Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current S60 owners - how’s battery/ supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has done that as well. Service center asked me to drive to almost 0% and then charge to a 100% and let it be on the charger afterwards for at least 5 hours. If necessary repeat it three times. Then the BMS could reset or something. It has worked for mine, it charges to 100% now again..

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
I have a 2014 classic S60, just 50k miles, range is down to 168 miles (211 UK rated) ! :( ... yet Tesla says My battery is fine !

Same boat here. '14 S 60 with 47k miles. Charged yesterday to 100% for short road trip and only had 169 rated range. Had to drive more carefully on a menial 61-mile round trip (given some elevation change and ~40 degree F temps) than I have had to in the past.

Yes, but I will not. I bought this car to keep it a long time, and I will do that. I've bought a Hyundai Kona electric for langer distances. 300miles is no problem with only 64kW.. But it is stupid that I have to take a much cheaper car if I need to drive longer distances.
I hope that someone will eventually come up with some kind of jailbroken/rooted software for the Tesla, and that I can fit a used 85 or 100 battery pack.. Maybe dualboot :) So I can boot the orignal file and still be able to supercharge for free..

Yes, but I will not. I bought this car to keep it a long time, and I will do that. I've bought a Hyundai Kona electric for langer distances. 300miles is no problem with only 64kW.. But it is stupid that I have to take a much cheaper car if I need to drive longer distances.
I hope that someone will eventually come up with some kind of jailbroken/rooted software for the Tesla, and that I can fit a used 85 or 100 battery pack.. Maybe dualboot :) So I can boot the orignal file and still be able to supercharge for free..

I agree. I love the car that I originally bought.

Reactions: one-ten
When I purchased the car July 3. 2019, 100% charge was 208 rated or 211 ideal.. about a year later it was 178 miles rated. Now since it's cold out it charges to a maximum of 171 (rated).. Quickest I seen it supercharge was 60kw then tapered down... This was at around 35% charge and at a V3 supercharger I've never used before. Usually I hit up a V2 one.... I don't think that should have made a difference..

Reactions: one-ten
Question. How are you guys doing with vampire drain? I am pretty ok with my range, but vampire drain seems more worrisome to me. I just went on a 3-week trip overseas and had to leave the car at a parking structure for the duration, of course, unplugged.

When I returned, the car only had 2% battery left (it started probably at 85%, since I had to drive from my charger to the structure). I was able to get to a charger nearby, but this does not seem normal.

I had turned off cabin overheat prevention, by the way, and in any case, the place was not particularly hot or cold.

Question. How are you guys doing with vampire drain? I am pretty ok with my range, but vampire drain seems more worrisome to me. I just went on a 3-week trip overseas and had to leave the car at a parking structure for the duration, of course, unplugged.

When I returned, the car only had 2% battery left (it started probably at 85%, since I had to drive from my charger to the structure). I was able to get to a charger nearby, but this does not seem normal.

I had turned off cabin overheat prevention, by the way, and in any case, the place was not particularly hot or cold.
It seems indeed high.
Do you still have MCU1? If so, check the power management: Energy saving "on" and uncheck the always connected option. That did help quite a bit with my car when I had MCU1.
1639411010602.png

If you have MCU2 (like I now have), those settings have been removed and can't be controlled. Feels actually like the energy mode is always on and "always connected" is off, which is not ideal and could cause more vampire drain.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
Thanks for your reply! And very good point. Actually, I had upgraded to MCU2 right before the trip. It might be related.

My battery is still under warranty until late September. I am going to keep a daily log to see what the average drain is.

It seems indeed high.
Do you still have MCU1? If so, check the power management: Energy saving "on" and uncheck the always connected option. That did help quite a bit with my car when I had MCU1.
View attachment 743803
If you have MCU2 (like I now have), those settings have been removed and can't be controlled. Feels actually like the energy mode is always on and "always connected" is off, which is not ideal and could cause more vampire drain.