Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DrGriz @sids1234

Yup. For anyone who's followed my journey or has any interest: according to my phone logs, I had four phone calls with Tesla on Tuesday (Feb 8), two phone calls with Wednesday (Feb 9), seven (!) phone calls with Tesla Thursday (Feb 10), two phone calls with Tesla Friday (Feb 11). Text and emails back and forth throughout. The final communication was a Friday night text, confirming that my registration, tax exemption, and MVPA is all set and good to go.

I woke up at 4am Saturday morning, dragged my wife up to drive me to the airport, made it onto my 6am flight Boston to Newark. Wife was somewhat happy/excited to get me out the house and pick up the car, since it is going to be primarily her daily driver after all. Only saving grace of the whole day was getting bumped to first class because it was a 80% empty flight. Upon landing in Newark I got texts from a Tesla advisor that I'm missing docs. I kindly remind him to check his emails from the day prior as I signed and sent every form and...silence. I Uber'ed to the Tesla store and checked in around 9am. Front desk clerk said: uh, you are way too early for your 2pm appointment. I said yeah, but I need to make sure you guys get my paperwork right because minutes ago you were still asking for documents. He spoke to my Tesla advisor in the back office (my advisor did not come out to talk to me) and again confirmed yup, good to go. I said my final balance is unpaid because the sales tax line is still incorrect, he said it'll be done by 2pm.

I walk over to the Paramus Park Mall and listen to The Trojan Horse Affair podcast, join the mallwalkers, and twiddle my thumbs to burn time. Then my sister reaches out and we had lunch together and got to play with my little nephew. That was cool. Middle of ordering lunch (1pm), my Tesla advisor texts me and said nope, the car cannot be delivered today because his paperwork is not done. I stuff my face, finish my lunch, apologize to my relatives, and rudely rush away back to the Tesla store. Advisor explains that yup, he JUST submitted my file and the tax exemption but it won't work - it requires a legal and tax supervisor above and beyond what his manager onsite at Paramus is able to do, and therefore we gotta wait. The ticket is submitted, everything is correct based on his and his manager's review but considering it's Saturday afternoon, he expects Monday morning approval at the earliest. He can email that team to request an expedited review, but says he cannot physically call any specific individual to get this done, because it's in a ticket workflow system and it could be assigned to one of many people.

I explain that I've called/emailed/texted throughout the week so that this wouldn't happen. Internally, I think I knew in the back of my head this would happen, because I've heard horror stories of Tesla customer service. He apologized, I remained respectful, but said that while I understand that his power and our options are very limited, he's put me in a very stressful and unsatisfied situation. As a fan of Tesla who's looked forward to the big day, I was just very disappointed. He said his manager can reimburse me to stay in hotel for two nights, another round trip plane ticket, etc. but no loaner car. I will pay, he will submit receipts for reimbursement. We tentatively scheduled my delivery appointment for the upcoming Thursday so we have a few extra days to work out any potential roadblocks. My advisor showed me the car, let me sit/play with it, it was cool but honestly at that point I needed to get home, not play around. I've been up since 4am and I've wasted enough time. I ended up calling my sister who then drove me down the highway to a rental car and then I drove the 4 hours home back to Boston, planning my week/work/leave to drive back next Thursday.

Upon stepping out of the rental car in my driveway back in Boston, Tesla advisor text me saying well, guess what, the team did end up working late Saturday night and got the updated MVPA + tax exemption + vehicle registration paperwork done. On the one hand, great! On the other hand, f**king serious?! Okay, so I could've waited, but whatever. We made the decision based on the based information we had at the time with getting a rental car. It then also occurs to me, that when I first arrived Saturday morning 9am at Tesla, my advisor could have just submitted the paperwork then, and by 2pm the everything would've been done.

