Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Since production capacity/output is so little (per Elon) in 2024, everyone will be a premium priced Founder's Edition.... And even with that, they are still not "sold out" for 2024 builds (per their own Earnings call)....

P.S. Looks like investors are now seeing through the line of BS as well ....

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 10.29.00 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 10.32.53 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: T3SLAROD
P.S. Looks like investors are now seeing through the line of BS as well ....

View attachment 1012165View attachment 1012170
Just more evidence of Tesla failing to transit from a startup to a mature growth oriented company. Almost no discussion of financials on this call, mostly vague talk about various items overall. No explicit guidance shared for production volumes for any products, no explicit 2024 financial guidance provided either. The departure of the prior CFO Zachary Kirkhorn is definitely showing to have been a serious loss for Tesla - at least he could speak to most of these topics with some level of specificity on the investor calls. Musk rambling on like he does - doesn't give most investors much confidence unfortunately - as his shine is wearing off to put it mildly.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sad, but well-earned.
Agreed. I've actually pondered on several occasions now about the insular community that surrounds Tesla and how it may actually serve to hurt Tesla especially over the long term. They elevate Musk beyond what he has proven capable of handling on some level at least. Personally I'm no longer confident - as are a growing segment of other investors - that Musk should be leading these business oriented calls. Let him lead product day, AI day, battery day, that's what he's good at - stop leading the investor/business calls - he's simply not good at them.

Regarding the insular Tesla fanboy community, the challenge with Tesla, is that this community has become so large that it essentially envelops the company and provides almost singularly positive vibes to anyone listening from the inside. Most of the detractors get drowned out - which is dangerous on some level IMHO. Show me any other company out there that has the kind of following that Tesla does - with droves of social influencers whose income is largely dependent upon Tesla coverage - which itself is not good - I cannot point to any other company that has this problem. See this with any of the other major 7 companies? Nope. People don't realize it's a problem - most inside this community think it's simply awesome. I think it's a huge problem big picture really. It creates imbalances that no other company is prone to experiencing in comparison.

I'm therefore suspect that the community that surrounds Tesla is actually good for the company. On some level, this community allows Tesla to avoid providing a proper narrative and supporting data on a much more substantive level than they otherwise do. Ironically, what this enveloping community may do and may have done - is perhaps actually hold Tesla back long term. It largely creates an echo chamber that is counter productive to their long term success. If there is any truth to this, it actually serves to weaken Tesla especially as the early adopter/startup phase comes to an end - which is IMHO what Tesla is going to experience moreso moving forward. I hope I'm completely wrong here - but I've never seen anything like this. Actually - that's not true - I've seen it in one other case - BlackBerry had this same kind of cult following - I was part of it in the past. Look what happened with BlackBerry for example.

Agreed. I've actually pondered on several occasions now about the insular community that surrounds Tesla and how it may actually serve to hurt Tesla especially over the long term. They elevate Musk beyond what he has proven capable of handling on some level at least. Personally I'm no longer confident - as are a growing segment of other investors - that Musk should be leading these business oriented calls. Let him lead product day, AI day, battery day, that's what he's good at - stop leading the investor/business calls - he's simply not good at them.

Regarding the insular Tesla fanboy community, the challenge with Tesla, is that this community has become so large that it essentially envelops the company and provides almost singularly positive vibes to anyone listening from the inside. Most of the detractors get drowned out - which is dangerous on some level IMHO. Show me any other company out there that has the kind of following that Tesla does - with droves of social influencers whose income is largely dependent upon Tesla coverage - which itself is not good - I cannot point to any other company that has this problem. See this with any of the other major 7 companies? Nope. People don't realize it's a problem - most inside this community think it's simply awesome. I think it's a huge problem big picture really. It creates imbalances that no other company is prone to experiencing in comparison.

I'm therefore suspect that the community that surrounds Tesla is actually good for the company. On some level, this community allows Tesla to avoid providing a proper narrative and supporting data on a much more substantive level than they otherwise do. Ironically, what this enveloping community may do and may have done - is perhaps actually hold Tesla back long term. It largely creates an echo chamber that is counter productive to their long term success. If there is any truth to this, it actually serves to weaken Tesla especially as the early adopter/startup phase comes to an end - which is IMHO what Tesla is going to experience moreso moving forward. I hope I'm completely wrong here - but I've never seen anything like this. Actually - that's not true - I've seen it in one other case - BlackBerry had this same kind of cult following - I was part of it in the past. Look what happened with BlackBerry for example.
Man, I loved my Blackberry and the security it provided. So much so that it was the only device the DoD would allow! Oh, and that physical keyboard…. (Drooling)

Re your other points - I concur; 100%!

Hey, have you visited that “Cyber(nota)Truck…” thread?!

The cult is strong with Tesla. They have accepted the mediocre Cybertruck at $100k+ instead of holding them accountable for what they promised.

I know it’s hard because some have the need for the attention or to be the first. There are some just starting their YT channel with this car, maybe they don’t want to work anymore.

The Cybertruck is hard to build just based of the design, but the Fanboys will have you believe Tesla will pump these out like nothing…… sure, with hubcaps missing, gaps like you’ve never seen before etc etc etc and they’ll accept it.

Unfortunately for them, they are really the minority in the car community, many of us have no brand loyalty and will buy what makes sense to us and what provides quality/value that will last for years.

