Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will probably take them all of 5 minutes. It's possible the clips are present, they friction fit against tabs on the trim piece itself, and the clips then fit into slots in the console. But it has to be lined up in just one way, and it's a lot easier to see if you pop both sides loose and look at how it's made. I am not encouraging you to do this, because Tesla should make it right, but depending on how far out your service appointment is and how impatient you are, I suspect there's at least a chance all the clips are there. Assuming that's true, it's probably just a matter of getting the pieces lined up and pushing them into place.
Yup, that sounds about right, and I will most likely wait for the service tech. But also it's the top piece with the air vent and the USB ports that is loose, the bottom panel is secure. Either way, most likely secured via same method.

They use a trim removal tool like the one supplied for S3XY buttons to take it off.

1645877822201.png

almost same conf, except I have hitch and placed the order one month after you. EDD changed to mid July and that will be a year of waiting. Darn, this is insane and overwhelming. Not sure if I would order this car if I knew how long the wait would be.
That is crazy. I hope it is not the case with us, because I agree I wouldn't have ordered had I known this beforehand.

Reactions: VK Red MYLR
almost same conf, except I have hitch and placed the order one month after you. EDD changed to mid July and that will be a year of waiting. Darn, this is insane and overwhelming. Not sure if I would order this car if I knew how long the wait would be.
You may have answered this already, but did the payment change on 10/20 push you back as if you had just ordered on 10/20?

You may have answered this already, but did the payment change on 10/20 push you back as if you had just ordered on 10/20
When i placed the order in august I knew nothing about this forum and did everything by myself (no SA of any kind). So, on 8/13 i selected financing as a payment option (aka loan application). But I didn't know that it had expiration date. I realized it only 2 month later (some time in October) and this is why/when I changed payment option to cash. Based on my conversations online and at a local sales center (I trust that team), I was assured there was no impact to my estimated delivery date. My first closest delivery date was Dec 15-30, but I was out of country and believe the car was reassigned to the next in mine.

And there is always a 'but'.

In October one of my friends ordered a car (same conf as mine, except color) and got a VIN assigned this morning (Fremont).

Reactions: BGOwner and Nordo
I placed an order for MYLR on Oct 5. My EDD changed so much and I need a car now, so I contacted a local SA, and they are able to match me with a MYP. I know it's more expensive, but I need another car anyway. So I received a VIN yesterday for a MYP (it looks like someone refused delivery). I am looking forward to drive my new MYP. Schedule for delivery page is not open yet, may be the car is still in transit. Hoping there is no issue, I am without a car and need one ASAP. Vin 7SAYGDEF9NF390xxx - SA said it's with AMD and all the new upgrades. Just wondering, if anyone received a MYP lately with Intel Atom.

I placed an order for MYLR on Oct 5. My EDD changed so much and I need a car now, so I contacted a local SA, and they are able to match me with a MYP. I know it's more expensive, but I need another car anyway. So I received a VIN yesterday for a MYP (it looks like someone refused delivery). I am looking forward to drive my new MYP. Schedule for delivery page is not open yet, may be the car is still in transit. Hoping there is no issue, I am without a car and need one ASAP. Vin 7SAYGDEF9NF390xxx - SA said it's with AMD and all the new upgrades. Just wondering, if anyone received a MYP lately with Intel Atom.

So did you loose your referal miles, the 1 year of connect as well as the cost differential for a MYP compared to OCT ?

Reactions: samori01
When i placed the order in august I knew nothing about this forum and did everything by myself (no SA of any kind). So, on 8/13 i selected financing as a payment option (aka loan application). But I didn't know that it had expiration date. I realized it only 2 month later (some time in October) and this is why/when I changed payment option to cash. Based on my conversations online and at a local sales center (I trust that team), I was assured there was no impact to my estimated delivery date. My first closest delivery date was Dec 15-30, but I was out of country and believe the car was reassigned to the next in mine.

And there is always a 'but'.

In October one of my friends ordered a car (same conf as mine, except color) and got a VIN assigned this morning (Fremont).
Similar story. Realized in October that I need to take a couple of steps before being in queue.

My closest date was Nov 19 of 2021. But now, lets hope, that it comes by May atleast.

Update on the Model Y, I have now discovered one defect. Fit and finish issue, as expected. Basically the rear side of the center console, faceplate of the rear air vent and USB ports, is not attached correctly on one side and works itself loose while driving. The driver side is secure, but the passenger side is not. Feels like it's missing some type of clip fastener or glue from the factory. Submitted a service request ticket, which I expect to be covered under warranty.

Attached a photo for reference, will update on my progress.
So, Patrick, did you get this fixed? For others, there are 5 clips that have to be pressed into place. Taking this off involves slipping a dull blade (table knife would work, maybe a stout plastic knife would be better) and prying. Replacing is just a snap back.

20220228_134043.jpg

Aha! Bingo. Thank you for that info, so it should be a very easy fix for the mobile service technician. They must carry extra trim clips.
What is crazy about that, is when I picked up my MYLR, the piece that is broken in your car, I had an extra one just sitting in the trunk.

So, Patrick, did you get this fixed? For others, there are 5 clips that have to be pressed into place. Taking this off involves slipping a dull blade (table knife would work, maybe a stout plastic knife would be better) and prying. Replacing is just a snap back.

View attachment 775308
Nice, good to know! I have an appointment scheduled for mobile service on March 9, currently the car is in the shop for frontal PPF. I didn’t intend on getting PPF, just tint, but damn they’re good salesmen.

I mentioned this in a previous post (Current Delivery Times) but the piece that’s loose on mine is the panel immediately above it. It’s the panel that also houses the USB ports and rear air vents. I did not pry too much, because it actually contains ductwork, and I didn’t want to mess with it considering this is (should be) a warranty fix.

On another note, for those that followed my adventures taking delivery, my check came in the mail from Tesla Fremont for the $217 for five days of rental car reimbursement. As per the usual Tesla style of doing business, there was zero communication but they got it done in the end.

For those who did not follow my adventures taking delivery, I talked to multiple Tesla advisors the week prior to delivery to ensure everything was all set, flew to the delivery appointment (~250 miles), to find my delivery advisor having royally procrastinated on paperwork, and it became apparent that I would not be able to take delivery that day. Tesla offered to reimburse me to either stay in a hotel over the weekend and wait for Tesla to do their job, or travel home and come back another day. I decided to go drive home in a rental because I flew out there with no luggage/extra cloths/supplies/toiletries, just the clothes on my back and my wallet. This was the rental reimbursement check, which arrived 12 days later. Next up is license plates and the center console fix and my delivery adventures should finally come to a happy end!

Despite me being still very, very salty about my delivery experience, I guess I should add the obligatory: yes, the car is lovely, you’ll love it, it’s worth the hassle, etc.

Nice, good to know! I have an appointment scheduled for mobile service on March 9, currently the car is in the shop for frontal PPF. I didn’t intend on getting PPF, just tint, but damn they’re good salesmen.

I mentioned this in a previous post (Current Delivery Times) but the piece that’s loose on mine is the panel immediately above it. It’s the panel that also houses the USB ports and rear air vents. I did not pry too much, because it actually contains ductwork, and I didn’t want to mess with it considering this is (should be) a warranty fix.
Gotcha. Didn't catch that.

Reactions: PatrickTM