Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone here have any experience with their order going from an EDD (or many, many EDDs in most cases) to a generic "Estimated Delivery: TBD -
Delivery timing will be available soon" randomly? I'm curious if anyone has had that happen on the Y (I've seen a few posts about the message on the Model X specifically).

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Does anyone here have any experience with their order going from an EDD (or many, many EDDs in most cases) to a generic "Estimated Delivery: TBD -
Delivery timing will be available soon" randomly? I'm curious if anyone has had that happen on the Y (I've seen a few posts about the message on the Model X specifically).
I think it happens to most folks somewhere along the line. In my case, after about two days, I got a new EDD window.

When I went on 1-week hold to release a 2021 VIN and wait for a 2022, I clicked "I'm ready" (to remove the hold) on day 4 as the wait was killing me. EDD said TBD for 24hrs, then populated with 2/6-3/6 (later than new orders for MYP as the Tesla website stated "January"). That held for 3 days, I woke up to 12/4-12/31, then got another VIN that afternoon. Pickup is 11/19.

Moral of the story, less than a week from TBD to VIN in my case but if I've learned anything from the Tesla EDD system is that TBD (or any date for that matter) means you will get the car between today and 2030.

Got my VIN this morning (313xxx). :D OD: 7/29

It's MYLR only. Too much disparity between the models to combine the data.
Looks like they will clear out July in the next 2 weeks and progress heavily on August orders. From mid-December, the focus will be on September 1-15 orders and some late September orders. Let us see what Congress does in the next 2 weeks. With rising inflation, the momentum for another $1.7 trillion bill may have slowed down.

Just got "the" text. Delivery is scheduled for 11/24 at 1:00pm. I was given a choice of Wednesday, Thanksgiving, or Friday. Are they really doing deliveries Thursday? Fortunately we aren't traveling for the holidays.

Picking a time was tricky. Options were 12, 1, 2, 3, 4... We decided it would be unfair to get the car without our 3 year old. Mid day is better for traffic, but not for his nap (which at daycare is far from guaranteed anyway.) So we picked 1:00pm. Will send him to daycare, work in the morning, pick him up after his lunch and head down, hoping for a late snooze once we get home.

Just got "the" text. Delivery is scheduled for 11/24 at 1:00pm. I was given a choice of Wednesday, Thanksgiving, or Friday. Are they really doing deliveries Thursday? Fortunately we aren't traveling for the holidays.

Picking a time was tricky. Options were 12, 1, 2, 3, 4... We decided it would be unfair to get the car without our 3 year old. Mid day is better for traffic, but not for his nap (which at daycare is far from guaranteed anyway.) So we picked 1:00pm. Will send him to daycare, work in the morning, pick him up after his lunch and head down, hoping for a late snooze once we get home.
Congrats!!

Anyone know if changing delivery location before assignment of VIN affects your EDD? (Specifically I'd prefer delivery to house or closer SC and NOT Fremont)
Mine was initially going to be dropped at home, but I called and had them drop at SC, for me to pick up there. Delivery was still on the same date, regardless of the switch.

Reactions: PatrickTM
A few updates for this fine Sunday morning…

1. My EDD disappeared today, previously it shows at 12/16-31, now it’s just saying TBD. (stands for Too Bad, Dude?)

2. I switched from on-site pickup in Paramus NJ to home delivery for $750 earlier this week. This seems like a great trade off and relieves me of flying down and all of that. If anyone has experiences with this method, LMK.

3. Ordered the 7 seat Tesla shield mats yesterday for about $300 (all seats and trunk/front). Options were very limited and they were about half the cost of the 3Ds… anyone love/hate the TeslaShields?

4. Just out of curiosity I checked pricing on PPF in my market recently. $6500 for the entire vehicle, $2000 for just the front, $2500 for front plus rear rocker panels. I’m probably not going to do anything but am considering the front options.
3. Ordered from TeslaShields for my 7 seater, but have no clue where they are and/or when I will get them.
4. I got just the front ppf done, and they threw in headlights at no cost. Also got the door edges done too.

I scheduled my delivery for 11/22 in Devon, PA. That's still 1 week out so I wanted to find out how the car was progressing on its journey across the country. Chatted with an SA this AM and he was able to see that my car is just outside Ridgefield, NJ which is less than 2 hrs away! Any chance the car will be ready earlier and I can pick it up sometime THIS week?

I scheduled my delivery for 11/22 in Devon, PA. That's still 1 week out so I wanted to find out how the car was progressing on its journey across the country. Chatted with an SA this AM and he was able to see that my car is just outside Ridgefield, NJ which is less than 2 hrs away! Any chance the car will be ready earlier and I can pick it up sometime THIS week?
Ha I did the same thing last night. He said my car is in Birmingham, AL which is about 4 hours away.

My SA said mine should be here next Wednesday & gave me the option of Fri or Sat for pickup, saying verbatim “not Thursday for obvious reasons.” That made me assume they’d be closed for Thanksgiving? Who knows…

Congrats!

And wow, I had completely forgotten about nap time!

My SA said mine should be here next Wednesday & gave me the option of Fri or Sat for pickup, saying verbatim “not Thursday for obvious reasons.” That made me assume they’d be closed for Thanksgiving? Who knows…
Looks like the July orders are being filled. That’s awesome!

Ha I did the same thing last night. He said my car is in Birmingham, AL which is about 4 hours away.
supposedly our car (Nashville delivery) traveled by train from California to Birmingham as well. Seems strange to me, especially since there is a major CSX hub here in Nashville, but I guess that's where a lot of cars bound for the southeast pass through.

EDDs appear to be created by a random number generator. Mine has gone from October to February to April in less than seven days. It's not like there have been a lot of cataclysmic, unexpected world events in the last week.

Inability to project production to within +/- 20% two months out bespeaks a process in chaos. At this point supply chain issues can no longer be considered a surprise.

Or, they are just playing with us.