The death of the Legacies is not coming, they are in their infancy with EV’s and if Tesla continues to make subpar products they will be bought out by one of them.

Tesla needs a real truck to compete or just let that market go.

The cult is strong with Tesla. They have accepted the mediocre Cybertruck at $100k+ instead of holding them accountable for what they promised.

I know it’s hard because some have the need for the attention or to be the first. There are some just starting their YT channel with this car, maybe they don’t want to work anymore.

The Cybertruck is hard to build just based of the design, but the Fanboys will have you believe Tesla will pump these out like nothing…… sure, with hubcaps missing, gaps like you’ve never seen before etc etc etc and they’ll accept it.

Unfortunately for them, they are really the minority in the car community, many of us have no brand loyalty and will buy what makes sense to us and what provides quality/value that will last for years.

The death of the Legacies is not coming, they are in their infancy with EV’s and if Tesla continues to make subpar products they will be bought out by one of them.

Tesla needs a real truck to compete or just let that market go.
Personally, I think they need a new CEO…. The time for change has come - as indicated by current stock performance and investor lack of confidence / sentiment.

IMG_0452.png

Meanwhile, the rest of the market is largely up for the year…

Personally, I think they need a new CEO…. The time for change has come - as indicated by current stock performance and investor lack of confidence / sentiment.

View attachment 1012245

Their PR dept is out in full force today, YT, Twatter, everywhere.

Then you have this quality control from Tesla:

Of course they take delivery for fear of being black balled or sent to the back of the line by Tesla. Can you imagine another Auto OEM sending people to the back of the line because their vehicle is defective.

Their PR dept is out in full force today, YT, Twatter, everywhere.

Then you have this quality control from Tesla:

Of course they take delivery for fear of being black balled or sent to the back of the line by Tesla. Can you imagine another Auto OEM sending people to the back of the line because their vehicle is defective.

Sandy "shill" Munro invited Elon over to his consulting shop, and then proceeded to "SHD"; Elon reciprocated by putting Sandy's two CT orders to the top of the delivery list....

That's funny.... 😆

They have reported in the past of having "millions of pre-orders" and "many years of backlog". Today, they can produce about 500 CTs per week (on a good week), I've read (Sandy Munro data point?).

So, for 2024 the total production will be between 26,000 and "X". Let's give them the benefit of a decent production ramp later this year and call "X" 50,000. If Elon is saying, on one hand, that Tesla has, "millions of pre-orders and years of backlog," and yet can only produce upwards of 50,000 CTs in 2024, how come they are not already sold out for 2024? o_O Hint: Of those millions of pre-orders, they have not yet converted 26k-X over to early adopter, high priced Founder's Edition's...

As of today, they say, "we expect 2024 builds to sell out," which means they have not yet converted 26,000-50,000 of those "millions of pre-orders", right?! 🤣 🍻
You are 100% right again. Keep them coming.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc

View attachment 1012245

I'm just no longer confident - as are a growing segment of other investors - that Musk should be leading these business oriented calls. Let him lead product day, AI day, battery day, that's what he's good at really - stop leading the investor/business calls - he's simply not good at them. Jobs was similar back when he was alive and running the show at Apple - but he always had Tim Cook really running the entire business and running the investor calls. He knew his strengths and weaknesses. Musk doesn't seem to care that he sucks at doing this really. Musk should do with Tesla what he did with X, hire a CEO and stay on as CTO for example (perhaps Chairman/CTO or something similar). Stick with leading the tech - that's what Musk is best at.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I'm just no longer confident - as are a growing segment of other investors - that Musk should be leading these business oriented calls. Let him lead product day, AI day, battery day, that's what he's good at really - stop leading the investor/business calls - he's simply not good at them. Jobs was similar back when he was alive and running the show at Apple - but he always had Tim Cook really running the entire business and running the investor calls. He knew his strengths and weaknesses. Musk doesn't seem to care that he sucks at doing this really. Musk should do with Tesla what he did with X, hire a CEO and stay on as CTO for example (perhaps Chairman/CTO or something similar). Stick with leading the tech - that's what Musk is best at.
Never gonna happen. He's even said so. After he was ousted at PayPal, he more or less vowed that it would never happen again. Purposefully setting his position up as CEO at Tesla very early on (after the actual founders were pushed out).

The unfortunate reality is that Tesla is intrinsically tied to Elon. If he were to move, even laterally, to "CTO" (he can't be chairman due to the SEC deal) the stock would tank. For the next 5-10 years, the fate of Elon is the fate of Tesla.

Never gonna happen. He's even said so. After he was ousted at PayPal, he more or less vowed that it would never happen again. Purposefully setting his position up as CEO at Tesla very early on (after the actual founders were pushed out).

The unfortunate reality is that Tesla is intrinsically tied to Elon. If he were to move, even laterally, to "CTO" (he can't be chairman due to the SEC deal) the stock would tank. For the next 5-10 years, the fate of Elon is the fate of Tesla.

Then imo, the fate of Tesla isn't looking very good.

A sad state of affairs…

Now you can monitor CT VIN activations. This should be interesting. How long does the hockey stick last before it flattens out? Will it be production or demand limited?🍿

Last week had 247 produced or ~35 CTs/day. That's pretty impressive for early production assuming it's sustainable.

Update: these #'s include employee vehicles and ordered vehicles not yet assigned to an owner. So these VIN'd vehicles may still be in production.

Last edited: