Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On February 1 I, for the first time, entered into the 1 month window during which I would get my Tesla Model Y (Feb 1 - March 1). A significant milestone and exciting euphoria that I was able to enjoy for 24 hours until the morning of Feb 2 when it updated to a window of Feb 15 - March 15 😣😖😫
Better to have Windowed and lost then to never have windowed at all...

Folks who have picked up this year, can you check and see if you have games that require controller in your Arcade (sonic, cupbead) and if your front usb-c ports work?
Picked up last week and noticed I was missing about 5 games. Figured they’ll come in on next update. Then I plugged in a controller last night and nothing. Plugged in my phone too, nothing in any of the ports.
Did some sears this morning and found out they took data ability from the front ports and they are now charging only and so games requiring controllers are no longer included.
Apparently, even the manual has been updated to say vehicles after 11/1 are charging ports only and not data ports.

This sucks. What’s the point of all the Ian ports if you can’t use them for data except the one in the glovebox.
My wife’s 21 MY is better than my 22 MY. It has more useful features than mine. Only plus mine has is the Ryzen chip but what’s the use when I can’t even play games that would take advantage of it.
Waiting to see what service says.

Folks who have picked up this year, can you check and see if you have games that require controller in your Arcade (sonic, cupbead) and if your front usb-c ports work?
Picked up last week and noticed I was missing about 5 games. Figured they’ll come in on next update. Then I plugged in a controller last night and nothing. Plugged in my phone too, nothing in any of the ports.
Did some sears this morning and found out they took data ability from the front ports and they are now charging only and so games requiring controllers are no longer included.
Apparently, even the manual has been updated to say vehicles after 11/1 are charging ports only and not data ports.

This sucks. What’s the point of all the Ian ports if you can’t use them for data except the one in the glovebox.
My wife’s 21 MY is better than my 22 MY. It has more useful features than mine. Only plus mine has is the Ryzen chip but what’s the use when I can’t even play games that would take advantage of it.
You can buy missing part online and install yourself. Unfortunately it won’t give you games.

You can buy missing part online and install yourself. Unfortunately it won’t give you games.
During my research, I saw a post showing the part but the poster said tesla will not sell the usb hub with data, they only sell the one without data. I don’t mind not having data if they will retrofit but it would suck if that’s not an option. There are 2 wireless charging mats in the front already, how many more charging options do we need?
Funny thing, the sticker that lists the options says my car comes with 6 usb c ports but I can only find 4. My wife’s sticker from September says 4 usb c ports. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: PatrickTM
During my research, I saw a post showing the part but the poster said tesla will not sell the usb hub with data, they only sell the one without data. I don’t mind not having data if they will retrofit but it would suck if that’s not an option. There are 2 wireless charging mats in the front already, how many more charging options do we need?
Funny thing, the sticker that lists the options says my car comes with 6 usb c ports but I can only find 4. My wife’s sticker from September says 4 usb c ports. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I wasn’t talking about buying from Tesla, 3rd party.

people have mentioned that 3rd party hub don’t work either and if the ports aren’t enabled for data transfer, a 3rd party hub won’t enable it either.
If you’ve aware of someone being able to get it to work via a 3rd party hub, please share.
People have had to use the port in the glovebox for sentry mode since that’s the only one enabled for data

people have mentioned that 3rd party hub don’t work either and if the ports aren’t enabled for data transfer, a 3rd party hub won’t enable it either.
If you’ve aware of someone being able to get it to work via a 3rd party hub, please share.
People have had to use the port in the glovebox for sentry mode since that’s the only one enabled for data
They have 3rd party usb modules that restore data. See the thread below.
Also here are links to two vendors selling them.

For those of you frustrated by the lack of data capability in your model 3 or Y, a solution has arrived.

Using a link found in this thread, I was alerted about a replacement data module on Ali express. I corresponded with the company in China, and although they were able to demonstrate it’s successful implementation on a MIC model Y, they could not assure me it would work in a Fremont assembled American made unit. Seemed too risky for me to fork over $160 for the experiment.

I next corresponded with Abstract Ocean, a well-regarded American third party after market Tesla reseller. I was able to reach the CEO, Pete, who took an interest in the product, ordered it from one of his suppliers in China, and tested it on his data enabled Tesla. It worked. He then reached out to me, sent me the parts and asked me to install it in my neutered 2022 Model Y. I am happy to report it works successfully and there was an orphaned and functioning data cable in my console.

View attachment 761569
Here is the module
View attachment 761570
This is the successful opening of the console using the supplied tool.View attachment 761581here is the orphaned cable.View attachment 761582

new module installed
View attachment 761589
Old and new module side by side. Note addition of data port.

View attachment 761590
Here are the two cables plugged in before I reattached it to the console panel wall.

I was able to pop the console wall back in place and it is undetectable.

usb music works. Wireless gaming with a dongle or wired gaming works.

here is a link to purchase from Abstract Ocean. Send your thanks to Pete for making this happen! He is sourcing modules from China and has established a waiting list. Not sure about price yet, but he guesses it will be in the $130 range, although he’s going to start by discounting them for less to the early ordering customers.

USB-C Upgrade Module

Be aware that Tesla could inactivate this cable via software if they wish. Also, this doesn’t restore Sonic or Cuphead. That appears to be VIN enabled. We need to figure out how to get this enabled too. Someone please figure this out.

I’m somewhat good with my hands, so not easily intimidated. However, I would rate this install as slightly harder than easy, but less than difficult. As long as you are patient, you can do this.

They have 3rd party usb modules that restore data. See the thread below.
Also here are links to two vendors selling them.

Oh nice. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely be stalking these for when they come in stock.
Now if only tesla will install the missing games.

Reactions: PatrickTM

What features does your wife's have that yours doesn't? Aside from the speaker delete, what's lacking?

The new stuff is the AMD Ryzen vs Intel Atom, heated wheel/wipers, AS tires on the MYP, updated center console (made its way to some 21s, not all), new lov voltage battery and possibly dual pane glass. I didn't realize anything was removed!

What features does your wife's have that yours doesn't? Aside from the speaker delete, what's lacking?

The new stuff is the AMD Ryzen vs Intel Atom, heated wheel/wipers, AS tires on the MYP, updated center console (made its way to some 21s, not all), new lov voltage battery and possibly dual pane glass. I didn't realize anything was removed!
center speaker was removed as well