Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 9/27 with EDD Oct 17-Nov 7 and changed interior color to black on 9/29 and on same day changed again back to white color interior.
Subsequently around 10/9 EDD changed to Nov 17-Dec 7.
Today my EDD narrowed from a 3 week window to a 2 week window of Nov 26-Dec 10.

Seems like it is scheduled for build and VIN pending very soon.

I believe my indecision on interior color put me at the back of the line :(
MYP?

It's the wheels. I just configured one on the web site. Induction Wheels EDD June, Gemini Wheels EDD October
Clearly the induction wheels are an advantage in priority. I wonder why. If I lived somewhere where I was always on paved streets and it never snowed, I'd get them to move up the priority list. But for me, the Geminis have a distinct advantage. If it's only profit, I'd pay the extra $1000 or whatever to move up the list by months and months if I had that choice. 19 inch Geminis, for me, are worth it. Increased sidewall, etc. I live on a roadmix/gravel road and drive on snow floor at least part of the time 8 months out of the year, and I have to worry about punching through the berm at the end of the driveway for 5 months. It's not even close.

MYLR | Blue | Black | 5 seats | 19 inch | Tow | No FSD | Order Completion 8/23/21
Latest EDD 1/3/22 - 1/31/22

Ok, to follow up my post from yesterday I went over the car today and could fine nothing wrong except the non-perfect but acceptable panel gaps I mentioned yesterday. All the USB ports are there as well.

My wife and I cruised around in rural Minnesota where we live and and put 110 miles on the car. Started getting used to some range anxiety as there were no fast charging stations where we went. But really we had plenty of range and were overcautious. Just part of learning about the car.

A couple of dumb things I did on delivery day for you to watch out for. In the folder they give you there is paper work to sign and return, just don’t drive off like a dolt like I did. Also when you link your phone just click on the button with the phone’s name on it. Don’t wait for the “searching” text to go away because it will not. Also get familiar with switching back and forth between navigation and the other parts of the screen because it’s bad to figure it out in traffic in a brand new car.

Anyways I wish everyone luck in getting your cars. Hang in there, there is gold at the end of the rainbow. Even though that rainbow moves around quite a bit. I’ll see you again in the driving section of the site. Peace.
Thanks for your candid feedback. For those of us buying our first EV/Tesla we are going to be replicating what you experienced including range anxiety. I am expecting our Tesla next month end.

15 is closer to the middle shade. 5 is the darkest. Because there’s light coming in from the windshield, it doesn’t look as dark as you’d think. I can still see inside the car standing outside
I went 5% all around on the wife’s MY and we love it- I will say thought that for my MY on order, I will probably go 25%-30% on the rear as I do find it a bit difficult to see out the rear at night, and during the day if you are wearing sunglasses it also isn’t the clearest view out. My wife doesn’t seem to notice it though. I’ve found with the glass roof and amount of light the windshield let’s in, it’s best to go a bit darker on teslas. I also live in SoCal where it’s hot/sunny darn near every day. Even with the 5% you can still see in the front windows a bit if looking from outside.

Also, my window tint guys does a ton of teslas and said to never get the roof tinted as the heat can get trapped between the tint and roof, and cause the glass to crack.

FYI for anyone interested I got XPEL Prime XR Plus - four side windows and rear - $375 in Los Angeles area.

ordered the MYLR on 11/10/21 in white/black interior/induction wheels/5 seater/tow with the EDD in June 22'.

I filled out the registration and stuff last night and now the EDD is end of March/April.

You are lucky, I ordered my red/black LR MY 5 seat / tow hitch / 19" wheels mid October and I had an EDD of May 2022 but now it says June 2022. Mine is going the wrong direction.

I guess ordering red, the least ordered color, is hurting my delivery date.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I had my delivery location changed by Tesla. I changed it back through my SA with no change to EDD. It got changed again, which I noticed after I got my VIN. I changed it back again after my VIN but before it shipped I think and it didn’t change my dates.
Was the change of location done by Tesla, for a different city/state? Strange. A new Service center has come up 15 minutes drive from my home and I booked my car through an existing service center which is some 14 minutes drive. I would not be surprised if Tesla moves my delivery to the new SC that opened a month ago. I would prefer the old SC where my SA is based and which has more experienced mechanics and service personnel. It will be interesting to see what happens. Anyway, I am open to taking delivery in either SC so Tesla can balance their delivery load.

A few updates for this fine Sunday morning…

1. My EDD disappeared today, previously it shows at 12/16-31, now it’s just saying TBD. (stands for Too Bad, Dude?)

2. I switched from on-site pickup in Paramus NJ to home delivery for $750 earlier this week. This seems like a great trade off and relieves me of flying down and all of that. If anyone has experiences with this method, LMK.

3. Ordered the 7 seat Tesla shield mats yesterday for about $300 (all seats and trunk/front). Options were very limited and they were about half the cost of the 3Ds… anyone love/hate the TeslaShields?

4. Just out of curiosity I checked pricing on PPF in my market recently. $6500 for the entire vehicle, $2000 for just the front, $2500 for front plus rear rocker panels. I’m probably not going to do anything but am considering the front options.
There’s plenty of threads on here regarding Tesla Shields. I suggest a search and read through some of them.

