Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck (CT) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inexperienced driver who probably also had the wrong tires for the situation. But I really don't know .... I've never gone off road.
There no need for experience with that type of a hill or should I say bump. those are the stocks tires which are the off road ones.
The lockers aren't enabled yet, the tires aren't great, but also the suspension isn't great for off roading as many are seeing.
you can see the full video on YouTube and see how a SUBARO with No lockers is going over that hill with no hiccups.
to think a locker is needed for that kind of a ‘bump’ is crazy…I’ve been off roading for 20 year, I’d feel very embarrassed if that’s where my 80k+ truck would get stuck.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’s just software tweaks that are needed for power distribution but the fact they are shipping the truck like that is an insult.

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
you can see the full video on YouTube and see how a SUBARO with No lockers is going over that hill with no hiccups.
to think a locker is needed for that kind of a ‘bump’ is crazy…I’ve been off roading for 20 year, I’d feel very embarrassed if that’s where my 80k+ truck would get stuck.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’s just software tweaks that are needed for power distribution but the fact they are shipping the truck like that is an insult.
Yeah, they really need to make a recall asap on this one to avoid ruining its reputation.

Reactions: zoomer0056
There no need for experience with that type of a hill or should I say bump. those are the stocks tires which are the off road ones.

Agreed. As a Jeep owner who offroads some serious hardcore Black and Red rated trails, the Cybertruck is lacking in the offroad department.
However independent suspension is naturally poor offroad. A solid axle will offer great traction and stability.
And AWD is NOT 4WD. This is mostly a simple traction control problem here. The tires with least traction are spinning.
Lockers would absolutely solve this problem as it forces all wheels to turn, so the ones with traction will move the vehicle forward if tires have traction.
In this video you have suspension travel not reaching the ground and power going to the wheels with no traction.

Can some of the driving dynamics be fixed with software to make the truck more capable? Absolutely.
However the more videos I watch, I really think the truck is shipping with half baked software.
Lots of features missing like towing animations, towing data, FSD missing, autopilot missing, Offroad modes missing.
Will the truck get better? I totally believe so, but right now there is a lot to be desired.
Am I still going to get my Foundation Series? Absolutely...if the stock price makes it affordable when delivery is ready.

Agreed. As a Jeep owner who offroads some serious hardcore Black and Red rated trails, the Cybertruck is lacking in the offroad department.
However independent suspension is naturally poor offroad. A solid axle will offer great traction and stability.
And AWD is NOT 4WD. This is mostly a simple traction control problem here. The tires with least traction are spinning.
Lockers would absolutely solve this problem as it forces all wheels to turn, so the ones with traction will move the vehicle forward if tires have traction.
In this video you have suspension travel not reaching the ground and power going to the wheels with no traction.

Can some of the driving dynamics be fixed with software to make the truck more capable? Absolutely.
However the more videos I watch, I really think the truck is shipping with half baked software.
Lots of features missing like towing animations, towing data, FSD missing, autopilot missing, Offroad modes missing.
Will the truck get better? I totally believe so, but right now there is a lot to be desired.
Am I still going to get my Foundation Series? Absolutely...if the stock price makes it affordable when delivery is ready.
with absolutely no judgement towards you or any other CT buyer…the problem starts with people who are willing to accept half baked product for top tier pricing…that would be called a fanboy.
now, I was there as well, I fell into this trap myself knowing I am falling for this.
I purchased my now deceased model X even though I heard about the thousands of complaints and still spent 100k on a car that is built with laughable quality.
‘and because of people like me and you they are getting away with that kind of stuff.
I believe that this year will be the make it or break it for Tesla…some manufacturers are speeding up their product lines and once Tesla open their chargers to other EVs they won’t have any edge anymore. So Tesla better get their sh*t together quickly.
and lastly regarding that hill… lockers should not be needed for that small hill, more power to the rear and it’s all good so I believe a simple software update should solve that But what do I know…my net worth is still a bit less than Elon’s 🫣

