be at 149 days from order to delivery...but who's counting 😎
I spoke too soon - I called Tesla for an update on transit, they told me it isn’t scheduled to arrive until the day after my original appointment, so we had to push it out by two days.

Lesson learned - even after VIN, the roller coaster doesn’t stop 😤