Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I experienced this lovely journey (with Tesla) when I purchased an early 2021 Model S Plaid.... Many marketed features, not available when delivered, never came to the early models (even though they were on the order page at the time). Instead, Tesla implemented them on later re-refreshed models and did not offer a paid/free retrofit path. To add insult to injury, they shortly thereafter drastically cut prices - after the loyalist demand was satisfied. They also improved/fixed the botched early release design TWICE in the next two years, by releasing a re-refreshed, and a re-re-refreshed ('22 and '23) version - leaving early adopters holding/pulling their pud...
But at least we have the word Plaid on our trunk instead of that stupid square.

Kind of makes our cars limited production vehicles! I’m sure I’d see a much higher resale value if I decided to sell.

Reactions: jebinc
But at least we have the word Plaid on our trunk instead of that stupid square.

Kind of makes our cars limited production vehicles! I’m sure I’d see a much higher resale value if I decided to sell.
The funny thing about that is that the limited early deliveries of the Plaid had the square, then when they went to regular customers it went to the letters then back to the square.

The most rare Plaids have the wood interior.

All of your arguments are subjective.

If Tesla guaranteed the Ramphex would be pleased with all of our products I would understand your argument.

However - in order to avoid more posts like this - I would implore you to not buy anything else from Tesla.

I started a challenge to name another product that ANYONE makes that can drive me from my driveway to Naperville Il (32 miles), without any interventions. Still waiting.
You are invited to that party.
There’s nothing subjective about it. Do I have “console quality gaming”? No, I do not. My “refresh flagship model S” isn’t capable of running Steam. Sounds pretty objective to me. Did not get what was advertised.

FSDj is complete garbage. It might not be for Model 3/Y owners as the FSDj v11 thread has proven, but for Model S it has been straight ass. I have many videos that I have posted in that thread of my experiences. There is never a no intervention drive. Especially with the latest version where it just takes random turns even though the GPS clearly indicates for it to go straight. The spill the coffee slamming of brakes at red lights, phantom braking, unnecessary lane changes, wipers that just don’t work during the rain and randomly wipe when it’s not raining, rogue turn signals that just go on and off without any upcoming turns, auto park that does 10 turns going back and forth to back into a spot, the list goes on. That’s once again not what was advertised. Here is what was advertised 4 years ago, and I have yet to see this happen.

I’m glad that you have your opinion of FSD, and it’s awesome that your experience is good, but mine isn’t. Just because your experience is good, doesn’t mean everyone else’s experience is good, try to think about this situation from outside the box.

Always make sure a product does what you want it to do BEFORE purchase. Never go by “future promises”.

a person is usually happier with that method.
And that’s the lesson I learned the hard way with Tesla. Unfortunately I fell for all of the shills and their nonsense, thinking they’re legitimate people who are making legitimate reviews. It was the alpha fan boys that were mentioned in the post above.

Live and learn.

There is never a no intervention drive. Especially with the latest version where it just takes random turns even though the GPS clearly indicates for it to go straight. The spill the coffee slamming of brakes at red lights, phantom braking, unnecessary lane changes, wipers that just don’t work during the rain and randomly wipe when it’s not raining, rogue turn signals that just go on and off without any upcoming turns, auto park that does 10 turns going back and forth to back into a spot, the list goes on.
This is exactly my experience with FSDb. I am amazed when I hear people claim they made zero intervention drives. Maybe they don't mind pissing off everyone driving around them.

And that’s the lesson I learned the hard way with Tesla. Unfortunately I fell for all of the shills and their nonsense, thinking they’re legitimate people who are making legitimate reviews. It was the alpha fan boys that were mentioned in the post above.

Live and learn.
Well…you aren’t the only one. Woz fell for it multiple times too.

Best to get first had experience.

I paid 5k during the fire sale for TACC/AP/EAP/FSD since I originally purchased my car with none of it. For that price, I felt it was worth it. I certainly wouldn’t pay todays prices for FSD.

But today I can purchase a MSLR for 30k less than I paid for my 2017 S90D and includes over 100 more miles of range, basic AP and many other hardware improvements. So I’d say that’s a pretty good change especially considering inflation. I just wouldn’t buy FSD for it for 12k since basic AP really is sufficient for my use.

Last edited:
There’s nothing subjective about it. Do I have “console quality gaming”? No, I do not. My “refresh flagship model S” isn’t capable of running Steam. Sounds pretty objective to me. Did not get what was advertised.