That was my day. $75 plane ticket, $56 Uber, and 15 hours of my Saturday down the drain. Yes, I'm also now actively paying insurance on the Model Y. It was exhausting and stressful but somehow I kept it together. At the end of all that, my Tesla account and app now shows the correct final balance for the first time ever. My Tesla advisor confirmed that he's still good with my Thursday appointment if I'm okay, or whatever any other day or time I want. I said Thursday is fine.

TLDR: Tesla procrastinated in doing their paperwork, my delivery appointment was pushed back five days, and caused me to waste some money and a lot of time.
That is horrible. Even worse than mine. And mine was horrible. Tesla delivery is complete crap.

Hello Folks, First post will be my delivery schedule. Order Date was 2/9 of my Model Y Performance and I currently have a "delivery date" of March 9 - March 31st. Seeing everyone have issues with their delivery time makes me a bit nervous though that I will be waiting a bit! Glad to be here though!

Hello Folks, First post will be my delivery schedule. Order Date was 2/9 of my Model Y Performance and I currently have a "delivery date" of March 9 - March 31st. Seeing everyone have issues with their delivery time makes me a bit nervous though that I will be waiting a bit! Glad to be here though!
MYP delivery not really in the same league of delivery time issues. They average about 6 weeks.

MYP delivery not really in the same league of delivery time issues. They average about 6 weeks.
I wouldn't say average, I am waiting on a red MYP since November 28th. has been about 12 weeks:( ordered it to stay happy while waiting for my X to show up by August 2022 but if this takes past March I will just cancel it and go with the Plaid S that seem to be in stock at my dealership every few weeks. My neighbor ordered 9 days after me, exact same spec MYP with red exterior and FSD. He also has heard nothing EXCEPT our local dealership told him if he pays cash Tesla will prioritize him, which hasn't been my experience or understanding in the past.

I wouldn't say average, I am waiting on a red MYP since November 28th. has been about 12 weeks:( ordered it to stay happy while waiting for my X to show up by August 2022 but if this takes past March I will just cancel it and go with the Plaid S that seem to be in stock at my dealership every few weeks. My neighbor ordered 9 days after me, exact same spec MYP with red exterior and FSD. He also has heard nothing EXCEPT our local dealership told him if he pays cash Tesla will prioritize him, which hasn't been my experience or understanding in the past.
Cash does not move the line , at least not for my LR

That is horrible. Even worse than mine. And mine was horrible. Tesla delivery is complete crap.
I just watched Ryan Shaw's latest video, and it seems the service department experience, let's just say is consistent with the delivery experience. He had some issues with a Model S Plaid interior trim needing replacement, made a service appointment, and arrived at to his service appointment before being told that they need to order parts and go ahead and make another appointment. It gave me flashbacks to my Saturday.

Reactions: dnstommy
I just watched Ryan Shaw's latest video, and it seems the service department experience, let's just say is consistent with the delivery experience. He had some issues with a Model S Plaid interior trim needing replacement, made a service appointment, and arrived at to his service appointment before being told that they need to order parts and go ahead and make another appointment. It gave me flashbacks to my Saturday.
For a tech company they are really really bad at using software. Salesforce is their platform and all of this can be handled. They just don't care. Cars sell no matter what. At some point that will end. Then finally we will see a change,

Yes, that happened to me. EDD moved backward to June after receiving trade in estimate but haven’t taken any action yet. After accepting the offer, EDD changed back to 2/25 - 3/25. Now my EDD is 3/4 - 3/18.
I may just stick with TBD for a bit until the whole Ryzen chip situation gets sorted out. I do not need the car at the moment so waiting a few weeks longer for the official retirement of Intel chips may be the best bet.

Reactions: afscotch
@PatrickTM I was hoping you would have your MY by now! I haven't been lurking as much lately and just driving my MY, but I can't believe after all this time and wait Tesla is dropping the ball.

I read the saga you went through over the weekend, hoping Thursday works out for you!

