Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Tesla Owner With Two Reservations - 2019 Delivery!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like you should have made the second reservation on a different email address. I also stood in line and made one reservation on my account and a second reservation for my father-in-law I put on his email address. His delivery estimates are all one month behind mine consistent with other non-owners that reserved day 1 in person. You could try to have Tesla move your second reservation to a different My Tesla email account.

Yeah. I guess so. I am in contact with Tesla via e-mail, but so far, nothing is being done. My second reservation did change from "Early 2019" to "Late 2018", but I think that's just the fluctuations in dates that everyone is seeing.

Here's an interesting question actually: can my first purchase (say, the RWD long-range Model 3) be made on the NON-priority reservation? Such that the second purchase is for the AWD model in mid-2018 with the priority reservation?
Or must the first purchase be necessarily made with the priority reservation?

I don't see a problem with this. I think you'll get individual invitations to configure each reservation. So, simply wait for the first one to come in and configure it for AWD. Then wait for the second one to come in and configure for RWD. Your RWD car should be built first.

I also stood in line (Corte Madera) and reserved two Model 3s and already own one Tesla. My estimator shows Nov 2017-Jan 2018 for the second reservation, so something's out of whack with yours. I probably got to the front of the line before you because my first reservation has slightly better dates, so maybe they drew a line in the sand at a certain point for non-owner reservation slots. But who knows...everything will probably change from day to day for a while.

Definitely not. My father and brother stood in line at another Bay Area store (Burlingame) and because of the crowd, they got their reservations about an hour after me. My manager went to the Stanford store and because of the slow-moving line, got a reservation a couple of hours after me. My co-workers went in after lunch (hours after me) to reserve at the same store (Palo Alto). They all have Nov 2017 dates.

@ken830, there is another thing odd about your reservations: even the "early" one doesn't match the others posted here (or my own). Your AWD production is delayed by a month, but the other build options are the same timeline. Do you still see the same thing now vs when you posted originally? And do the first 4 numbers in the RN sequence have any meaning?

Mine is the same as @ken830.

This is the reply I got from Tesla:
Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, because you are a Tesla owner, you will have a delivery priority in one of your Model 3 reservations. The second one will come with the general public distribution.

We greatly appreciate your support and patience.

I have one Tesla S85. I did expect the second reservation to be earlier to 'Late 2018' (originally it was '2019') since I was there in store making the reservation.

I responded with clarification but have received no reply in 2 weeks.

@ken830, there is another thing odd about your reservations: even the "early" one doesn't match the others posted here (or my own). Your AWD production is delayed by a month, but the other build options are the same timeline. Do you still see the same thing now vs when you posted originally? And do the first 4 numbers in the RN sequence have any meaning?

This is what it looks like now. I don't think anyone knows if the RN number has any meaning. It certainly doesn't look like it.

Q84eGAFl.jpg

Mine is the same as @ken830.

This is the reply I got from Tesla:
Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, because you are a Tesla owner, you will have a delivery priority in one of your Model 3 reservations. The second one will come with the general public distribution.

We greatly appreciate your support and patience.

I have one Tesla S85. I did expect the second reservation to be earlier to 'Late 2018' (originally it was '2019') since I was there in store making the reservation.

I responded with clarification but have received no reply in 2 weeks.

Finally someone else with the same issue. I'm sure we're not the only ones.

First, I got a canned response. After I called them out on not even reading my message, I got a "we're making updates to [...] the delivery estimator". After I explained again that one of mine is later than everyone else's, I got a "We’ll be updating our delivery estimates as we work through production," which did not sound like he understood my problem. So I asked if there is a mistake with my delivery estimate and he replied, "I do not see any mistakes with your reservation. We’re working on updates to the delivery estimator."

I just got frustrated and stopped trying. For better or worse, at least I keep getting the same person responding -- Nick, Insider Sales Advisor from Las Vegas.

I suspect that my dates have been incorrect since they started putting them out. I reserved 2 in store pre-reveal, I am in CA and already own a Tesla (one car) but see no indication of any owner preference. I am getting dates months later than other owners and both of my reservations show the exact same dates:
  • First Production
    310 mile range, Rear Wheel Drive and premium upgrades
    $49,000
    Nov 2017 - Jan 2018
  • Standard Battery
    220 mile range with Rear Wheel Drive
    $35,000
    Jan - Mar 2018
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
    Choice of 220 or 310 mile range
    Aug - Oct 2018
I have contacted Tesla several times and it has not changed although they did tell me that they are trying to correct some known issues with the projected dates.

I had two Teslas at the time of my two pre-reveal reservations. One is about a month behind the other. Both start with delivery in Oct. 2017. With it being a month out, shouldn't we be getting an order invite soon?

I am guessing that there is slippage already and Tesla is trying to hide that fact.

I had two Teslas at the time of my two pre-reveal reservations. One is about a month behind the other. Both start with delivery in Oct. 2017. With it being a month out, shouldn't we be getting an order invite soon?

I am guessing that there is slippage already and Tesla is trying to hide that fact.
From the FAQ:
We are shipping our first cars to employees now and expect to begin shipping the Long Range Battery configuration to customers in late October.
I'm guessing 3 +/- 1 weeks until first non-employee config invites.

I check it a few times per day. Still shows the same. My brother and Dad (non-owners), who reserved about an hour after me, both have Nov 2017 - Jan 2018 dates.

I'm in the same boat, ken.

teslam3reservations.png

This was captured on 7/29/2017. Currently, the dates for the 2nd reservation have updated to "Late 2018", but they shouldn't be that late. I stood in line on 3/31/2016 with everyone else, and reserved my two 1 hour and 10 minutes after opening. Non-owners in that position would have a Dec 2017-Feb 2018 delivery estimate.

I'm in the same boat, ken.

This was captured on 7/29/2017. Currently, the dates for the 2nd reservation have updated to "Late 2018", but they shouldn't be that late. I stood in line on 3/31/2016 with everyone else, and reserved my two 1 hour and 10 minutes after opening. Non-owners in that position would have a Dec 2017-Feb 2018 delivery estimate.

I bet this is a common problem with many people with 1 car and 2 reservations. It is disappointing and frustrating that Tesla reps aren't even acknowledging this is a problem. If these dates are real, then we are being penalized for being owners. Non-owners with 2 reservations will have both cars earlier.