Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Beast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My initial order in December 2019 was for the Cybertruck Trimotor at $ 79,000 with FSD now the Trimotor is called The Beast at $100,000 with lower range bust faster. I don’t care about how fast. I feel like I have been shafted royally by Musk. The new all wheel drive is a dual motor with grater range. Tesla should give the original Trimotor customers the option to change the order to the AWD dual motor without loosing the reservation priority ( my is less than 200,000 ) If Tesla insists that I have to proceed with the Trimotor The Beast then my answer will be the same Musk gave Bob Igor of Disney , a four letter word starting with big F…. … Is anyone out there in the same predicament?

My initial order in December 2019 was for the Cybertruck Trimotor at $ 79,000 with FSD now the Trimotor is called The Beast at $100,000 with lower range bust faster. I don’t care about how fast. I feel like I have been shafted royally by Musk. The new all wheel drive is a dual motor with grater range. Tesla should give the original Trimotor customers the option to change the order to the AWD dual motor without loosing the reservation priority ( my is less than 200,000 ) If Tesla insists that I have to proceed with the Trimotor The Beast then my answer will be the same Musk gave Bob Igor of Disney , a four letter word starting with big F…. … Is anyone out there in the same predicament?

Both of you are at fault. Elon over promises and always under delivers. But anyone who thought a tri motor cybertruck was going to be sold at $79,900 is insane. Especially with 500 miles. If you had taken a second to done some basic math. How much did a plaid cost and what was it's range? 320 miles give or take. Now take a heavier vehicle increase the range by 180 miles. You realize how big of a battery that would be right? Whats the most expensive thing on an electric vehicle?

Some of the pricing is justified. Massive inflation has increased the cost of almost everything. The r&d for steer by wire, 48v architecture, and others. They also had to redesign the vehicle twice. Not your fault but it costs massive amounts of money.

I also plunked down $100 for a tri motor but wont be buying a $100k vehicle. We also we have no idea how reservations will happen. We dont know whos cancelling or keeping. We dont know whats being made or how many. You switching to a dual motor means nothing right now. You are making a lot of assumptions based on nothing.

Look I want a tri motor for $80k. I really do, but I knew going in it most likely wasnt happening. But I also wasnt expecting all this new technology either. I will be happy with a dual motor. The tri motor is marked up massively. $20k for more power? No thanks. heres my suggestion. Stop whining about obvious things, and stop whining about things we dont know. Everyone wants a CT, and everyone is mad about one thing or another. Nothing you can do. Buy a Rivian or a lightning if you need a truck right now.

Both of you are at fault. Elon over promises and always under delivers. But anyone who thought a tri motor cybertruck was going to be sold at $79,900 is insane. Especially with 500 miles. If you had taken a second to done some basic math. How much did a plaid cost and what was it's range? 320 miles give or take. Now take a heavier vehicle increase the range by 180 miles. You realize how big of a battery that would be right? Whats the most expensive thing on an electric vehicle?

Some of the pricing is justified. Massive inflation has increased the cost of almost everything. The r&d for steer by wire, 48v architecture, and others. They also had to redesign the vehicle twice. Not your fault but it costs massive amounts of money.

I also plunked down $100 for a tri motor but wont be buying a $100k vehicle. We also we have no idea how reservations will happen. We dont know whos cancelling or keeping. We dont know whats being made or how many. You switching to a dual motor means nothing right now. You are making a lot of assumptions based on nothing.

Look I want a tri motor for $80k. I really do, but I knew going in it most likely wasnt happening. But I also wasnt expecting all this new technology either. I will be happy with a dual motor. The tri motor is marked up massively. $20k for more power? No thanks. heres my suggestion. Stop whining about obvious things, and stop whining about things we dont know. Everyone wants a CT, and everyone is mad about one thing or another. Nothing you can do. Buy a Rivian or a lightning if you need a truck right now.
But is it more power, when compared to the plaid tr-motor is 1020 hp compared to 845 CB power.

I had no trouble switching to the FS AWD version, which I decided was what I wanted. I’ll leave the acceleration fun to drag strips, road courses and occasionally the street with my Plaid MS. My CT is a work horse with better range than the CB. I’m quite satisfied.

Reactions: buckets0fun
you just registered to moan about his here? Looks like so.

This is why you ain't correct. 80K in 2019, before the disasters of giving and printing "free" money, equals about 115K today. Once you get it, the today's price is actually cheaper for a better ride than they showed in 2019. Let that sink in.

Reactions: Yelobird
Most all electric and ICE trucks have gone up significantly over those years. Now pressure is on the reduce those prices to increase demand.

Understand OP had hopes for a lower priced offering, however currently Tesla is only delivering the more pricey versions.

If the pricing is not acceptable to OP, perhaps just some patient waiting will get him a Cybertruck at an acceptable price.

When Elon mentioned his hoped for Cybertruck pricing, the vehicle was still only a concept. Something that had never been done before. Not unusual for the reality of pricing be higher than the hoped for pricing.

This is also why production cars rarely look as cool as the concept cars.

Reactions: GOVA