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM
I dropped VeNoM off for XPELing…
Completely different look come Thursday or Friday
9E9D4DBA-7271-4B65-8DC4-CD786E3A7C2D.jpeg

23920E26-CE80-48D6-8D37-0D1F98AFF31C.jpeg
DD138197-74B0-483B-9EAA-0D26EEB1AA94.jpeg
0A3AED88-3CF5-46D7-906E-7D09A096D5E5.jpeg

So yesterday I went back to Paramus for my second delivery attempt, Thursday 1pm appointment, in the rental car that I am expecting reimbursement on. Arrived at Budget/Avis around noon, and walked 30 mins to Tesla on Route 17. It was an unpleasant walk, had to use an overpass to cross the road, and there’s no sidewalks…but I’m young and spry and it was a rare (and disturbing from a climate perspective) 65 degree day in the middle of a northeast winter.

Just happened to meet my Tesla advisor whom I interacted with last week in the lot. He said I won’t be able to accept delivery in the app until a few minutes prior to my appointment, but he unlocked the car to let me inspect and play around, and sign paperwork. He also took my rental car receipt and said he will get reimbursement processed and corporate will send the check in a few week. I returned the paperwork, needed some assistance with the app to accept delivery, and was on my merry way. Note that they MESSED UP MY PAPERWORK AGAIN and failed to print the MVPA (needed for loan) for me to sign in the packet of paperwork. Fortunately it was completed through e-sign via email, but just a warning to everyone else, make sure you’re on top of your emails immediately following delivery.

Drove over to Paramus Park mall to get some free juice at their Volta station while I did a deep dive on software, menus, and full inspection. It was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Not a single paint flaw, panel gap (visual inspection only, I wasn’t measuring using instruments), rip/tear in seat, oil stain on headliner, nothing. Charge port was flush, head/tail lights flush, windshield flush, rear hatch was flush. I was so happy! Not a single service ticket was created. Car had exactly 16 miles on the odometer, included AMD Ryzen, and hepa + bioweapon defense mode. Spent about an hour playing and inspecting, then began the drive back to Boston. Did not get a single phantom braking incident the entire 250 miles. Occasionally shitty drivers will wonder between lanes, which causes autopilot to hesitate/avoid collision, but no phantom braking. Due to the unseasonably warm day, and lots of traffic, I did the full 250 miles home without charging, averaged about 220 wh/mi. Acceleration is extremely quick, which makes driving easy.

Some cons: steering is too sharp, ride is too harsh, and yes, as a car guy, I can say that driving feel is the most removed and isolating I’ve felt in any car. All this is subjective of course, and a price I’m willing to pay for a pure EV experience.

Final thoughts: awesome car and wife loves it as well! It seems to me Tesla Fremont is currently at the peak of production quality and have figured out how to assemble a car. We have both driven and ridden In Teslas many times before, so we had certain expectations. The quality of assembly was the pleasant surprise, as we both predicted I’d find stuff wrong and require service tickets. The delivery experience (express delivery, touch free delivery, whatever they call it) now means you will largely be left alone, which as someone who knows car and watches YouTube, is my preference. Not having a delivery advisor dedicated to working with you during your appointment means paperwork mistakes might be made, so be prepared for that. Also be prepared to know the basics of driving, watch the “Learn about your Tesla” series of videos at a minimum, because no one will teach you. If you don’t prepare just a little bit, you might not even know you had questions.

PS: NEMA 14-50 adapters for Gen 2 UMC is back in stock! As are All Weather Rear Cargo Liners :)

So yesterday I went back to Paramus for my second delivery attempt, Thursday 1pm appointment, in the rental car that I am expecting reimbursement on. Arrived at Budget/Avis around noon, and walked 30 mins to Tesla on Route 17. It was an unpleasant walk, had to use an overpass to cross the road, and there’s no sidewalks…but I’m young and spry and it was a rare (and disturbing from a climate perspective) 65 degree day in the middle of a northeast winter.

