Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed, a 2nd display behind the steering wheel
Interesting in this photo you can see what appears to be a small white button at the base of the B and C pillars. I noticed it on the B pillar in the walk around video but didn't see it in the C pillar location. Could these be the missing door releases? They replaced the handle with a button? Also, I do hope they don't use that wiper, it looks really bad from this angle. I'm hoping they are working on something more elegant and less tacked on looking.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Interesting in this photo you can see what appears to be a small white button at the base of the B and C pillars. I noticed it on the B pillar in the walk around video but didn't see it in the C pillar location. Could these be the missing door releases? They replaced the handle with a button? Also, I do hope they don't use that wiper, it looks really bad from this angle. I'm hoping they are working on something more elegant and less tacked on looking.
Didn't the new roadster have a button in a similar spot for door release?

Everybody except Elon. For how long did he insist on no changes? Or "laser windshield wiper"? Or how they would get NHTSA to change?
I should search around here for 'laserbeam wiper' and see how giddy everyone was at the idea. Maybe check out the patent application.
it's ok to admit that some critics are right and he/his followers were wr...wr...wrong about something.

I watched the CT unveil. I was genuinely excited and interested and wanted one.... until it pulled out.

I don't ever remember him saying zero changes. I wish because I liked the one at the unveil better, however I have to admit it is for the most part unchanged.

Does a windshield wiper seriously bother you that much? Personally I never believed in the laser wipers. The magnetic ones did sound more plausible but you'd still end up with a wiper blade either way, albeit a cooler version of it.

It's not exactly their fault if federal agencies are slow to adapt to new technologies.

And it is still the ugliest thing on the road and can't believe so many have reserved this truck. I bet those people also liked the Pontiac Aztek ;)
download.jpg

Pre-heat the car before you even step outside, it should melt and slide right off. Also with adjustable suspension I'd think it would fit in most garages.
Pre-heat the car before you even step outside, it should melt and slide right off. Also with adjustable suspension I'd think it would fit in most garages.
Yeah, length is the issue for most people. Pre-heating should work, given enough time, which leads me to my latest question. I got the winter package with my 2016 Model X, which includes windshield wiper heaters in the glass. It helps melt any accumulated ice and snow on the wipers when they're parked. It doesn't do much when you're driving and it's cold enough for ice to crust up on the wipers; I don't think there's much anything can do about that. It's probably more "necessary" on vehicles where the wipers park below the hood line and you can't angle them up to clear them. I wonder if the side of the windshield will be heated for the wipers on the Cybertruck. Also, the defroster vents are usually down on the dash, where wipers traditionally are so no heating help there. It would be neat if they put a resistive heating element on the arm, near the blade, to help melt ice.

And it is still the ugliest thing on the road and can't believe so many have reserved this truck. I bet those people also liked the Pontiac Aztek ;)
View attachment 760388
Aztek was really ugly, and the ugly served no purpose. Cybertruck is streamlined for better aero/efficiency and angular to allow easy stainless steel forming. They look nothing alike so the comparison is odd.

Aztek was really ugly, and the ugly served no purpose. Cybertruck is streamlined for better aero/efficiency and angular to allow easy stainless steel forming. They look nothing alike so the comparison is odd.
I knew I would offend the "Tesla homers". It is still ugly as sh&t in my book. He can launch rockets into space but he can't form stainless to look good. Recisioning is odd.

Sorry *reasoning / Can't edit original
If Tesla can deliver on the original specs at or near the pricepoint announced, nobody will care about the look. 500 miles (even Tesla miles) at $70-80K is a category killer at this point. We'll find out soon enough whether that will be the case or not. Personally, I find the F150 completely bland and unappealing, but that's me. To each his own. Ultimately, we will have different trucks for different tastes and needs, and that's great. Expanding the EV truck market is great. The competition is the ICE truck, not other EVs.

What gets me: the angles on CT are such that viewing it from different angles has a radical effect on perception. One way, it looks crazy wedge-shaped; another, seems flat with a bump; another, looks huge; another, looks tiny/short. Dunno about others, my brain doesn't quite know how to process that shape. Original reveal, it looked monstrously big/long; pics in this thread seem not much bigger than an S. Wife is gonna hate this...

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre and JRP3
What gets me: the angles on CT are such that viewing it from different angles has a radical effect on perception. One way, it looks crazy wedge-shaped; another, seems flat with a bump; another, looks huge; another, looks tiny/short. Dunno about others, my brain doesn't quite know how to process that shape. Original reveal, it looked monstrously big/long; pics in this thread seem not much bigger than an S. Wife is gonna hate this...
There is no getting around it, this is not an attractive vehicle. The shape is weird, the wheels are ugly, the fender flares suck, the yoke steering wheel is not practical if you have to go hand over hand to turn and it is the same color as my kitchen sink. If it was the only EV pickup available at the price points they proposed then it would sell but I am not so sure anymore. There is compelling competition now. Once Ford and GM ramp up their battery production and get past the mega priced launch editions, 9/10 people in the market will go with a Silverado or F150 over this. Most just want a more practical pickup with decent range. Tesla should have just used their same design language that works well on a full size pickup and call it a day.

I still see no mention of a frunk on this thing which would be a huge oversight in the EV truck market. It will not be the first choice as a work truck either as it lacks all the accessories that truck owners/fleet customers typically need. This will be a niche vehicle for the Tesla fan base.

Can't rust, really hard to dent, no paint to scratch, break resistant glass, (hopefully), all those things make it superior to every other offering, especially for a work truck. For me the SS construction is one of the main selling points, I've dealt with enough rusted vehicles over the years.

Reactions: FLRifleman
What makes me laugh is that some folks think that there is one truck market. Reality is there are multiple truck markets. I could see how many customers would be leery of buying something so radical. That probably won't be as much of an issue once they start showing up in multiple driveways.

More practically, I'm curious about the headroom for the second row seat with the sloped down roof.

What makes me laugh is that some folks think that there is one truck market. Reality is there are multiple truck markets.
Yep, there were 3.8 million pickup trucks sold worldwide in 2020 alone. It's a broad and varied market. Clearly this truck has found appeal in some segment. I personally do not like the way it looks, but there are a lot of cars on the road I don't like including most pickups.