Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Owners, Were your Estimated Delivery Dates Changed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see plenty of non-owners, including me, having their delivery dates moved an entire quarter or more depending on configuration. I haven't seen any posts from owners announcing their change in delivery dates. I became an owner of a private party S (bought from a forum member this weekend) so as soon as I receive the registration from CA I intend to change my status to that of an owner and see how it impacts my day 2 2016 reservation.

I took delivery back in December, yet I can still view my delivery estimate.

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 12.39.53 AM.png

I think mine slipped one month and the car was delivered at the very end of the revised window. So I had originally hoped for Christmas and instead got 1/31. Not bad but of course no consolation for the angry horde still waiting.

It seems that anyone (owners & non-owners) with an estimated delivery date of Dec-Feb was changed to Mar-May. Were there any (particularly owners) with a change from Dec-Feb to Feb-Apr?

If there are no Feb-Apr estimated delivery dates, is Tesla taking a breather (i.e., reducing production rate) for a bit to bring in the tooling from Germany that they mentioned on the call? This seems somewhat reasonable from a production perspective since they would be limited in the ability to continue ramping production until the new tooling is in-place.

I'm a owner who reserved Dec 18th of 2017. I'm looking to get First Production LR + PUP.

Still says "Late 2018" for all my options. Even though they should be opening LR + PUP to me within a few weeks if estimates are correct.
It seems that anyone (owners & non-owners) with an estimated delivery date of Dec-Feb was changed to Mar-May. Were there any (particularly owners) with a change from Dec-Feb to Feb-Apr?

If there are no Feb-Apr estimated delivery dates, is Tesla taking a breather (i.e., reducing production rate) for a bit to bring in the tooling from Germany that they mentioned on the call? This seems somewhat reasonable from a production perspective since they would be limited in the ability to continue ramping production until the new tooling is in-place.
this also makes sense since those who have invites but deferred are being told now 4-6 delivery window instead of 4 weeks.

Reactions: Kipp
Ours was adjusted too. If the batteries hadn't been an issue, am sure we would have been in the next invite batch (August 2017 reservation). Now I'm guessing we'll be invited in March unless a lot of people who deferred First Production come back and order or there's more of a delay with the batteries although they seemed pretty confident the new automatic equipment works as promised but just needs to now get moved over here from Germany.

Here's our timeline:
First Production -- was Dec-Feb 2018 ---> now March-May 2018
Standard -- was Mid 2018 ---> now Early 2019
AWD -- was Aug-Oct 2018 ---> now Late 2018 (guess that means Nov-Dec?)

My Day 1 in-store reservation for SR has moved from (Dec 2017-Feb 2018) to (Mar - Jun 2018) to mid-2018 to late-2018. Based on a 500,000 car pre-order backlog and 5000 cars per week at peak production, that's 100 weeks of production. That's 2 years folks!!! 2 years to satisfy the last open preorder, if they still have 500,000 orders by then. That is Q2 of 2020 if there are no more snafus.

I can't say how disappointed I am. So frustrated that I reached out to my Jaguar dealer for an I-PACE. 220 mile range, 4-sec acceleration but no pricing. I hope they are competitive.