FSDj is complete garbage. It might not be for Model 3/Y owners as the FSDj v11 thread has proven, but for Model S it has been straight ass. I have many videos that I have posted in that thread of my experiences. There is never a no intervention drive. Especially with the latest version where it just takes random turns even though the GPS clearly indicates for it to go straight. The spill the coffee slamming of brakes at red lights, phantom braking, unnecessary lane changes, wipers that just don’t work during the rain and randomly wipe when it’s not raining, rogue turn signals that just go on and off without any upcoming turns, auto park that does 10 turns going back and forth to back into a spot, the list goes on. That’s once again not what was advertised. Here is what was advertised 4 years ago, and I have yet to see this happen.

I’m glad that you have your opinion of FSD, and it’s awesome that your experience is good, but mine isn’t. Just because your experience is good, doesn’t mean everyone else’s experience is good, try to think about this situation from outside the box.

You have spoken for me.

Your situation isn't what everyone else is going through. Your opinion of FSD isn't everyone else's. = Subjective.

Is it a FACT that FSD is garbage? No - It is for you, but it's not fact because it's not for everyone. Thats what Subjective is. Your opinion = subjective.

Tesla makes cars = fact. It's not opinion and not subjective.
Tesla makes good cars = subjective and matter of opinion.

As I stated earlier - The feature that Tesla made where the car drives itself - drove me today from my driveway to Schaumburg Il Tesla (46 miles away) to pick up 2 front end speed sensors - no interventions. I don't need a video or anyone else's opinion. Mine works and fulfills my expectations.

I understand that my experience is unpopular in this forum and that there are so many people caught up in the name of the product and the wishes of Tesla as to how it works. I could care less about what Tesla says. It has just gotten better and better every year I've had it. Whatever it's called.

I'm sorry you wasted your money. I didn't. (on the same product)

I have over 150k miles using the product and couldn't be happier with it. I'm saying this strongly because positive comments are not usually represented when people are happy. Complaining is todays standard.

Last edited:
Well...... you can say that about the high CT prices today then, can you. No COVID, just margin padding from the copious "milking" of loyalists....
Frankly, if I was running the company I'd do the same. Run through the wait-list and sell as many $100k+ trims as I can. The number of people who can actually afford a $100k vehicle however, is small. (Too many people over-leverage themselves with unproductive debt.) I personally don't think it will take them too long to run through the list.

Frankly, if I was running the company I'd do the same. Run through the wait-list and sell as many $100k+ trims as I can. The number of people who can actually afford a $100k vehicle however, is small. (Too many people over-leverage themselves with unproductive debt.) I personally don't think it will take them too long to run through the list.

I definitely hope it wont take long to run through the list, as I have cash money for my beast CT if they want it.

Tesla, if you are reading this forum - I'm ready.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc and SO16
You have spoken for me.

Your situation isn't what everyone else is going through. Your opinion of FSD isn't everyone else's. = Subjective.

Is it a FACT that FSD is garbage? No - It is for you, but it's not fact because it's not for everyone. Thats what Subjective is. Your opinion = subjective.

Tesla makes cars = fact. It's not opinion and not subjective.
Tesla makes good cars = subjective and matter of opinion.

As I stated earlier - The feature that Tesla made where the car drives itself - drove me today from my driveway to Schaumburg Il Tesla (46 miles away) to pick up 2 front end speed sensors - no interventions. I don't need a video or anyone else's opinion. Mine works and fulfills my expectations.

I understand that my experience is unpopular in this forum and that there are so many people caught up in the name of the product and the wishes of Tesla as to how it works. I could care less about what Tesla says. It has just gotten better and better every year I've had it. Whatever it's called.

I'm sorry you wasted your money. I didn't. (on the same product)

I have over 150k miles using the product and couldn't be happier with it. I'm saying this strongly because positive comments are not usually represented when people are happy. Complaining is todays standard.
Give it up,Pilgrim… FSD is complete sugar.

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex and jebinc

As I've stated over and over - the last step to a discussion like this is to get personal. Call me whatever you want.

Name another system that will get me from my driveway to Naperville Il Tesla Service Center (32 miles) with NO interventions. If you are ever in the Chicagoland area - I'll show you how my system works.

Please participate. Name another system.

Last edited:

IMG_0141.gif