Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current service plan - current prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took out a service plan just over a month ago but at the time was told that the service plans were under review.

Tesla don't seem to publicly list the service plan costs anymore, they are just shown in My Tesla. But because I took out a plan, I can't see the current prices.

I just wondered if anyone has current prices (ideally for dual motor, Model S), to see if anything has changed.

Thanks

My Model X 75D is currently showing 3-year plan £1800, 4-year plan £2675

Does anyone know the current individual service costs so I can work out the saving? I'm sure they used to list those in the table and the saving was minimal (something stupid like £50 IIRC)

I've just logged into My Tesla and there's nothing there about maintenance or servicing at all - apart from seeing that I have a service booked in for next month and to schedule one. I'll drop my SC an email....

I still find the service prices completely indefensible, but Tesla employees always trot out the same line about 'servicing isn't a profit centre'.

If they include all the re-work due to manufacturing errors then yes, I guess it isn't, but if they can't make money on a normal annual service at those prices they are doing something badly wrong...

Reactions: .jg.
I still find the service prices completely indefensible, but Tesla employees always trot out the same line about 'servicing isn't a profit centre'.

If they include all the re-work due to manufacturing errors then yes, I guess it isn't, but if they can't make money on a normal annual service at those prices they are doing something badly wrong...

But it's a totally different business model to a normal franchised dealership. Obviously everything has to be paid for out of car sales profit and service costs. None of the usual sales commission and other add-ons that traditional franchises play with. Plus all the servicing infrastructure is a relatively recent major capex. I'm hoping with increased EV competition on the horizon that servicing costs will eventually be forced down. That's why I've pretty much decided not to take the current servicing plan. That and the saving is not very tempting.

I presume those are S prices, as otherwise it would be cheaper than taking the pre-payment plan.

Yes they are. I didn’t bother with the service plan either. I’m not convinced I’ll have the car long enough to cover the 4 services, and wasn’t convinced about the ability to switch the remainder to a new car.

I'm not on finance, so not obliged to service at manufacturers interval ... so it gets done slightly less than annually at about 30K intervals. Warranty not effected by this (but finance usually insists ...)

Yes, finance small print says serviced in line with manufacturers recommendation. Doesn’t have to be Tesla but I place a value (rightly or wrongly) on the pre warranty proactive nature of the service. I look at it is an insurance policy to be able to hand it back at the end of the period should the worst come to the worst.

It may be wishful thinking but a facelift AP2 with lifetime Supercharging and no VED may actually be worth something. One careful owner ;).

I found the PDF when I purchased the maintenance plan and it actually lists the prices for all vehicles.
Copying here for reference:

3-year maintenance plan
Model S Rear Wheel Drive: £1,500
Model S All-Wheel Drive: £1,575
Model X All-Wheel Drive: £1,800

4-year maintenance plan
Model S Rear Wheel Drive: £2,250
Model S All-Wheel Drive: £2,325
Model X All-Wheel Drive: £2,675

So the last item matches what @Peteski saw.

@DJP31's Service centre info for a Model S:

1 year / 12.5k - £525
2 year / 25k - £700
3 year / 37.5k - £450
4 year / 50k - £ 825

So years 1-3 = £1675, years 1-4 = £2500

Assuming they are for AWD, then 3-year plan is £100 cheaper than individual services, 4-year plan is £175 cheaper.
(3-year plan + individual 4th year service = £2400.)

Assuming they are for AWD, then 3-year plan is £100 cheaper than individual services, 4-year plan is £175 cheaper.
(3-year plan + individual 4th year service = £2400.)

Yeah, £100 saving is the kind of figure I remember. So I'm not bothering with a service plan to save £33 a year!

I've just booked my car in for its first 12500 mile service (it's on a Tesla finance PCP so I don't have a choice) and the next available local Service Centre slot is 4th December, so I'm likely to go around 1500 miles over the mileage limit. In the small print it talks about servicing within 1K miles of the 12500 miles to protect the guaranteed residual. So I'm now wondering if I should get it serviced earlier at another centre further away. It would be a lot more hassle for me, but would be done within the 1K tolerance. Anyone have any experience of handing a Tesla back at the end of their PCP with slightly late servicing?

I would have thought that Tesla-being-busy and servicing delayed as a consequence was their problem, rather than yours?

It isn't Tesla that own the car though, it is the lease company, Black Horse for example, so it remains your problem not theirs.

Personally I wouldn't give them an easy option to duck on the residual and I'd get it done within the allowed mileage.

It isn't Tesla that own the car though, it is the lease company, Black Horse for example, so it remains your problem not theirs.

Personally I wouldn't give them an easy option to duck on the residual and I'd get it done within the allowed mileage.

Yeah, that's my thinking too. I think what I might do is split the mileage with my wife's car to keep it below 13500 miles before the service. Otherwise I'm looking at a 2 hour round trip to London to get it serviced earlier and I don't want someone else driving it there and back.

Also not going down the servicing plan route.rip off in my opinion.especially considering how few moving parts are in the car.
They can't justify £525 for battery fob replacement and wiper blades.done my battery fob anyway at 10 months old after warning on screen to change battery.wiper blades still perfectly ok as well.gearbox oil dosent need changed now either until 100,000 miles.

I appreciate this is slightly off topic, but a few people have mentioned the requirement of PCP to have the car serviced to the manufacturer's recommendations. Has anyone spoken to Barclays (current PCP provider) to check whether it has to be done at Tesla or whether we could use somewhere like Cleevely Motors?