Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Configuration and Prices have been taken down from Tesla website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CYBER TRY COPY PRICES.jpg

LOL. You folks actually thought the CT was a thing? It could NEVER have been built as shown in the intro, for a host of reasons. Love my Teslas, but my Lightning order is getting finalized on the 26th of October, #2 in the country, will be a real deal years before any Tesla truck rolls from production.
This is really informative and backed up by facts. Thanks.

LOL. You folks actually thought the CT was a thing? It could NEVER have been built as shown in the intro, for a host of reasons. Love my Teslas, but my Lightning order is getting finalized on the 26th of October, #2 in the country, will be a real deal years before any Tesla truck rolls from production.
How much was your dealer markup? Mine was $80K over invoice (JKing) ;) and I had to sign up for a lifetime of windshield wiper refills, cabin filter replacements and alignments and six other things I didn't want that the dealer added to raise the price (running boards ($1400), special wax applied by minimum wage employees ($1400), pinstripes ($500), dealer badge (FREE), curb feelers ($350) mud flaps ($500) , Floor mats ($500), etc.

I also spent 4 hours negotiating with Finance, and the sales team....again JKing.. wonder if they will make an adapter so I can charge at SuperChargers?

How much was your dealer markup? Mine was $80K over invoice (JKing) ;) and I had to sign up for a lifetime of windshield wiper refills, cabin filter replacements and alignments and six other things I didn't want that the dealer added to raise the price (running boards ($1400), special wax applied by minimum wage employees ($1400), pinstripes ($500), dealer badge (FREE), curb feelers ($350) mud flaps ($500) , Floor mats ($500), etc.

I also spent 4 hours negotiating with Finance, and the sales team....again JKing.. wonder if they will make an adapter so I can charge at SuperChargers?
Dude the freaking pinstripes!!!! What is up with that? I went to the dealership last year looking for a Tacoma and saw this odd ugly looking pinstripe wrapped around the doors. I asked the salesman what the hell is this? He said it’s part of their ‘special’ package - 600$. For the pinstripes that looked atrocious

My issue with the lightning is that why not even try to make it more aerodynamic to increase the range? Why make it look like a regular Ford truck when electric vehicles are so heavily reliant upon aerodynamics for the range. It’s just weird to me that function was sacrificed to make it look purposely look like a boring normal truck

My issue with the lightning is that why not even try to make it more aerodynamic to increase the range? Why make it look like a regular Ford truck when electric vehicles are so heavily reliant upon aerodynamics for the range. It’s just weird to me that function was sacrificed to make it look purposely look like a boring normal truck
It's a marketing decision. They believe that people who tend to like traditional pickups aren't exactly bastions of tolerance to change.

What could, in theory be more ‘LOL’ worthy is a domestic startup automotive company has made inroads into the luxury car market in the first generation of products where Lincoln has had a string of forgettable styling revisions, names and models (not to mention investment) to be a solid #3 choice.

In the USDM rental car market.

The fact that the F150 is even competing with the CT isn’t a victory for Ford by any stretch. Remember when Alan Mulally tried to emphasize EVs, UX development, and a simplified lineup to Ford? Again, the true facepalm moment is having another company take that blueprint and becoming a more profitable example of that plan.

One could argue even if the F150 lighting comes to market on time and kicks the CTs tail in that regard, it’s not a time to pop champagne just yet.

Dude the freaking pinstripes!!!! What is up with that? I went to the dealership last year looking for a Tacoma and saw this odd ugly looking pinstripe wrapped around the doors. I asked the salesman what the hell is this? He said it’s part of their ‘special’ package - 600$. For the pinstripes that looked atrocious
Well the Yankees have been wearing Pin stripes for a while now. they are still in style.

Reactions: T3SLAROD

Because it's their first EV Truck and the fastest/cheapest way to get it out there is to use what you already have. The 2nd gen will be coming out in 3 years time. I guess my question to you is, how do you know it's not Aerodynamic? Is it because it doesn't look like a door stopper?

I mean do people really believe that any Auto Manufacturer just throws crap out there without doing their homework?

Next thing we are going to hear on here is Tesla invented Aerodynamics.........

Reactions: TessP100D
At some point, the "lock in low price early" is expected to end. Apparently, having been available near a year with a million reservations, it's time to end. This is not unreasonable, and does not translate to "oh no CT is being cancelled", more like "CT moving forward toward happening for real" - especially as we have video of a new CT prototype.

Reactions: Blup85
At some point, the "lock in low price early" is expected to end. Apparently, having been available near a year with a million reservations, it's time to end. This is not unreasonable, and does not translate to "oh no CT is being cancelled", more like "CT moving forward toward happening for real" - especially as we have video of a new CT prototype.
Well, thanks for giving me hope that Tesla will hold us early reservations "Close" to the promised price. I sure hope so.