Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two questions.

1. Who has shopped third party loan providers, and what are you finding? For folks with a job, good credit, own a home, etc. I am currently set up with my order to pay cash, and I can if that is the best deal. But if (and with oncoming inflation seeming to be an issue at least for a bit, this could be questionable) a loan is available for terms that suggest I keep some of my own money and pay over time on a loan to let my money work, I would consider it.

2. WRT the AutoPilot features, has anyone used those on more rural, off the beaten path type roads, roads not typically on the main routes including superchargers yet? Basically country two lane stuff. If so, curious how it works. I normally like to drive those myself and not use even cruise in my traditional vehicles, except for long straight stretches that occur sometimes. But still curious.
My local credit union is offering 60 months at 1.67% apr and 72 months at 1.82% apr.

That’s low enough for me to put less down and keep it invested.

For owners with white seats or orders with white seats found this eBay seller with decent pricing on the ceramic coating chemical:

Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield 50ml Kit - Advanced Protection for your Leather New

I am NOT affiliated to this seller or anything of the sort. Sharing here as I just ordered and obsessively got 4 bottles for my soon to be two teslas with white seats - one MY Red coming soon and one M3 in Jan/feb hopefully. ☺️
Despite not having white seats, I do have kids…thank you for this, I will be putting this on my black seats (whenever they come).

Well, my Model Y ordering journey is complete and I just wanted to share my experience. I ordered my Model Y, long range, 7 seater with the blue exterior and white interior back in August 10. Originally I placed an order for a Model S on July 25 and the dates for the order kept sliding every week. With my Model 3 lease ending this year, I needed a replacement and at this point it was just a race to see which one would get delivered first.

My EDD was holding stable for about 4 weeks with 12/18 - 12/31. Then out of the blue, I get a call yesterday (11/13) saying my car was ready for pick-up and I needed to finish all the financing and insurance details and that I can get the car the next day. VIN assigned and EDD shifted to 11/14 - 11/17. Huh, really short notice on a Saturday but luckily I was able to add the new car to the insurance and secure financing. Delivery advisor called and said everything was good to go and I can pick up up the next day. Seems too good to be true at this point... Perhaps a rejected order?

The day of delivery, I called the delivery center just to make sure the pick up was still on schedule. No issues or delays. I made sure I brought a printed copy of insurance and the delivery checklist. I showed up to the delivery center about 30 minutes early, but the receptionist checked me in right away and my car was already waiting in the spot outside. Went through all the paperwork, verified all information was correct (a process that took about maybe 15 minutes) and they said go out and enjoy the car. If I spot any issues, come back in a let them know. Oh boy, here we go...

Opened the car up and starting going through all items of the checklist. After 45 minutes of checking every item at least twice, I could not find any major flaws: Very minimal panel gaps (I'd say less than 1mm off on a few that I noted), USB-Cs were all there and working, left front induction charger takes a bit of shifting before it starts charging. Other than that, it was truly a pleasant surprise. You read about all the stories of missing equipment, bad gaps, and other build quality issues that you're almost expecting it. Now I feel slightly light headed... Not sure if it was from how quickly everything went or the fumes from the new car.

TL;DR: Ordered at MY in August, was expecting in December, showed up 1 month ahead of schedule with hardly any major defects.

Here are some quick shots:

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPEG
    IMG_0056.JPEG
    457 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0059.JPEG
    IMG_0059.JPEG
    547.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0060.JPEG
    IMG_0060.JPEG
    587.2 KB · Views: 62
Well, my Model Y ordering journey is complete and I just wanted to share my experience. I ordered my Model Y, long range, 7 seater with the blue exterior and white interior back in August 10. Originally I placed an order for a Model S on July 25 and the dates for the order kept sliding every week. With my Model 3 lease ending this year, I needed a replacement and at this point it was just a race to see which one would get delivered first.

My EDD was holding stable for about 4 weeks with 12/18 - 12/31. Then out of the blue, I get a call yesterday (11/13) saying my car was ready for pick-up and I needed to finish all the financing and insurance details and that I can get the car the next day. VIN assigned and EDD shifted to 11/14 - 11/17. Huh, really short notice on a Saturday but luckily I was able to add the new car to the insurance and secure financing. Delivery advisor called and said everything was good to go and I can pick up up the next day. Seems too good to be true at this point... Perhaps a rejected order?

