Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few weeks ago I was in a BMW dealership. Every car had a 10k markup over sticker. The world has gone mad.
I will have to disagree that Tesla is milking their customers....the inflation is highest in 30 years and supply chain issues with skyrocket demand is pushing the prices...If anything Ford dealership is "milking" their customers by adding a markup up to 15k...i was considering a mach e but knowing that i would have to still buy through their dealership and stories of dealerships not knowing how to service a mach e kept me away...

So, just following up on my post yesterday. I talked to my SA over the phone and confirmed I can add FSD for 10K and this wouldn’t effect the price increase (extra 4K price increase for MY, since I ordered in August). I gave up on the option after that other thread with 4K mark up. Now I am thinking again how bad I want it for resale purpose!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
We tinted my wife MY yesterday including the windshield and I'll tell you, that made a LOT of difference - the windshield especially. The AC actually felt cooler at the regular temp we set it too which is good as it means we may not need to crank it down a lot and save more battery power.
What level of tint did you have applied.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
So, just following up on my post yesterday. I talked to my SA over the phone and confirmed I can add FSD for 10K and this wouldn’t effect the price increase (extra 4K price increase for MY, since I ordered in August). I gave up on the option after that other thread with 4K mark up. Now I am thinking again how bad I want it for resale purpose!
FWIW, KBB values it at $1110.00 on a used car. Of course if someone saavy knows the value, you could likely get more, but if you go Carvana, CarMax you might even get less.

Fellow Georgia resident. Unfortunately, our state adds an additional $214 yearly licensing fee for all-electric vehicles. The fee is $320 if the vehicle is used commercially.

The fee goes towards road maintenance. It keeps the state from losing tax revenue since the road maintenance taxes are otherwise collected at the gas pump you will no longer use.

I was surprised at this but I agree that we should pay our fair share to maintain the public roads we use.

The only thing I don't agree with is that when you pay at the pump, you pay based on usage. The more you drive, the more you gas up, the more you pay in gas taxes. For the EV version, however, they just pulled a number (perhaps too high) out of the air and decided that would be about "right". It seems high to me.

They do the same thing in Wisconsin. I drive a lot for work. I figured out the break even point a while back (no longer recall what it was), but in “normal times” I’ll come out ahead with an EV - but likely the average driver would not.

FWIW, KBB values it at $1110.00 on a used car. Of course if someone saavy knows the value, you could likely get more, but if you go Carvana, CarMax you might even get less.
I would say the $1110 KBB eval is some estimator pulling out the number of their ass. True market value will be determined in a few months when there’s competition and the superiority of teslas FSD will begin to show. I’m not drinking or selling the FSD cool aid instead I truly think the market hasn’t caught up / matured to comprehend the value of FSD.

Since it's a new car, for most states the answer is yes, the dealer must register the car. Usually traditional dealers have a law firm on contract that processes them in bulk. I believe Tesla has their own employees do this task.
In WA, they definitely use a third-party for registrations. I had an issue with the RTA fee because of a incorrectly reported MSRP and spoke w/ many Tesla employees at the Bellevue SC who all had to pass on the info to the "non customer-facing registration office" to help resolve.

I only got this info after 5+ different Tesla employees failed to follow-up, like they said they would. I even asked if they could CC me on their emails to this registration contact so I could make sure nothing was being lost in translation but was told they couldn't do that.

At night, however, we didn't use auto steer at all. It now requires the auto high beams and on the highway it was a mess. Flashing on and off, completely disregard for the cars up the road but definitely still within views of high beams, etc. I didn't want to be an PITA driver so we just didn't use auto steer. Auto high beams are going to need major adjustments on the highway especially, or being completely decoupled from auto steer at night, for me to use auto steer at night, unfortunately.
I read somewhere that auto-high beams are required to activate AP for vision-only but you could then manually shut off the auto-high beam w/o exiting AP. Still annoying to have to do every time, if that is in fact how it works, but maybe better than nothing.

And service? Forget it. They used to bend over backwards for us. Now we're faceless nobodies. The fact that no one can help me get my 7 year history is pissing me off big time.
Before they started showing service history in the app, I was trying to dig up past invoices for my 2018 LR RWD since it has had many, many, issues and I wanted to admire all my hard work in hunting down fixes for this beta product (half-joking).

I found this neat little trick that worked for me that leverages the adobe invoices sent for approval on service visits. Not sure if this would work going back 7 years but might be worth a quick check. Here's my pro-tip:
  • Go to Adobe Acrobat
  • Create an account using the email address associated w/ your Tesla account
  • Go to Documents on the top menu
  • Go to All Agreements on the left-hand side panel
  • All loaner agreements/service invoices should show here
@PhillyGal Let me know if this works for you as I'm interested how far this might go back. I only have ~3 years of Tesla ownership history so I'm a Tesla noob compared to you haha
@dnstommy WA state also charges extra for EV registration, heavy weight registration, and even hybrids.

$43.25 basic registration fee
$45 vehicle weight fee
$150 EV fee

Grand total $238.25 per year, plus a bit more if you live in one of the specific cities and counties. They even created a helpful cartoon to show how much you need to fork over:

According to my WA tabs renewal, annual EV taxes amount to $250 or $225 if you don't include vehicle weight:
  • $75 Transportation Electrification
  • $150 Electric Vehicle Registration Renewal
  • $25 Vehicle Weight

At the bank, they will straight up charge you a fee to give you statements that go back that far. The reason is because it’s a complete PIA to pull that many records, and a ton of paper to print out that many statements.

I’m curious why they need 7 years of service history. Anytime I’ve sold my vehicles or traded in, nobody cared or even asked. And it wouldn’t have made a difference in the amount I sold for.
The bank doesn't take your online statements, which you always had access to, away out of the blue then tell you to "go to our new app" when that new app does't keep any records.

My service records were always in my online account, and now they're gone. They never were on the app but once that app function was invented, records stated populating there. But again, only the new ones.

I need them because multiple people have asked me to make a video update after 100k miles with a Model S. Once upon a time, I was a big source of Tesla info (since the "pond" was so small.) Now the pond is an ocean and every other Tom, Dick or Mary that buys a Tesla makes content.
Not difficult. But not a sale. It’s a waste of time to have your bankers sit for an hour printing statements for someone who is just going to then leave once you hand them the documents. If a customer was being especially difficult I would refer them to the back office research team that 100% would charge fees for every single statement.

The bankers don’t have to charge a fee. But I wasn’t going to have them spend more than a few minutes researching documents.

Bankers are not there to do anything but sell to their customers and keep them happy enough so they come back to get more bank products/loans.

Was a branch manager for a couple years. Won’t ever go back to retail banking, it’s a terrible existence.
I agree it's a waste of time. But since they literally took away my own ability to take the time to retrieve it from where my records always lived (online), they have no choice. So yes, I'm mad.

(PS - my mom has 30 years in a bank. 27 commercial and they fired her, miraculously, within the same 6 month period that they found a reason to fire every teller over 50 she knew too. Now a credit union and much happier.)

@PNWLeccy I got so excited I jumped right on and tried. No luck, unfortunately. It's showing zero documents anywhere under the agreements (open, closed, new, etc.)
Bummer, mine shows my recurring monthly appointment at the service center:
Adobe Tesla Service Invoices.jpg