Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just woke up to a movement in my EDD. Went from a 14 day EDD of December 7-21 to a 28 day EDD of January 20-February 17. The January 20 date would be 155 days after profile completion. I know I have a 7 seater and two package which are not popular, but come on Tesla!
I hope it’s faster for you. I’ve been sitting at almost 155 days as it stands now. Though I think it’s pretty common for the 7 seaters to take awhile longer. Good luck and hang in there.

Here’s what Elon said in his email that may push your EDD from December to January. Not all of you, just some.

Per my email several weeks ago, our focus this quarter should be on minimizing cost of deliveries rather than spending heavily on expedite fees, overtime and temporary contractors just so that cars arrive in Q4.

The right principle is take the most efficient action, as though we were not publicly-traded and the notion of "end of quarter" didn't exist.”

Just woke up to a movement in my EDD. Went from a 14 day EDD of December 7-21 to a 28 day EDD of January 20-February 17. The January 20 date would be 155 days after profile completion. I know I have a 7 seater and two package which are not popular, but come on Tesla!
Hummm…. I ordered on 8-7. I had a EDD of 12-5/12-19 up until 3 days ago. I’m now sitting here with no EDD…. Just a TBD. I’m wondering if we’re going to be pushed out until January as well.

Musk’s message to employees to control expenses and focus on consistency and quality strikes me as a message that the all out offensive on numbers a t quarter end might be a fading scenario. Being in manufacturing in my past life its well known that pushing lines and people to the max cost money. Expediting parts costs money. Putting parts on planes as opposed to ship costs money, paying overtime costs money, and having to fix quality problem that made it out to customers costs money. They may be just be being realistic about what they can produce in the next 5 weeks and how many of those vehicles they can actually get to customers hands. I’m cool with a January delivery. What I’m not cool with is effective and consistent communication about the status of peoples orders.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks…

Last edited:
Yea the accessories are piled up.. my luck it will be pushed far enough into the model refresh none of them will fit…
Yep, I have a garage full too…. And, I’m sitting on a TBD EDD with an OD of 8-7.

Let’s see.…. Dog barrier, dog seat protectors, all weather floor mats, trunk and frunk too, under seat storage, screen protector, door organizers, roof and rear compartment shades, windshield shade, Home link opener kit, carbon fiber rear spoiler, mud flaps a full sized spare on a 20” induction wheel and a roof rack…. Crazy right? They chide me daily…. “What were you thinking boy? You’re not actually ever going to get this car you silly fool”. Oh, I can hear them from the closet in the garage... Bastards!

I hope it’s faster for you. I’ve been sitting at almost 155 days as it stands now. Though I think it’s pretty common for the 7 seaters to take awhile longer. Good luck and hang in there.
Well, at least I don’t feel alone. Did you really complete your order and profile in June and you still don’t have a car…. I’m both sorry, in that I hate to see this happening to you and sad because I’m now convinced I won’t see a car this year…. Oh well, I’ll just enjoy the stimulus check I guess.

I think some good news for you is you are well inside your EDD window and still hanging in there. Every time I get a day or two inside mine it moves. Mine stands at TBD as of this morning, has been for 3 days

Also received a text from Tesla this morning…My 11/30 scheduled delivery was also delayed until 12/3.
I received a call from Tesla this morning. I answered with trepidation as my delivery appointment is tomorrow, 11/29, at 1:00. It turned out to be an automated system calling to confirm my appointment. Yay!
I hope you get you get your car on 12/3.

I ordered a blue model Y and my delivery appt is tomorrow. My Model 3, which I sold in July, was also blue. I love the color!

I’ve never named my cars before, but all the recent posts about picking a name have inspired me. I’ve chosen Wolverine as the name of my new MY. The back story is I am an alum of the University of Michigan. The the school’s motto is Go Blue and the students and alumni refer to themselves as the wolverines. Hence, my blue car, sporting a UM Alumni window sticker, will be known as Wolverine.

I ordered a blue model Y and my delivery appt is tomorrow. My Model 3, which I sold in July, was also blue. I love the color!

I’ve never named my cars before, but all the recent posts about picking a name have inspired me. I’ve chosen Wolverine as the name of my new MY. The back story is I am an alum of the University of Michigan. The the school’s motto is Go Blue and the students and alumni refer to themselves as the wolverines. Hence, my blue car, sporting a UM Alumni window sticker, will be known as Wolverine.
Thank you, thank you! Thanks to your post I have a name now (I am a Michigan alumni as well)! The name shall be revealed when the car arrives. :)

Reactions: Nomogaz
Well, at least I don’t feel alone. Did you really complete your order and profile in June and you still don’t have a car…. I’m both sorry, in that I hate to see this happening to you and sad because I’m now convinced I won’t see a car this year…. Oh well, I’ll just enjoy the stimulus check I guess.

I think some good news for you is you are well inside your EDD window and still hanging in there. Every time I get a day or two inside mine it moves. Mine stands at TBD as of this morning, has been for 3 days
Yup. I completed it in June. My model Y was my birthday present lol. So I’ll get two birthdays this year when it does come! Haha😉