Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
I agree

so you make assertions in an authoritative manner, and cite no evidence. neat.

No, I just refuse to do the most basic research for you. I actually googled and immediately saw several articles stating exactly what I had reported, that EVs are in fact more expensive to repair while being less reliable than ICE.

Then it occurred to me that it's not my job to research anything at all for you. I gave you some info that I've read several times (and I'm certain there are other studies that state the opposite) and you can choose to either put the most basic level of effort forth to satisfy your own curiosity, or not. I don't care either way.

So GL.

It is true that there are in fact a handful of RST & WT model Sierra EVs for rent at Hertz at LAX apparently.

Kyle (Out of Spec I think) apparently has one and there are several reports from people that have rented one and reports are that the WT version with the smaller battery pack is in fact good for 400 miles 'easily' based on usage rates.

I also think it looks pretty nice and well put together.

Software glitches have been reported however.

Apparently GM has actually delivered 100s of units.

It's my opinion that this product, for less money, walking around with, ya know, like 60% more battery capacity (which is the major cost of any EV) than a CT, a proper dashboard, ubiquitous dealer support, etc. makes the CT look pretty darn lacking in comparison.

Last edited:
It is true that there are in fact a handful of RST & WT model Sierra EVs for rent at Hertz at LAX apparently.

Kyle (Out of Spec I think) apparently has one and there are several reports from people that have rented one and reports are that the WT version with the smaller battery pack is in fact good for 400 miles 'easily' based on usage rates.

I also think it looks pretty nice and well put together.

Software glitches have been reported however.

Apparently GM has actually delivered 100s of units.

It's my opinion that this product, for less money, walking around with, ya know, like 60% more battery capacity (which is the major cost of any EV) than a CT, a proper dashboard, ubiquitous dealer support, etc. makes the CT look pretty darn lacking in comparison.
The consumer version that will ship next year starts over 100k. Still less than the Foundation Cyberbeast, but expensive.

All range reports and tests are massively favorable on the Silverado. Of course will have lower payload because it has so many batteries, but seems like a good option.

I still wouldn't buy one.

The consumer version that will ship next year starts over 100k. Still less than the Foundation Cyberbeast, but expensive.

All range reports and tests are massively favorable on the Silverado. Of course will have lower payload because it has so many batteries, but seems like a good option.

I still wouldn't buy one.

I'll admit to not keeping up with pricing, but I think only the top end version (Denali?) cost like $105K and also includes a 240kwh battery pack?

Which makes sense as the Hummer EV rides on the same skateboard and battery pack and didn't cost much more than that.

I too wouldn't buy the Sierra EV, but that's not because I would rather have one of the other EV trucks but instead would prefer to buy a better performing ICE truck, place the $35K I saved on purchase price into a nice fund earning interest, and have free gasoline for 3 decades from the money saved alone!

But here is the thing, people all of the time buy bad-ass cars that they like, not because it's the best value, but just because they like it. If the extra $35K isn't an issue for you and you want the best most luxurious EV truck experience, well there ya go.

You? Do you prefer the CT or just no EV truck at all at this time?

Reactions: zoomer0056
No, I just refuse to do the most basic research for you. I actually googled and immediately saw several articles stating exactly what I had reported, that EVs are in fact more expensive to repair while being less reliable than ICE.

Then it occurred to me that it's not my job to research anything at all for you. I gave you some info that I've read several times (and I'm certain there are other studies that state the opposite) and you can choose to either put the most basic level of effort forth to satisfy your own curiosity, or not. I don't care either way.

So GL.
seems you didn't do any research. or you've attached yourself to a small subset of narratives that sound like what you prefer to hear, without checking sources (because they aren't all equally good, in case you didn't know), and then attempt to present others as intellectually lazy.

weakens the discussion thread.

As with the video above, I can't believe owners are really letting reviewers trash their car. It's durable for sure.

I can't get over how buzzy the drivetrain is. It sounds like a kid playing with a slot car. It can't be a rush to market excuse after 4+ years of development. Did the goal of low cost and weight necessitate less sound deadening material and/or shortcuts with the motor design? Maybe the large single castings are allowing more sound to transfer through? Why didn't they notice it during testing?

Last edited:
I'll admit to not keeping up with pricing, but I think only the top end version (Denali?) cost like $105K and also includes a 240kwh battery pack?

Which makes sense as the Hummer EV rides on the same skateboard and battery pack and didn't cost much more than that.

I too wouldn't buy the Sierra EV, but that's not because I would rather have one of the other EV trucks but instead would prefer to buy a better performing ICE truck, place the $35K I saved on purchase price into a nice fund earning interest, and have free gasoline for 3 decades from the money saved alone!

But here is the thing, people all of the time buy bad-ass cars that they like, not because it's the best value, but just because they like it. If the extra $35K isn't an issue for you and you want the best most luxurious EV truck experience, well there ya go.

The first edition RST trim is $105,000. It will have 400 miles of range.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
I like aspects of the CT, specifically the looks the ability to add FSD (I love it, I know that's not popular in here), but the noise, quality, lack of range has me second guessing. It's a wait and see for now.

I got rid of a Platinum F150 Diesel for my MS and miss having a truck, but would never get rid of my MS. I'd trade in my MY, which I really don't like. The concerning thing is all the things I dislike about my MY (range and interior quality) are equal in the CT.

If Blue Cruise was closer to FSD, I'd already have a Platinum F150L.

4 things that all honest reviews are pointing out:

1. The CT is loud inside. Odd the motor noise is so loud.
2. The visibility is terrible. Even someone who said they loved it said it's worse than a regular truck and you cannot see the road.
3. Maybe 2a? The headlights are bad.
4. The frunk will cut off your fingers. 3 different people have done the carrot test and it chops them every time.

I can't get over how buzzy the drivetrain is. It sounds like a kid playing with a slot car. It can't be a rush to market excuse after 4+ years of development. Did the goal of low cost and weight necessitate less sound deadening material and/or shortcuts with the motor design? Maybe the large single castings are allowing more sound to transfer through? Why didn't they notice it during testing?
I didn't even see this.

Yes, it's odd. Almost all the reviews outside of pre-launch reviews say how loud it is. Why/how were the pre-launch reviews quieter.

Range Extender issue? Looks like Rivian already has a patent on a removable bed range extender for pickups back in 2020:

No problem, Tesla's isn't really removable.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
As I said over at the CT forum: I was super excited to reserve a 500 mile range, 14K towing capacityTri motor EV truck for $ 69K. 4 years later I got an invite to order a 340 mile range, (range extender for 16K, which will never happen), 11K towing, and a few extras Hollywood Sunset Blvd, truck for 99K or 120K.
Not so excited any more.
I will have to wait a little longer

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Range Extender issue? Looks like Rivian already has a patent on a removable bed range extender for pickups that was approved back in 2020:

Elon doesn't believe in patents so all is good. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: HitchHiker71