The day of delivery, I called the delivery center just to make sure the pick up was still on schedule. No issues or delays. I made sure I brought a printed copy of insurance and the delivery checklist. I showed up to the delivery center about 30 minutes early, but the receptionist checked me in right away and my car was already waiting in the spot outside. Went through all the paperwork, verified all information was correct (a process that took about maybe 15 minutes) and they said go out and enjoy the car. If I spot any issues, come back in a let them know. Oh boy, here we go...

Opened the car up and starting going through all items of the checklist. After 45 minutes of checking every item at least twice, I could not find any major flaws: Very minimal panel gaps (I'd say less than 1mm off on a few that I noted), USB-Cs were all there and working, left front induction charger takes a bit of shifting before it starts charging. Other than that, it was truly a pleasant surprise. You read about all the stories of missing equipment, bad gaps, and other build quality issues that you're almost expecting it. Now I feel slightly light headed... Not sure if it was from how quickly everything went or the fumes from the new car.

TL;DR: Ordered at MY in August, was expecting in December, showed up 1 month ahead of schedule with hardly any major defects.

Here are some quick shots:
Nice config. 🥸

Despite not having white seats, I do have kids…thank you for this, I will be putting this on my black seats (whenever they come).
That is for actual leather seats. Teslas do not have actual leather seats. They are artificial leather. For artificial leather, you would want to use something like this as it is specifically for artificial leather. Leaves a nice Matte finish behind. No shine. I have used it for my white seats. They also sell a cleaner that is a good idea to use before doing the coating.

I went 5% all around on the wife’s MY and we love it- I will say thought that for my MY on order, I will probably go 25%-30% on the rear as I do find it a bit difficult to see out the rear at night, and during the day if you are wearing sunglasses it also isn’t the clearest view out. My wife doesn’t seem to notice it though. I’ve found with the glass roof and amount of light the windshield let’s in, it’s best to go a bit darker on teslas. I also live in SoCal where it’s hot/sunny darn near every day. Even with the 5% you can still see in the front windows a bit if looking from outside.

Also, my window tint guys does a ton of teslas and said to never get the roof tinted as the heat can get trapped between the tint and roof, and cause the glass to crack.

FYI for anyone interested I got XPEL Prime XR Plus - four side windows and rear - $375 in Los Angeles area.
Nice. 5% is limo black which is illegal here. I didn’t want to risk being pulled over and the concern with the seeing out the window too.
The full dark will look really nice on a white car though.

Last edited:
I’m not sure, I didn’t ask him. I took his word for it since I’d imagine he’d gladly take the extra business if there were no concerns. It could be what Patrick said, but my other guess would be that the roof glass is a different composite or manufacturing process which changes the amount of heat retention or other characteristics of the glass. I’ve got to imagine the roof, which gets the majority of heat/sun/UV, is made a bit different than the rest of the windows. Some of the older teslas it’s very noticeable that the roof glass is different, almost a blue/purple color .
I have no idea though, but I will ask next time I’m in there and report back.
Yup. You nailed it. The roof glasss is different from the window glass. I can’t remember but I believe it’s also 3 layers of glass on the roof with some film in between.
I’ve actually personally tested this on a hot sunny Florida day.
The roof was very hot to touch on the inside but the heat did not radiate into the car. You couldn’t feel the heat unless you touch it which makes sense for the glass absorbing the heat. The window glasses don’t absorb the heat like that, they let it in. So if you tint the heat absorbing roof, you increase the amount of heat it’s absorbing and if it’s past the limit it can take, it will break.

OD 9/27 with EDD Oct 17-Nov 7 and changed interior color to black on 9/29 and on same day changed again back to white color interior.
Subsequently around 10/9 EDD changed to Nov 17-Dec 7.
Today my EDD narrowed from a 3 week window to a 2 week window of Nov 26-Dec 10.

Seems like it is scheduled for build and VIN pending very soon.

I believe my indecision on interior color put me at the back of the line :(
I don’t believe it did; I changed interior and wheels 3 months after ordering and my EDD didn’t move 🤷‍♀️

Using the Teslike data in the sticky thread in this section, I rolled up the numbers for 2021 orders. Here's where things stand for those who reported orders. The VIN %s might be a little lower than reality due to folks not updating with their VIN date but it might offer an idea of where you stand.

View attachment 732976
Did you remove MYP from this data or are they mixed?

New thing to add to the possibly coming, may come soon, may come next year or never mind it’s not coming list…

Meh. I like the look of the rear cargo area without the molded thing to hold that in there. Will end up being another thing up on a shelf or on hooks in my garage. Never used the one in my Passat wagon.