Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what’s the motive behind the DDs?
I think one motive of the NNs (Negative Nancy's) may be to provide a "balanced" perspective for would-be buyer that may wonder by - so they can make informed (from both views) buying decisions. A public service, so to say (smile). There are soooo many Tesla/Elon aligned shill and influencer videos/posts that mislead new prospective buyer's into thinking everything is great with is first gen product, and that Elon is to be worshiped - no matter what BS he may spew from day-to-day. Just a thought for consideration...

Last edited:
I think one motive of the NNs (Negative Nancy's) may be to provide a "balanced" perspective for would-be buyer that may wonder by - so they can make informed (from both views) buying decisions. A public service, so to say (smile). There are soooo many Tesla/Elon aligned shill and influencer videos/posts that mislead new prospective buyer's into thinking everything is great with is first gen product, and that Elon is to be worshiped - no matter what BS he may spew from day-to-day. Just a thought for consideration...
Why do you assume that reservation holder’s (like me) care what the DDs think? There are ACTUAL CT owners who have posted a plethora of videos and written reviews online for everyone to see/read… what makes the opinion of non-CT owners who are DDs (or NNs as you say) so special and enlightening that it will sway a reservation holder with an invite to an actual order?

Why do you assume that reservation holder’s (like me) care what the DDs think? There are ACTUAL CT owners who have posted a plethora of videos and written reviews online for everyone to see/read… what makes the opinion of non-CT owners who are DDs (or NNs as you say) so special and enlightening that it will sway a reservation holder with an invite to an actual order?
“Asked and answered”…

“Asked and answered”…
Sure it’s not because you appear envious or jealous that you’re not driving one for whatever reason ($, Res #, etc)? Monitoring and posting on a CT-centric forum when it’s crystal clear you hate the vehicle is a bit on the pathetic and/or desperate attention seeking side don’t you think… insecure maybe?

Sure it’s not because you appear envious or jealous that you’re not driving one for whatever reason ($, Res #, etc)? Monitoring and posting on a CT-centric forum when it’s crystal clear you hate the vehicle is a bit on the pathetic and/or desperate attention seeking side don’t you think… insecure maybe?

Readers of this thread (and prospective Cybertruck buyers) -

This (above) is a good example of how the quintessential Tesla/Elon loyalist behave when someone with a different view (other than, “Tesla is a bed a roses,” and “Elon should be our president or demigod”) posts on TMC. There are many of these types that frequent many social media venues, pushing a false narrative. They often think they are cute, but asking a question that they don’t expect to get an answer to. And when they do, they resort to name calling and more. Beware of such clowns 🤡 and do your own through research before buying (especially a CyberTruck).

The facts are, I own three Tesla’s, including a Plaid - and had a day zero CT reservation. Meaning, I could already by driving my CT Founder’s Edition - if I thought it was worth buying (but I didn't).

Yeah, I’m “envious, jealous, and insecure”…. What a 🐎 @$$ for making such statements.

P.S. Also, such 🤡 tend to downvote (like a crazed lunatic) any post that is counter to their “agenda”. Take note of this as you do your research - it will help you weed out the “everything is roses and I must protect my failing $TSLA investment” people from the pragmatists.

Last edited:

This (above) is a good example of how the quintessential Tesla/Elon loyalist behave when someone with a different view (other than, “Tesla is a bed a roses,” and “Elon should be our president or demigod”) posts on TMC. There are many of these types that frequent many social media venues, pushing a false narrative. They often think they are cute, but asking a question that they don’t expect to get an answer to. And when they do, they resort to name calling and more. Beware of such clowns 🤡 and do your own through research before buying (especially a CyberTruck).

The facts are, I own three Tesla’s, including a Plaid - and had a day zero CT reservation. Meaning, I could already by driving my CT Founder’s Edition - if I thought it was worth buying (but I didn't).

Yeah, I’m “envious, jealous, and insecure”…. What a 🐎 @$$ for making such statements.

