Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shows up in your profile / order page, there will a link to complete payment. The service that handles their payments is called Plaid. By default Plaid wants your bank account username and password, which I didn't feel comfortable giving, but if you click on "don't see my bank" or something like that, it will take you to a page where you can enter your bank's routing and account numbers. I did this in the parking lot just before I signed all the paperwork to accept delivery on delivery day. You can also pay by cashier's check on delivery day.
Thanks, that's good to know. I didn't know if I had to get something loaded on my phone ahead of time. Other than the app--which you need to have anyhow--I guess the answer is no. I'll probably do the same as you. You answered another question too, whether they'd take a cashier's check or certified check. I'm not sure people always know the difference.

I'm planning to make a $30K down payment; I wonder if I can do that much? Transfers have a daily limit, I don't know about a direct online payment like that.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's good to know. I didn't know if I had to get something loaded on my phone ahead of time. Other than the app--which you need to have anyhow--I guess the answer is no. I'll probably do the same as you. You answered another question too, whether they'd take a cashier's check or certified check. I'm not sure people always know the difference.

I'm planning to make a $30K down payment; I wonder if I can do that much? Transfers have a daily limit, I don't know about a direct online payment like that.
Funny, I know people that paid with personal checks and all cars I have ever bought from a dealership take personal. In addition I have paid in full with a bank check.

I received my VIN for MYLR today and completed the formalities Tesla wants done to "avoid delays" in the delivery of our cars. One was Plaid. I tried everything I could to enter my bank account details by not finding my bank. They have a horrible bank search function. I could not find capital one. I had to enter capital and then go through the whole list and finally find my bank. BTW, when I did not find my bank I tried to use "alternative" method and I absolutely could not find an option to just enter bank and routing number by excluding Plaid. The only 2 options are certified bank check or Wire transfer. I then went ahead with Plaid. I could however restrict plaid's access to only 1 bank account within my login. I had created another checking account to use to write checks and for Tesla. So this was good in that they can't dig into my 20 history of transactions with that bank. I also saw my bank has an ability to delete Plaid access. So once I take delivery, I am going to delete access to Plaid.
1641587367125.png

Hey y’all-

Hope the deliveries are coming in regularly and the wait though painful is going well relatively. I’m about 4 weeks into the ownership (after a 4 month wait) and loving it. Looking for reasons to drive the car ;).

Back here to seek some help. DCU screwed up my referral code when I opened my account. They are now saying get a new code, the name of the person that referred you and their member number. Anyone willing to help? If yes, Please PM me and I’ll share my details. Thanks in advance.
Thank you all. This has been taken care.

Reactions: BTVev
I received my VIN for MYLR today and completed the formalities Tesla wants done to "avoid delays" in the delivery of our cars. One was Plaid. I tried everything I could to enter my bank account details by not finding my bank. They have a horrible bank search function. I could not find capital one. I had to enter capital and then go through the whole list and finally find my bank. BTW, when I did not find my bank I tried to use "alternative" method and I absolutely could not find an option to just enter bank and routing number by excluding Plaid. The only 2 options are certified bank check or Wire transfer. I then went ahead with Plaid. I could however restrict plaid's access to only 1 bank account within my login. I had created another checking account to use to write checks and for Tesla. So this was good in that they can't dig into my 20 history of transactions with that bank. I also saw my bank has an ability to delete Plaid access. So once I take delivery, I am going to delete access to Plaid.
View attachment 753091
Congratulations!!

View attachment 753091
I'm like you, I'm going to complete the down payment as soon as I can. I know some folks don't want to do it until they inspect the car, but I don't worry about stuff like that, I just want it done and out of the way.

Once you get your VIN the options in the App change and a few new options become visible such as accepting MVPA, making payment. I think when the delivery schedule option is opened up then opening the vehicle and accepting it through the App opens up. As soon as one accepts it then the App changes even more with ability to control the car etc. For those worried about supercharging miles, it does show up in my loot box. So if you booked a Tesla through a referral link, Tesla still honors it.
1641611048222.png

Reactions: PatrickTM
Once you get your VIN the options in the App change and a few new options become visible such as accepting MVPA, making payment. I think when the delivery schedule option is opened up then opening the vehicle and accepting it through the App opens up. As soon as one accepts it then the App changes even more with ability to control the car etc. For those worried about supercharging miles, it does show up in my loot box. So if you booked a Tesla through a referral link, Tesla still honors it.
View attachment 753265
For me all those options are still grayed out; they say they're building my car. I'm not taking that too literally though but who knows, maybe so. I'm still showing an EDD of 18 - 24 Jan so I guess it's possible it's not built yet.

My EDD keeps pushing out, very frustrating I'm just 5 miles from Fremont factory :(

MYLR5 White on White | Wheel: 19" | Tow: No | FSD: No: | OD: 7/25/21 | EDD: Feb 2 - March 2
It’s been said in the past that there are certain color combinations that are not produced often and I believe white on white might be one of them. They produce very few of those combinations so if it’s not enough to go around, you get pushed out if you don’t make that batch.

This thread used to be very active few months back and it was easy to get close enough answers but you might be able to search and see references.

What's the advantage of the new battery that's supposedly on it's way to the MYP? (not the 4860)
I'm probably only going to get this partially right, but I think it's considered to be more reliable and will most likely last the life of the car, and it's lighter. I also think in some way it's more compatible with the overall electrical architecture of the car.

What's the advantage of the new battery that's supposedly on it's way to the MYP? (not the 4860)
The lead acid battery only lasts about 2-3 years before you need to replace it . This is a standard car battery.

The LION replacement should last as long as the main batterypack so you shouldn't need to change it. It is also lighter.

The downside is that there is a compatibility problem with the tow package . I think Tesla announced that brake & signals for the trailer lights will not work initially but there will be a retrofit sometime in 2022 to address this problem

I'm like you, I'm going to complete the down payment as soon as I can. I know some folks don't want to do it until they inspect the car, but I don't worry about stuff like that, I just want it done and out of the way.
BTW, Tesla does not take the money out prior to your delivery. They just get Plaid access to the account and they can see the balance and it displays on the Plaid screen.

Reactions: Wigan
so kind of a nothingburger
It will save you about 80 dollars and possible time and frustration about 3 times in 10 years. Considering the number of posts i have seen with people locked out of their cars because of this, i think its slightly more than a nothing burger for a number of people.

If you compare it to a ICE car that you could jump start, the 12v in the Tesla is quite a bit more important if you consider getting stranded in a random parking lot in winter.