Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I found out my MY arrived at my local SC today, so I asked if I can update my delivery to tomorrow. Unfortunately for me, the rep said the vehicle inspector is off tomorrow so they wouldn’t be able to have it prepped & inspected for me til Friday. 😫

So I decided to take a drive up there tonight to see if I could find it… and I did, and it was love at first sight! 😍

Although it was dark & still had some of the factory wrap on it, I did a little mini inspection. Panel gaps were flawless from what I could tell, everything appeared to be intact on the exterior and from what i could see on the interior thru the window (was dark so couldn’t see much inside). There was a blemish on the lip of the passenger door though, hoping it was just some buildup of something that can be wiped off and not a paint chip. Same time though, gonna give em the benefit of the doubt & say I’m sure they’ll polish it up before Friday along with whatever other minor issues there may be.

I also asked the same rep I spoke with about whether or not the usb outlets & charging pad were intact, and he said it should all be there bc if not my account would most likely be noted to schedule a service appt to install. When I looked inside the window tonight, the center console still had factory wrap on it so I couldn’t tell for sure.

Think I made the wait for Friday even harder on myself! 😣

Attachments

• 80FDE8E6-4AC5-44E9-9ED3-561908205165.jpeg
    80FDE8E6-4AC5-44E9-9ED3-561908205165.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 81
Ok so I found out my MY arrived at my local SC today, so I asked if I can update my delivery to tomorrow. Unfortunately for me, the rep said the vehicle inspector is off tomorrow so they wouldn’t be able to have it prepped & inspected for me til Friday. 😫

So I decided to take a drive up there tonight to see if I could find it… and I did, and it was love at first sight! 😍

Although it was dark & still had some of the factory wrap on it, I did a little mini inspection. Panel gaps were flawless from what I could tell, everything appeared to be intact on the exterior and from what i could see on the interior thru the window (was dark so couldn’t see much inside). There was a blemish on the lip of the passenger door though, hoping it was just some buildup of something that can be wiped off and not a paint chip. Same time though, gonna give em the benefit of the doubt & say I’m sure they’ll polish it up before Friday along with whatever other minor issues there may be.

I also asked the same rep I spoke with about whether or not the usb outlets & charging pad were intact, and he said it should all be there bc if not my account would most likely be noted to schedule a service appt to install. When I looked inside the window tonight, the center console still had factory wrap on it so I couldn’t tell for sure.

Awesome! That’s exciting. What does your windshield sticker say for manufacture date and VIN?

Awesome! That’s exciting. What does your windshield sticker say for manufacture date and VIN?
After I got home & looked at the pic i thought to myself i definitely should’ve taken a pic of the windshield sticker smh lol but when I walked up to the car that was the first thing i checked to make sure it was mine, and it matches my VIN (7SAYGAEE2NF314902) 😁 Tbh I didn’t even pay attention to the manufacture date to remember what it was 😅

After I got home & looked at the pic i thought to myself i definitely should’ve taken a pic of the windshield sticker smh lol but when I walked up to the car that was the first thing i checked to make sure it was mine, and it matches my VIN (7SAYGAEE2NF314902) 😁 Tbh I didn’t even pay attention to the manufacture date to remember what it was 😅
Haha no worries! Very exciting for sure. You’ve been waiting a while, so close now!

Hi all - as I wait to pick up my darling (☺️) next week, I’ve been obsessed with ceramic coating interior and exterior and PPF and …

I’ve settled on the interior ceramic coating but still hunting for a 3 year exterior ceramic coating, however, haven’t found that one that’s cost effective and durable.

Now I know this is off topic, and it’s a repeat post (since it’s been posted a few times), however, yet again hoping someone here - the DIY enthusiast - has a bright answer?

Thanks all

Congratulations - she is a beauty. Cannot wait to hear 2021 vs 2022…

Pickup is 5 hours and I still don't know how much I owe or how I'll be paying for the car. No one has reached out except via text/email (with two conflicting instructions by the way), my trade-in is messed up in the account, and no final docs/final price is visible on our end.