I went 5% all around on the wife’s MY and we love it- I will say thought that for my MY on order, I will probably go 25%-30% on the rear as I do find it a bit difficult to see out the rear at night, and during the day if you are wearing sunglasses it also isn’t the clearest view out. My wife doesn’t seem to notice it though. I’ve found with the glass roof and amount of light the windshield let’s in, it’s best to go a bit darker on teslas. I also live in SoCal where it’s hot/sunny darn near every day. Even with the 5% you can still see in the front windows a bit if looking from outside.

Also, my window tint guys does a ton of teslas and said to never get the roof tinted as the heat can get trapped between the tint and roof, and cause the glass to crack.

FYI for anyone interested I got XPEL Prime XR Plus - four side windows and rear - $375 in Los Angeles area.
Whoa, that’s a super great price for the XPEL if it includes installation.

Clearly the induction wheels are an advantage in priority. I wonder why. If I lived somewhere where I was always on paved streets and it never snowed, I'd get them to move up the priority list. But for me, the Geminis have a distinct advantage. If it's only profit, I'd pay the extra $1000 or whatever to move up the list by months and months if I had that choice. 19 inch Geminis, for me, are worth it. Increased sidewall, etc. I live on a roadmix/gravel road and drive on snow floor at least part of the time 8 months out of the year, and I have to worry about punching through the berm at the end of the driveway for 5 months. It's not even close.

MYLR | Blue | Black | 5 seats | 19 inch | Tow | No FSD | Order Completion 8/23/21
Latest EDD 1/3/22 - 1/31/22
Exactly my thinking. I want maximum ground clearance and maximum tire wall height due to living in snow country. We have snow cover now. If that configuration was an MYP model, I would happily taken that option. Unfortunately for those booking now, the best deal is the cheapest but takes the longest time. One minor inconvenience/add on option that is not too expensive, is to pay a premium and add a tow or white seats (i.e., if you do not have young children sitting in your car) as a way to move the EDD from October to June.

There’s plenty of threads on here regarding Tesla Shields. I suggest a search and read through some of them.
Haha, always love this obligatory response. Worry not, I have searched the forum and found generally favorable reviews with some complaints about business practices, although nothing that concerned me greatly. I should’ve clarified I was wondering about some of the experiences of the regulars on this thread. I hope you’re enjoying the new ride!

Whoa, that’s a super great price for the XPEL if it includes installation.
Yeah, included install and they are very reputable.

When I got my M3 done in 2019, same exact tint and window count, it was $575. I was told by the owner that is due to the difficulty of tinting that large rear window on M3. I got my moms windows tinted at same place on her new Bronco, XPEL (just the basic, non ceramic) and it was $225. So extra $150 or so for the ceramic tint.

I agree though it’s good pricing- if he would have told me $500 I prob wouldn’t have questioned it 🤷‍♂️

Haha, always love this obligatory response. Worry not, I have searched the forum and found generally favorable reviews with some complaints about business practices, although nothing that concerned me greatly. I should’ve clarified I was wondering about some of the experiences of the regulars on this thread. I hope you’re enjoying the new ride!
Sorry, it actually wasn’t meant to be the typical ‘do a search’ response, although I suppose it’s no different, lol. Only meant that there are positives and negatives being reported and I didn’t want to personally sway you one way or the other with my very limited experience with the company.

For owners with white seats or orders with white seats found this eBay seller with decent pricing on the ceramic coating chemical:

Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield 50ml Kit - Advanced Protection for your Leather New

I am NOT affiliated to this seller or anything of the sort. Sharing here as I just ordered and obsessively got 4 bottles for my soon to be two teslas with white seats - one MY Red coming soon and one M3 in Jan/feb hopefully. ☺️

Sorry, it actually wasn’t meant to be the typical ‘do a search’ response, although I suppose it’s no different, lol. Only meant that there are positives and negatives being reported and I didn’t want to personally sway you one way or the other with my very limited experience with the company.
No worries, I left myself open there not stating that I’d done some precursory research. I was thinking there are some seasoned vets on here that might have done similar research, not too worried about it either way and I am excited to give them a try.

Why wouldn’t the heat trapping and glass cracking happen on the rear window and side windows then?

Two questions.

1. Who has shopped third party loan providers, and what are you finding? For folks with a job, good credit, own a home, etc. I am currently set up with my order to pay cash, and I can if that is the best deal. But if (and with oncoming inflation seeming to be an issue at least for a bit, this could be questionable) a loan is available for terms that suggest I keep some of my own money and pay over time on a loan to let my money work, I would consider it.

2. WRT the AutoPilot features, has anyone used those on more rural, off the beaten path type roads, roads not typically on the main routes including superchargers yet? Basically country two lane stuff. If so, curious how it works. I normally like to drive those myself and not use even cruise in my traditional vehicles, except for long straight stretches that occur sometimes. But still curious.

15 is closer to the middle shade. 5 is the darkest. Because there’s light coming in from the windshield, it doesn’t look as dark as you’d think. I can still see inside the car standing outside
I have never considered tinting a windshield, but based on what you are saying about heat gain am considering it. Also, does doing so provided some rock chip protection? That is a thing here in Idaho.