Just happened to meet my Tesla advisor whom I interacted with last week in the lot. He said I won’t be able to accept delivery in the app until a few minutes prior to my appointment, but he unlocked the car to let me inspect and play around, and sign paperwork. He also took my rental car receipt and said he will get reimbursement processed and corporate will send the check in a few week. I returned the paperwork, needed some assistance with the app to accept delivery, and was on my merry way. Note that they MESSED UP MY PAPERWORK AGAIN and failed to print the MVPA (needed for loan) for me to sign in the packet of paperwork. Fortunately it was completed through e-sign via email, but just a warning to everyone else, make sure you’re on top of your emails immediately following delivery.

Drove over to Paramus Park mall to get some free juice at their Volta station while I did a deep dive on software, menus, and full inspection. It was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Not a single paint flaw, panel gap (visual inspection only, I wasn’t measuring using instruments), rip/tear in seat, oil stain on headliner, nothing. Charge port was flush, head/tail lights flush, windshield flush, rear hatch was flush. I was so happy! Not a single service ticket was created. Car had exactly 16 miles on the odometer, included AMD Ryzen, and hepa + bioweapon defense mode. Spent about an hour playing and inspecting, then began the drive back to Boston. Did not get a single phantom braking incident the entire 250 miles. Occasionally shitty drivers will wonder between lanes, which causes autopilot to hesitate/avoid collision, but no phantom braking. Due to the unseasonably warm day, and lots of traffic, I did the full 250 miles home without charging, averaged about 220 wh/mi. Acceleration is extremely quick, which makes driving easy.

Some cons: steering is too sharp, ride is too harsh, and yes, as a car guy, I can say that driving feel is the most removed and isolating I’ve felt in any car. All this is subjective of course, and a price I’m willing to pay for a pure EV experience.

Final thoughts: awesome car and wife loves it as well! It seems to me Tesla Fremont is currently at the peak of production quality and have figured out how to assemble a car. We have both driven and ridden In Teslas many times before, so we had certain expectations. The quality of assembly was the pleasant surprise, as we both predicted I’d find stuff wrong and require service tickets. The delivery experience (express delivery, touch free delivery, whatever they call it) now means you will largely be left alone, which as someone who knows car and watches YouTube, is my preference. Not having a delivery advisor dedicated to working with you during your appointment means paperwork mistakes might be made, so be prepared for that. Also be prepared to know the basics of driving, watch the “Learn about your Tesla” series of videos at a minimum, because no one will teach you. If you don’t prepare just a little bit, you might not even know you had questions.

PS: NEMA 14-50 adapters for Gen 2 UMC is back in stock! As are All Weather Rear Cargo Liners :)
So glad it finally worked out! Congrats and prepare to pay the picture tax :)

Finally!! Congratulations...on the steering being too sharp, did you try the different steering modes? They have comfort, standard and sport. You may find you can remove this or at least update it, as a con. Congrats again...and we expect a picture or three.

So glad it finally worked out! Congrats and prepare to pay the picture tax :)
Ah, yes, of course!!!

I also plan on staying in this thread for a while. One, to pontificate thoughts and advice to those open enough to listen. You guys are my fake internet friends after all. And two, to share my delivery updates on my second Model Y, currently slated for some time in May.

Attachments

• 9E56B1B5-4F47-43B3-9E71-B11FA3E70F30.jpeg
    9E56B1B5-4F47-43B3-9E71-B11FA3E70F30.jpeg
    599.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 93453CFD-4EEE-4E86-BB1B-AAAD367B7FD7.jpeg
    93453CFD-4EEE-4E86-BB1B-AAAD367B7FD7.jpeg
    594.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 48D31D64-C907-4205-AA89-6A14DF583AF9.jpeg
    48D31D64-C907-4205-AA89-6A14DF583AF9.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 70
  • B3AA0C2F-A69C-4E25-8672-213C3F501698.jpeg
    B3AA0C2F-A69C-4E25-8672-213C3F501698.jpeg