Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is supposed to have more range at 330 vs hers at 326 but mine has less epa fuel economy and less saving over 5 years compared to hers.
I know epa ratings don’t mean much but it was just interesting that I supposedly will be saving less in fuel cost with more range. Maybe their calculating price of gas came down.

2022 on top, 2021 below.

View attachment 766190
Your battery is also larger. Less efficient can still have more range with a bigger battery.

Mine is supposed to have more range at 330 vs hers at 326 but mine has less epa fuel economy and less saving over 5 years compared to hers.
I know epa ratings don’t mean much but it was just interesting that I supposedly will be saving less in fuel cost with more range. Maybe their calculating price of gas came down.

2022 on top, 2021 below.

Your car does have the Ryzen which does take more power, so it does make sense that yours is less efficient . Also they added that extra 4 miles of range later so her sticker doesn't show it but she is getting it

Your car does have the Ryzen which does take more power, so it does make sense that yours is less efficient . Also they added that extra 4 miles of range later so her sticker doesn't show it but she is getting it
Ahhh. Make sense.

Well, if anyone discovers the 2 extra USB ports in a MYLR5, please let me know.

That’s what the sticker says. The one on top is my 2022 MY and the one below is her 2021 MY.
Mine says 6 USB ports but I only see 2. Hers says 4 USB ports but they both say lithium ion battery.

View attachment 766189
Yes both of you have li-ion batteries. They are talking about main battery. Google for Model Y Monroney. Pick something that surely can’t have li-ion aux battery. See what it says.

I don’t understand the math behind the claim that Ryzen somehow has appreciable impact on range. What is its average power consumption compared to Atom? Especially while doing the same work as Atom.

I don’t understand the math behind the claim that Ryzen somehow has appreciable impact on range. What is its average power consumption compared to Atom? Especially while doing the same work as Atom.
AMD Ryzen Affects The Range Of New Tesla Cars

I think they were able to unlock some the MY's larger battery to compensate any lost range but the loss of effificency is still there

I think they were able to unlock some the MY's larger battery to compensate any lost range but the loss of effificency is still there
I have seen that article but I just don’t see how moving from Atom to Ryzen would have appreciable impact on EPA range. Say it consumed 30w more on average (unlikely when by default it is not doing very cpu intensive work), that is still 30wh. At that rate you have to drive 10 hours before losing even 1 mile of range.

I have seen that article but I just don’t see how moving from Atom to Ryzen would have appreciable impact on EPA range. Say it consumed 30w more on average (unlikely when by default it is not doing very cpu intensive work), that is still 30wh. At that rate you have to drive 10 hours before losing even 1 mile of range.
I'm with you, I don't get it either, but that's straight from Tesla. They sent a warning out to some Australian customers stating exactly that and even revised down their European range estimates.

I haven't taken delivery of mine, but from what I've read here, it sounds like Tesla needs to revise all of them down a bit.... I've got a serious problem with how rosy these estimates are. I wish they'd just ditch the current testing and move to real world track testing MPGe rated at highway and city, with highway being a combination of 55-65-70 at a standardized temperature/atmospheric conditions.

Reactions: leaftoy

This is the first time I have read this theory. Interesting, but why do it here and not in the Australian MIC cars where they apparently had to adjust the ranges? Have they already maxxed out the MIC batteries so there is no buffer? Feels like a stretch.
Not a single explanation I have read actually accounts for the range loss. Everyone who insists this is a thing comes up with hypothetical guesstimates, but there's no actual explanation, watt per watt, of the range loss.

The math just don't add up. :D

Been waiting for you and @boingolover to get your VINs. I feel like y’all are the remaining folks from when I joined the thread last year.
@boingolover received a VIN and took delivery in November. And...I'm still here but scheduled to take delivery (finally) on Saturday.

That’s what the sticker says. The one on top is my 2022 MY and the one below is her 2021 MY.
Mine says 6 USB ports but I only see 2. Hers says 4 USB ports but they both say lithium ion battery.

View attachment 766189
You only see 2 or you are missing 2?
You should have 5 USB ports: 2 in your front center console and 2 under the vents to the back seats (USB-A). Then there should be one in your glove compartment (USB-C, should be a stick in there for sentry). You also should have two auxiliary plugs (cigarette lighters), one in the rear center console (under the armrest) and one in the trunk under the buttons to lay the seats flat.

You only see 2 or you are missing 2?
You should have 5 USB ports: 2 in your front center console and 2 under the vents to the back seats (USB-A). Then there should be one in your glove compartment (USB-C, should be a stick in there for sentry). You also should have two auxiliary plugs (cigarette lighters), one in the rear center console (under the armrest) and one in the trunk under the buttons to lay the seats flat.
If I recall correctly, all the power supply USB ports have been upgraded to USB-C now. Fortunately USB-C power cables are very commonplace, as are USB-C / USB-A adapters. Note that Tesla USB-C power supply ports do not actually supply USB-C fast charging speeds, they're just slow chargers.

Total five USB ports: four power supply ports are USB-C (front center console x2, rear seat x2), and only one USB-A which is the data port in the glove compartment (USB-A w/ flash drive for Sentry/Cam).

If I recall correctly, all the power supply USB ports have been upgraded to USB-C now. Fortunately USB-C power cables are very commonplace, as are USB-C / USB-A adapters. Note that Tesla USB-C power supply ports do not actually supply USB-C fast charging speeds, they're just slow chargers.

Total five USB ports: four power supply ports are USB-C (front center console x2, rear seat x2), and only one USB-A which is the data port in the glove compartment (USB-A w/ flash drive for Sentry/Cam).
I am not sure what I was thinking at the time...but I had everything reversed...so yes, this is what I meant..USB A in the glovebox, C everywhere else. This wait time for delivery must be messing with my brain.

I am not sure what I was thinking at the time...but I had everything reversed...so yes, this is what I meant..USB A in the glovebox, C everywhere else. This wait time for delivery must be messing with my brain.
Yeah, I totally get it! The final countdown is the longest wait. I think I now have all the accessories are good to go: floormats, cable holder, console organizer, frunk mat, trunk organizer.

Just need the damn 14-50 connector when that comes back in stock.

Financing is ready to go, insurance is quoted and ready to go ($330 for six months, whoohoo!), BOS to EWR plane ticket purchased!

Yeah, I totally get it! The final countdown is the longest wait. I think I now have all the accessories are good to go: floormats, cable holder, console organizer, frunk mat, trunk organizer.

Just need the damn 14-50 connector when that comes back in stock.

Financing is ready to go, insurance is quoted and ready to go ($330 for six months, whoohoo!), BOS to EWR plane ticket purchased!
I have a room full of accessories. My 11-year-old daughter wants to video everything because she has been watching all of the Tesla YouTube videos with me. She's almost as excited as I am. We will have to hold off for a week though because I am getting tint and PPF right after delivery (praying there are no significant panel gaps).

I have a room full of accessories. My 11-year-old daughter wants to video everything because she has been watching all of the Tesla YouTube videos with me. She's almost as excited as I am. We will have to hold off for a week though because I am getting tint and PPF right after delivery (praying there are no significant panel gaps).
I'm with you on the accessories bit - the wife just shakes her head when something new arrives lol. I've even got a set of 20" Martian's piled in the garage!