P.S. Also, such 🤡 tend to downvote (like a crazed lunatic) any post that is counter to their “agenda”. Take note of this as you do your research - it will help you weed out the “everything is roses and I must protect my failing $TSLA investment” people from the pragmatists.

respectfully, you don't own nor have driven a CT?
that's fine btw, but it's important to keep perspective here that most (myself included) are giving opinions that are derivatives of others' opinions.

You actually believe you have a following on this forum ? 😆

I’ll sum it up… panel gaps 1/16 inch out of spec for a “high end” “notatruck”, tonneau cover drips when you hold a pressure washer to it, the range is only 80% of the estimates even though CT owners go full pedal at every opportunity, bird poop scars stainless steal when you leave it for a month, my car vibrates on the road even though I’ve never had my wheels balanced, blah blah blah.

Spot on for a non-CT owner? 🥲

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc

I’ll sum it up… panel gaps 1/16 inch out of spec for a “high end” “notatruck”, tonneau cover drips when you hold a pressure washer to it, the range is only 80% of the estimates even though CT owners go full pedal at every opportunity, bird poop scars stainless steal when you leave it for a month, my car vibrates on the road even though I’ve never had my wheels balanced, blah blah blah.

For the record, I'm not the author of the "Cyber(nota)truck" thread - but it is a good read (if not entertaining). Someone else has that honor.

Again with the slander.... is that the only trick in your book? A one trick pony? Well let's address your bogus "following" point, shall we? My positive reaction score is well over 20,000... And yours (rhetorical question, in case that was not obvious to you)? 😞

Last edited:

Slow down Pilgrim… your insecurities are showing.

Everyone gets their feelings hurt occasionally, sometimes provoking an intensely off-topic response. Still, one thing I appreciate about this forum is how measured most responses are. I see many contrary views posted containing a well-above-average number of mitigating statements. I.e., "my model Z had a LOT of problems but I can appreciate that yours did not". Or, "I have never gotten anywhere near EPA economy but I proudly drive it like a teenager."

Incidentally, I almost always manage 275 to 325 Wh/mi on a 2016 MX P90d but that's by driving it like a Prius with no HVAC use. Which makes no sense since I fuel it at nine cents per kWh 98% of the time and zero cents on road trips. Old men play weird games. My brother has my old 2013 MS P85 and does the same, averaging below 270.

For an on-topic comment, I eagerly await my CT but am very glad I got the MX. It may be awhile. I am keenly disappointed with the current slow charging & low range reports, not that I've ever experienced any better on either issue with any of my three (old) cars to date. I assume that the solution will be gradual improvements to the 4680 design combined with providing more of the little suckers when production permits. The remainder of the topic issues I expect to be slowly resolved as Tesla learns how to build these little gems in a more consistent manner. Issues such as bumper height headlights we may simply learn to live with. I am certain that they fall within federal requirements. I was worried about the crash standards!

I also appreciate that other EVs are mentioned with honest respect and criticism. I remember that Tesla has always taken the position that one company alone will not effect this transition.

Last edited:
Everyone gets their feelings hurt occasionally, sometimes provoking an intensely off-topic response. Still, one thing I appreciate about this forum is how measured most responses are. I see many contrary views posted containing a well-above-average number of mitigating statements. I.e., "my model Z had a LOT of problems but I can appreciate that yours did not" . Or, "I have never gotten anywhere near EPA economy but I proudly drive it like a teenager."

Incidentally, I almost always manage 275 to 325 Wh/mi on a 2016 MX P90d but that's by driving it like a Prius with no HVAC use. Which makes no sense since I fuel it at nine cents per kWh 98% of the time and zero cents on road trips. Old men play weird games. My brother has my old 2013 MS P85 and does the same, averaging below 270.

For an on-topic comment, I eagerly await my CT but am very glad I got the MX. It may be awhile. I am keenly disappointed with the current slow charging & low range reports, not that I've ever experienced any better on either issue with any of my three (old) cars to date. I assume that the solution will be gradual improvements to the 4680 design combined with providing more of the little suckers when production permits.
I appreciate your well balanced post.