Got a text from local service center:

Hi, this is the delivery team with Tesla in Westmont, we are very excited for you to take delivery of your new Cybertruck!
Log into your Tesla app when you have a moment to ensure pre delivery details are still accurate. If changes need to be made, please let us know as soon as possible.
You will receive notifications once matched to a VIN and when it's time to schedule your appointment for pick up. We will be in contact with you again once your appointment is scheduled.
Please also let us know if there are any dates where you will be out of town/unavailable over the next few months. We are unable to hold vehicles for more than 3 days, after it arrives in Westmont and passes it's final inspection.
Reply to this message with any questions that you may have and we will try to respond as quickly as we can.
Tesla Westmont

However, l can't click on schedule. Anyone else get this?

Can you delay your pre-order? Let’s say you get the configuration email today and you don’t want to configure yet. Can you wait? If so, for how long?

Context: I’m in Canada and pre-ordered on day 1 but not sure how long it will take to get to us up here, potentially years if the backlog is 1.5M+ and a production target of 250k annually. Picked up a Y in the meantime. Planning to drive it for a few years and let the manufacturing kinks work themselves out and price to drop after what I feel is premium pricing atm for people taking early deliveries.

Reactions: coco135
Can you delay your pre-order? Let’s say you get the configuration email today and you don’t want to configure yet. Can you wait? If so, for how long?

Context: I’m in Canada and pre-ordered on day 1 but not sure how long it will take to get to us up here, potentially years if the backlog is 1.5M+ and a production target of 250k annually. Picked up a Y in the meantime. Planning to drive it for a few years and let the manufacturing kinks work themselves out and price to drop after what I feel is premium pricing atm for people taking early deliveries.
You can not order a FS and wait for the standard versions. That's if you get an invite this year at all.

with absolutely no judgement towards you or any other CT buyer…the problem starts with people who are willing to accept half baked product for top tier pricing…that would be called a fanboy.
now, I was there as well, I fell into this trap myself knowing I am falling for this.
I purchased my now deceased model X even though I heard about the thousands of complaints and still spent 100k on a car that is built with laughable quality.
‘and because of people like me and you they are getting away with that kind of stuff.
I believe that this year will be the make it or break it for Tesla…some manufacturers are speeding up their product lines and once Tesla open their chargers to other EVs they won’t have any edge anymore. So Tesla better get their sh*t together quickly.
and lastly regarding that hill… lockers should not be needed for that small hill, more power to the rear and it’s all good so I believe a simple software update should solve that But what do I know…my net worth is still a bit less than Elon’s 🫣
None taken. I'm planning to purchase this knowing it is half baked, and hoping the functionality comes later. My EV alternatives are none. There is no other vehicle that fills my specific needs or wants like the Cybertruck does. If I delay, I risk waiting another year. In that time, my beater ICE will need to be replaced. Due to other external factors, I will likely upgrade to a moderately priced vehicle which I will then drive several years to get the most financial investment out of it. I either get the Cybertruck now, or likely wait 5 more years.

In regards to the lockers, I agree. Lockers WOULD solve the issue, but are NOT required. Like I said, traction control diverting more power to the wheels on the ground would solve the problem. Lockers ONLY force all wheels to spin, which solves the issue. However with better traction control logic and coding, the user would not even need to engage lockers if power is distributed better. Lockers come in very hand with rock crawling, which I have spent hours doing over vehicle sized boulders and rock fields. Can the Cybertruck go OFF road. Yes. Can it "OFF-ROAD"? Well that is a definition I'd debate as it WILL NOT go where I can take purpose built vehicles. But for my use of farming, fields, and no winter maintenance dirt roads and logging paths, it should work fine.

Nah, the one in the Fremont scrapyard is a likely manufacturing reject and never made it past QC because there was some serious build flaw.
That's just silly.
Why would they ship it all the way to California to scrap it when they have a recycle yard right at Giga Texas?
1706579186264.png