Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Currently stuck by the side of the road in France...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pulled off a road in France (Massif Central area), the car won't start, the main computer appears to be trying to restart but isn't succeeding. I can't drive because I can't enter the pin, and the app won't connect to the car. The T icon on the screen is active for a bit, then it goes blank, then the icon comes back -- as if it didn't succeed and so the cycle starts again.

Any suggestions for how to get moving again?

I can't figure out how to contact roadside assistance; the numbers in the "quick guide" get answered by a recording in Dutch...

Two-button reboot, possibly improved by keeping your foot on the brake from before you press both buttons until after the T-Logo reappears (99% sure the brake pedal bit is no longer needed, but won't do any harm)

But i expect you've done that

I am pulled off a road in France (Massif Central area), the car won't start, the main computer appears to be trying to restart but isn't succeeding. I can't drive because I can't enter the pin, and the app won't connect to the car. The T icon on the screen is active for a bit, then it goes blank, then the icon comes back -- as if it didn't succeed and so the cycle starts again.

Any suggestions for how to get moving again?

I can't figure out how to contact roadside assistance; the numbers in the "quick guide" get answered by a recording in Dutch...
Rather than rely solely on Tesla assistance, do you have access to any other breakdown insurance that’s valid in France?

From the Tesla owners manual the France roadside assistance number is copied below:
FranceLocal: 09 70 73 08 50

Reactions: WannabeOwner
IMG_4005.png

yes please -- I'm trying (0)1628 450 660, but it seems to be the main number?
Try the french local nr

09-70-73-08-50

Rather than rely solely on Tesla assistance, do you have access to any other breakdown insurance that’s valid in France?

From the Tesla owners manual the France roadside assistance number is copied below:
FranceLocal: 09 70 73 08 50
Also from the owners manual:

Note
The phone number is also available by touching Controls > Service.

The core of my problem here is that I can't enter the pin. There's no way to bypass it, is there?

I've spoken to someone at Telsa. The car is offline from their point of view, so he can't do anything. He says the only way forward is to flatbed the car to the service centre at Montpelier. I do have breakdown cover, so it's possible -- but many do I want to avoid this if possible...

Long shot, but if you have app connectivity to the car from the app (when our car computer failed, we didn't, so long shot), see if you can disable p2d from the app of the main drivers phone.

Surprising how much of the car still works when car computer fails.

What temporarily fixed our issue (comms gateway had failed which prevented the car computer from cleanly booting), was, after trying 12v disconnect, then HV disconnect, an overnight rest for the car, which coincided with Tesla service centre turning up to give the car a poke with a wired laptop. Latter was not needed in the end.