I often wonder why people think there will be ongoing small improvements to the 4680 form, and use it as justification to buy an inferior product now? yes inferior is what I mean, Elon flat out said it would have 500 miles of range +, and he failed because he doesn’t have the battery tech.

outside the bubble of the Tesla World, nobody wants to buy electric cars because of the battery’s. I feel we are a decade away from having batteries that actually provide enough power and recharge fast enough for the main stream to sign on to.
it’s about the battlers and has always has been. We may never get there. Tesla batteries are no better than anybody else are, despite what Elon said in battery day A few years back. The next Trillion-Aire will be the guy who actually solves the mystery.

you're forgetting that is not what will Carmax sell it for. they have a biz to run, employees to pay, a market to set. they'll sell it for more than he bought it for I bet. because that is what people are willing to pay (as evidenced by the guy posting +25% purchase prices on supercharger stands).
I’m not forgetting anything . Who cares about CarMax? He got an offer to sell the turd for $76,000. So the Original Owner would lose about 46,000. thats the point. Not what somebody else will buy it from Car Max for.

Reactions: T3SLAROD and jebinc
My largest takeaway from Tesla's achievement is not their battery cells, may of which they buy rather than build. It is their battery management system (MS and newer) and the tremendous efficiency gains in technology (octovalve and all the other MY evolution). Most has happened since 2020 and on MY.

My first BEV was the 2000 Honda Insight with zero BMS. The two Prius cars used cabin air for battery cooling so AC was a must on hot Georgia days. My first Prius reached 320K miles with NO major issues at all. Why oh why has Toyota decided to ride this out? They were the Tesla of hybrids, which remain the best option for those that don't like Kool-Aide. This addresses TessP100D's comment. They will come when the technology approaches the invisibility of a gasoline hybrid.

I’m not forgetting anything . Who cares about CarMax? He got an offer to sell the turd for $76,000. So the Original Owner would lose about 46,000. thats the point. Not what somebody else will buy it from Car Max for.

while you might hate the CT and scream into the internet to convince others to hate the CT as well, someone will buy it off of CarMax for probably, say, $125k. like the guy that posts signs on supercharger pedestals.

which indicates strong enthusiasm and sentiment for the CT.

I don't have one, and i'd like one. 1. CT is controversial, 2. useful, and 3. qualifies for section 179 deductions. for my business needs, these are good things. in fact, CT still does #1 better than its competitors. and Americans love entertainment, so I'm going to bet CT enthusiasm and sentiment will remain strong (as will its used retail sale price).

while you might hate the CT and scream into the internet to convince others to hate the CT as well, someone will buy it off of CarMax for probably, say, $125k. like the guy that posts signs on supercharger pedestals.

which indicates strong enthusiasm and sentiment for the CT.

I don't have one, and i'd like one. 1. CT is controversial, 2. useful, and 3. qualifies for section 179 deductions. for my business needs, these are good things. in fact, CT still does #1 better than its competitors. and Americans love entertainment, so I'm going to bet CT enthusiasm and sentiment will remain strong (as will its used retail sale price).

To each! 🥂

All this did was show how much a Tesla product if worth. He paid $100k + and the extras are worth $0. $76k is exactly what what a car should lose as it comes off the lot. Carmax saw an $80k starting price.

On top of that, they know how Tesla has played with prices which has taken used EV Market to where it is now…. Worthless. No one wants to buy a used EV because of Elon and his price games that he likes to play.

All this did was show how much a Tesla product if worth. He paid $100k + and the extras are worth $0. $76k is exactly what what a car should lose as it comes off the lot. Carmax saw an $80k starting price.

On top of that, they know how Tesla has played with prices which has taken used EV Market to where it is now…. Worthless. No one wants to buy a used EV because of Elon and his price games that he likes to play.
EXACTLY

Reactions: jebinc