Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck FS now or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the Cybertruck FS invite on 6/11/24 with a RN114429XXX. I saw the news last week that they will stop FS next quarter.

Based off of this info do you think I’ll have to wait over a year for non FS Cybertruck? I prefer to save the 20G’s but If I have to wait over a year I rather just pull the trigger now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Received the Cybertruck FS invite on 6/11/24 with a RN114429XXX. I saw the news last week that they will stop FS next quarter.

Based off of this info do you think I’ll have to wait over a year for non FS Cybertruck? I prefer to save the 20G’s but If I have to wait over a year I rather just pull the trigger now.

When did you put your $100 down?

I received my invite with a RN118008 for CT on 6/21/24, of course I jumped at it! Completed all the requirements now waiting for delivery date. When I ordered my MX, RN number was into 129XXX and I got it on Jan/24 so I don't think RN's follow any order. Owning 2 Teslas plus a long term investor at TSLA may have helped my invitation.
or just wait another year and get a CT with obvious issues being addressed and see how the second gen lightning or the new Rivian look like... I have a hard time seeing the first year of CTs *not* dropping in value like a rock in 2-3 years

Do it if you are okay losing 40K the first year...

... I have a hard time seeing the first year of CTs *not* dropping in value like a rock in 2-3 years
I guess it depends what ‘like a rock’ means. IMO, there is nothing in an FS that’ll retain its $20k premium. Plus, CT is not expected to be a super low volume vehicle. When non-FS variants are readily available, FS’ will drop by at least that much. Then add a normal depreciation curve. I wouldn’t be surprised if a DM FS CT is worth less than $60k in 3 years.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I guess it depends what ‘like a rock’ means. IMO, there is nothing in an FS that’ll retain its $20k premium. Plus, CT is not expected to be a super low volume vehicle. When non-FS variants are readily available, FS’ will drop by at least that much. Then add a normal depreciation curve. I wouldn’t be surprised if a DM FS CT is worth less than $60k in 3 years.
agreed on less than $60k - given that you already can get a fully decked out - under 2yr old - F150 Lightning Platinum with just 10k miles for about that...

Reactions: T3SLAROD

Probably a year or 2 or 3 or 4......

It all depends on the numbers. Tesla only has the capacity to manufacture up to 125,000 next year. This year, maybe around 50,000.
How many of the reservations in front of you are going to turn to sales and then how many sales in front of you?
And since there were, I think, over 2,000,000 reservations in front of you....

You could get yours somewhere between now and 8 years from now.

And just for reference, it appears that there will only be around 20,000 Foundation Series sold.

No one knows.

Reactions: Knickstape