When we show up with a personal check since they're leaving us no time to prepare otherwise, I better not get attitude.

Pickup is 5 hours and I still don't know how much I owe or how I'll be paying for the car. No one has reached out except via text/email (with two conflicting instructions by the way), my trade-in is messed up in the account, and no final docs/final price is visible on our end.

When we show up with a personal check since they're leaving us no time to prepare otherwise, I better not get attitude.
Sounds like there's a chance for fireworks!!! Any chance you can film the interaction?? ;)

Hi all - as I wait to pick up my darling (☺️) next week, I’ve been obsessed with ceramic coating interior and exterior and PPF and …

I’ve settled on the interior ceramic coating but still hunting for a 3 year exterior ceramic coating, however, haven’t found that one that’s cost effective and durable.

Now I know this is off topic, and it’s a repeat post (since it’s been posted a few times), however, yet again hoping someone here - the DIY enthusiast - has a bright answer?

Thanks all
Interested in this ceramic coating. Can you point me to more info on it? Never heard of interior coating. I pick up MYLR this Monday. Very excited and the list of accessories keeps growing. Might cancel my FSD from what I'm reading about it. Tough choice. Not sure. Any opinions on it much appreciated.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Interested in this ceramic coating. Can you point me to more info on it? Never heard of interior coating. I pick up MYLR this Monday. Very excited and the list of accessories keeps growing. Might cancel my FSD from what I'm reading about it. Tough choice. Not sure. Any opinions on it much appreciated.
Don’t cancel FSD. While people may poo poo it, I think it’s very very worth it especially when city driving comes in mainstream. Atleast for me I think it will be therapeutic by helping keep my calm and drive it within limits etc. too many speeding tickets on gas cars… 😂

I've also never heard of interior ceramic coating, and while exterior ceramic coating does wonders for the paint surface, appearance, and ease of paint care, it really does little to nothing to actually protect the paint (maybe bird poop) and I wouldn't put it in the 'durable' category; and, it's something a novice can easily do with some time and effort. PPF is a different story altogether, and I would recommend a professional for the job - unless you have mountains of patience.

Don’t cancel FSD. While people may poo poo it, I think it’s very very worth it especially when city driving comes in mainstream. Atleast for me I think it will be therapeutic by helping keep my calm and drive it within limits etc. too many speeding tickets on gas cars… 😂
thanks for the advice. I really want to keep it but not if it doesn't do what they say it should do. Have a few days of research left. Hearing many negatives, not much positive.

I've also never heard of interior ceramic coating, and while exterior ceramic coating does wonders for the paint surface, appearance, and ease of paint care, it really does little to nothing to actually protect the paint (maybe bird poop) and I wouldn't put it in the 'durable' category; and, it's something a novice can easily do with some time and effort. PPF is a different story altogether, and I would recommend a professional for the job - unless you have mountains of patience.
thanks, yeah I need to research PPF as well. See who on Long Island does that for what price. So many ways to part $ from my wallet! haha

thanks for the advice. I really want to keep it but not if it doesn't do what they say it should do. Have a few days of research left. Hearing many negatives, not much positive.
Yeah, I hear that too… but I also believe FSD is one of those that will mature using an exponential curve due to the multiple factors at play and how Tesla is positioned. Of course there’s always many dimensions to a statement like this and not one singular answer.

thanks, yeah I need to research PPF as well. See who on Long Island does that for what price. So many ways to part $ from my wallet! haha
My plan, and what I recommend to you, is to get the front bumper, entire hood, and first 1/3 of your front fenders covered in PPF. That will probably cost ~$1500. You can then buy the ceramic coating, and apply it yourself to the rest of the car after watching a few YT videos (it really is easy). A bottle is ~$50 and will coat your car 3-4 times. It will probably need to be done annually since you're dealing with winter weather, etc. I also recommend Turtle Wax Seal 'n Shine. The stuff is cheap and works amazingly well.