Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Order spec questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm getting ready to order a MS, 75D, PUP, EAS, Sunroof...

I'm pretty sure that leather seats are history, which is a shame.
How about the "Alcantara head liner" - is that still in use, or is it something else now?
There doesn't appear to be a white headliner, just cream... and you cannot order that with white seats.
Did they ever offer a white headliner?

I want the premium upgrades package.
I don't really care about the audio, but I'll take it.
HEPA filter sounds cool, but could I retro-fit that to a non-premium just by changing a filter?
The sub-zero features are probably not an issue in Sothern California. I like heated seats though - are they only controllable from the front.
I've seen Inventory models with "cold start" stuff - is that part of the package?

Wood vs Carbon.
I like carbon, but it costs money. They wood seems very "dry" in the showroom cars. Does it need oiling or care in a hot climate? Any experience with the wood trim out there?

Center console.
Seems small, with two "cup holders" installed, accessing the rear of the storage (closest to the front of the car) is difficult as the cover does not slide all the way back (forwards). Am I missing something. I really with the center arm-rest had storage like every other car ever.

Seems a lot of stuff is "standard" now, that didn't used to be.
This is why I am so confused about purchasing "inventory" models - they do not say what they include.
eg If air suspension was not standard when they built it, and the car doesn't have it, they don't list it. However if it was standard when they build the car, then they don't list it. Very difficult by looking to see if a car that does not have air suspension listed actually has it or not...

So, questions about standard delivery.
What charger does the car come with - talking about the dual-internal charger, not the cable or wall adapter.
Is all Autopilot hardware v2.5 now?
Do all cars have the new rear seat?
Is the parcel shelf standard now?

I've seen comments about car bras and other accessories.
Are these Tesla sold/installed, or just aftermarket.
What other things will Tesla try to sell me - extended warranty, service contract, etc. When do they try to sell that stuff?

I need a USB-C charging cable. Do I just order the Model3 one.
Do they install the charging dock, or do I have to do that myself. (I'm capable, but lazy.)

Does anyone purchase the wheel locks, tire repair kit, or even a spare tire?

I've looked at the "what to check on your car" checklist, but it hasn't been updated in 3 years, and a lot of the items don't seem to apply.

Hi Socalnick!

Lots of questions, ill try to get to them all!! The dark alcantara headliner is still an option you can get. There used to be an alcantara strip on the dash that came with the premium package, but most reports from people said that was phased out, so if you heard anything about a lack of availability it was probably that. They've always offered the light headliner, never a white one though. Still looks great.

I was initially indifferent about the HEPA filter, but it's surprisingly amazing and you'll love it. The HEPA filter is somewhat easy to remove/retrofit, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. They change the HEPA filter when you bring your car in for annual service at no added charge. Heated seats are only controllable from the front, not a big deal though in my experience.

I have 37,000 miles on my car and it's survived many hot days, there's never been a need to do anything with the wood. The center console is easy to get used to, and you can adjust the cupholders inside the center area or eliminate them if you want for extra space. They are inserts that are removable.

And yeah, lots of things are standard now, but have been for a little while. If you see an inventory car you're interested in, give a call to a local showroom or service center and the people will tell you what the car has. They're always super eager to sell inventory models so they'll let you know on the spot with pleasure.

As long as your car has the added autopilot cameras, it will have AP 2.5 when you get your car, or shortly thereafter! Tesla never tried to sell me any extended warranty/service agreements, and I never got any. It's possible your reps may try to sell them more. I skipped my first year of annual service to save money, which I'd definitely do again, so the pre-paid service is definitely for people that expect to get the car serviced each year. Extended warranty is preference.

They will install the charging dock for you. I didn't purchase any tire repair kits etc.

Finally, make sure you use a referral code when you order to get $1000 off the price. I saw your post on the other forum talking about the Mini Model S electric car for kids. I have an incoming Model S for kids car that I'll never use since I'm 24 and don't have kids yet, so if you actually want that I'd be open to sending it over to you if you want to use my referral code! I'm 1 referral away from a Powerwall prize and I'm trying super hard to get the last one! The code if you need it, is Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty . In any case, good luck with the purchase, you'll DEFINITELY love the car!!

Reactions: PrGrPa
For the inventory cars, you can enter the VIN at the link below to see the specific options:

Tesla Options Decoder

It's a bit hard to wade through all of the option codes but it gives you the most info possible.

Not sure I could make sense of all those option codes when I pasted in my PDF URL. One of them intrigued me: "PK00 LEGACY No parking sensors" didn't understand that for a MS75D scheduled for delivery next year.

Not sure I could make sense of all those option codes when I pasted in my PDF URL. One of them intrigued me: "PK00 LEGACY No parking sensors" didn't understand that for a MS75D scheduled for delivery next year.

Yeah, it's hard to make sense of all of them. On the parking sensors, I think that used to be an option you could add to the car (this is before autopilot) so I think that's just an holdover from a long time ago. Probably a good thing to not have those installed :)

You can find some history of the options here:

Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
The PUP seems like a waste of money for you. The car comes standard with heated seats in the front. Since you are in California, I’m assuming you don’t get any Winter Season.

You don’t care for the audio upgrade as well. So essentially you’d be paying $5K for a HEPA Filter. I would pass on that and use the $5K towards getting a clear bra on the car for protection, tinting the windows and you should have a good amount leftover that would partially cover some sales tax.

If you order brand new, you will get AP2.5 for sure, the new back seats for sure.

I can help you tell if a new inventory has what you are looking for! If you find any you can direct message me and I’ll help you out. The options decoder site didn’t really help me when I was looking.