Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is inaccurate. Tesla took money out of my account the day after connecting plaid (and scheduling the delivery for the following Wednesday) and then cancelled my delivery because of weather. Been waiting ever since and Tesla has my cash.
Interesting. I am in the mid-west I have 2 weeks between VIN and delivery. I just checked and they have still not deducted any money from my account. Maybe they do it once one sets a delivery appointment. Did they deduct from your account before you picked a delivery appointment?

Interesting. I am in the mid-west I have 2 weeks between VIN and delivery. I just checked and they have still not deducted any money from my account. Maybe they do it once one sets a delivery appointment. Did they deduct from your account before you picked a delivery appointment?
Ah. That could be. Though I wasn’t asked to pay until I had set up the delivery appointment, so for me it was the same thing.

Ah, so perhaps my tow package is part of what bumped me back to July, the longest EDD I have every had. Considering the new battery. It seems from this thread that some are shipping, and will require update later, but maybe the tow package issue is a part of why the big bump later? I guess who knows.

Ah, so perhaps my tow package is part of what bumped me back to July, the longest EDD I have every had. Considering the new battery. It seems from this thread that some are shipping, and will require update later, but maybe the tow package issue is a part of why the big bump later? I guess who knows.
Or it could be Austin related (i.e. your delivery is coming from Austin). I have a tow package order with EDD 1/11-1/25. Yes I am within an hour of the factory which has something to do with it but they aren't delaying all tow orders.

I also have the tow package and was bumped back to june so that can be a thing. But they could have just as easially added a standard battery for the tow packaged cars ( unless there are no more lead acids going in)

I also have the tow package and was bumped back to june so that can be a thing. But they could have just as easially added a standard battery for the tow packaged cars ( unless there are no more lead acids going in)
I was bumped to late Jan through Feb with a tow package, so who knows what Tesla is doing….

Idaho orders come from Austin? Do we know that? I kinda figured it was closest to the West coast.
Unlikely.
Especially since Austin will only be making 250 cars per week for 2-3 months and ramping at a moderate pace.
Far more likely is shipments initially serving South and Central America as Austin gets integrated to Tesla North American logistics.

Tesla does what's best for Tesla first.

My other car is hybrid (honda accord). Apparently hybrids are more gentle on batteries, because I'm still using the factory-installed from 2014.

Things must've changed with Honda as late model Honda 12v batteries are undersized and known to die even before the 3yr/36k mile warranty even though the Honda OEM battery says 100k mile. Honda will replace it only once and that's even with a Hondacare extended warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: shmonoff
Ah. That could be. Though I wasn’t asked to pay until I had set up the delivery appointment, so for me it was the same thing.
Same with me. I have a VIN, but my ability to pay is still inactive. In fact, it says they're still building my car, but I don't believe it. I know at least one other 354 VIN was built on the 6th; I think in reality mine is in transit.

Reactions: PatrickTM
So just as I was writing that, things changed. Was offered a delivery window of 20 -22 and set up delivery for 1:30 on the 22nd. Now my 'complete payment' tab is active; the 'sign documents' and accept delivery terms tabs are still inactive. I assume when I make payment I'll get the opportunity to sign the documents, then when I do that accept the delivery terms.

So it hit my EDD perfectly, and it's still the same VIN assigned to me last week. So all seems to be rolling along well so far.

So just as I was writing that, things changed. Was offered a delivery window of 20 -22 and set up delivery for 1:30 on the 22nd. Now my 'complete payment' tab is active; the 'sign documents' and accept delivery terms tabs are still inactive. I assume when I make payment I'll get the opportunity to sign the documents, then when I do that accept the delivery terms.

So it hit my EDD perfectly, and it's still the same VIN assigned to me last week. So all seems to be rolling along well so far.
I got the Blue Button on Wednesday last week, pressed it on Friday, got a VIN on Sunday with scheduled delivery this Wednesday 1/12/22.

I was advised by my SA (who has been very helpful thruout) to pay at time of acceptance - just in case there's a delivery delay or something amiss with the car.

My SA said he's not seen one rejected in quite a while, which was my 'what-if' question to him.
I have a Certified Check coming to me. I'll hand it over once inspection is completed.

Reactions: PatrickTM and Wigan
I got the Blue Button on Wednesday last week, pressed it on Friday, got a VIN on Sunday with scheduled delivery this Wednesday 1/12/22.

I was advised by my SA (who has been very helpful thruout) to pay at time of acceptance - just in case there's a delivery delay or something amiss with the car.

My SA said he's not seen one rejected in quite a while, which was my 'what-if' question to him.
I have a Certified Check coming to me. I'll hand it over once inspection is completed.
Honestly, I think I'm just going to pay before I go. I'd have to drive about an hour to get a cashier's check and I'm just not that worried about it. I'm not going to reject the car; if there are any issues I'll note them at the time and set up an appointment. I just want to eliminate as many last minute 'Oopsies' as possible.

Did it affect the name you would give to the car? :)
Just “Tesla”. We currently have 2 Lexus SUV’s. One is called Hybrid, the other Rx. if we get a second Tesla, it will be the red Tesla or new Tesla. We recycle cars every 4 years. These cars get new names when sent to CA, such as grandpa’s Acura or dad’s Acura or mom’s Lexus by the grandkids.
I am open to suggestions though. Lucifer?

Reactions: Wigan