Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys and girls, need your help!

Based on your experience, which floor and trunk mats would you recommend? The main reasons for the needed upgrade are:
a) I live in MN and weather isn't always nice and dry
b) I have a golden retriever that will sometimes be traveling with me 🐕

I don't want to ruin the trunk and need something that will be easy to clean the dirt and dog hair off.
I too live in MN and for me, I needed something to prevent snow/water getting to the floor. In all of of our previous cars we purchased Weathertech Floor liners. For the Tesla Model Y, their liners leave a large gap on the driver's side. So I purchased Tesmanian floor liners which have good height and also bend easily for rear trunk access.

Reactions: VK Red MYLR
Day 111... my account still shows 4 weeks until the beginning of my EDD range, but maybe this will be my lucky day? I'd be happy to wait until 2022 if it seemed reasonably likely that the tax credit would pass, but between Manchin and Sinema, I'm not holding my breath that anything will pass before the end of the year... 🤷‍♀️
Or pass at all...

There is also a federal incentive that I believe ends in 2022. You can get 30% back on your install.
The tax credit on installation of an EV charger currently expires on 12/31/21. These things are often extended on an annual basis (it was previously set to expire on 12/31/20, but was extended another year as of 12/27/20), but there's no guarantee. To claim the credit for 2021, you're technically required to install the charger before the end of the year. Instructions for Form 8911 (02/2021) | Internal Revenue Service

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
I too live in MN and for me, I needed something to prevent snow/water getting to the floor. In all of of our previous cars we purchased Weathertech Floor liners. For the Tesla Model Y, their liners leave a large gap on the driver's side. So I purchased Tesmanian floor liners which have good height and also bend easily for rear trunk access.
Yes, I was looking at tesmanian too! I was also lucky to see Costco selling a dog seat cover for $25-ish in case when I won't be folding the rear seats.

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_141516__01.jpg
    IMG_20211107_141516__01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Today, the wait finally ended. I was supposed to get my Model Y yesterday but Tesla was a no show and scheduled for today between Noon-2PM CDT. Happened to just walk outside at around 11:30 AM and the Tesla was sitting in my drive way.

I had a ton of meetings today and had to jump right back into some after delivery, so I haven't done a deeper inspection of the car but aside from the below, the car looks to have very good quality.

Issues:
* Blotches on back seat (I couldn't remove with water, may try something else)
* Panel gap issue in the back passenger tail light
* Very small but noticeable black smudge on passenger side trim near the sun visor

I scheduled a service request and it said 12/21 was the earliest but then about 15 minutes later, I got a text from Tesla saying they would come out and fix these issues on 12/6 via mobile service.

- All USB-C ports working
- Wireless charging working

Also, just came back from meeting with Carvana. No nitpicking, just took some pics and cut the check for what was quoted. They left the car for a tow to come pick it up and take back to Carvana.

Meet Silvers Rayleigh!

silvers-rayleigh.jpg

Meet Galleon. You think the day will never come but it does. Thank you to all the folks on this forum for preparing me so well for today’s experience and the coming years’ enjoyment. I must add, there were no issues at all with the car at delivery (one small smudge in the headliner that was taken care of in 20 seconds so not really an issue). I used the Inspect T app as a guide to the inspection. It took about 30 minutes. Thanks again. “Inner peace!” and “Serenity now!” Your day really will come.

Attachments

• 00FE0005-2514-480F-977B-4FAAAA469A0E.jpeg
    00FE0005-2514-480F-977B-4FAAAA469A0E.jpeg
    596.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 8EC3E035-558D-47E0-97A4-FC6907D9359C.jpeg
    8EC3E035-558D-47E0-97A4-FC6907D9359C.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 55
@deonfromdallas @acatwith12 @belfairjim

So... you 3 just didn't want to wait 1 month for a potential tax credit? Really curious! Also, congrats!
We've waited so long already and there's no guarantee it passes either. I'm fine taking delivery now and being happy with it, and not looking back at my decision. We live in a world of "what ifs" or "if I had only done X"

So... you 3 just didn't want to wait 1 month for a potential tax credit? Really curious! Also, congrats!
I can't speak for them, but I took delivery a few weeks ago. I have a faint hope the credit will emerge from the senate with the original may 2021 retroactive effective date intact. I have a vague suspicion nothing will pass at all. I also know that I saved $5k ordering the car when I did, which is a good way towards the amount of the credit anyway. And I was originally willing to buy the car without any credit at all. $7500 / $8k is certainly nothing to sneeze at, but there is at least a decent chance none of us are seeing a dime. I'd waited almost 3 months for the car, I wanted the car, we needed a car since we sold the Audi to Carvana, and we bought a car. I have no regrets. There is no way to tell the future.

Really they will? I asked the SC in Fremont direct and they said they can't find that info for me... what number did you call?
I tried to call the “Chicago - Highland Park” showroom, but it went to some generic cash person who was not at the location.

Maybe it was a fluke, but he helped me schedule my delivery and then asked “do you want to find out when it was built, this is my favorite part.”

I, of course, after waiting since I ordered in July, said “You can do that, Yes!”

He then looked it up…
It was built the day I got my VIN.

What others have stated.

Became 100% debt free in March when I paid my house off. Put about 65% down and financed the rest for this car. With the trade-in from Carvana, this car will be paid off in probably March 2022.

8k is great but being a Texan, it is already enough problems trying to get this car ie can't sell directly to us, have to pay in full before delivery can be scheduled, having to have 60 days worth of insurance (mine auto-renews in June and Jan., so that caused some issues) and having to wait for Tesla to mail info needed to go pay Sales Tax and get tags and license plates etc etc.

Hope people are able to get the Tax Credit but this was not a "thing" when I ordered it in July, so not something I counted on and in the whole scheme of things, just won't really matter.

We've waited so long already and there's no guarantee it passes either. I'm fine taking delivery now and being happy with it, and not looking back at my decision. We live in a world of "what ifs" or "if I had only done X"
We live in a world of "what ifs" or "if I had only ORDERED an X" ... speaking from experience....