Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not a CT fan and bought a Lightning last summer. But I don’t feel the level of betrayal many feel here. I did get caught in the Plaid+ fiasco so I do know Elon’s failures. Funny how the Elon sycophants just ignore what we have on tape. Somehow they just rationalize away the failures. I

laughed hard at the baseball demo. There was no one to tell him how dumb it was to try to minimize the steel ball fiasco? It actually made it worse in my eyes and showed how petty Musk really is.

The bullet demo was so stupid. Anyone experienced with guns instantly said 45 cal bullets are not penetrating anything. Nothing like a 9mm or .223 rounds. To have someone shoot arrows at it was so… childish. Someone should have explained how bad that would look. Arrows? Really? Like someone needs arrow protection in their truck.

The battery extender that takes up a huge amount of bed space will go away in a few years. Most that needed that range also would need the bed space. Again something he should have just left alone.

I don’t hate or even dislike the CT it’s just not for me. The range failure is not why I pass. It’s just doesn’t do enough better to get my $.

Oh yea FSD is a fraud. It doesn’t work anything he promised.

Reactions: Cal1
I was really hoping the Cyber-truck would be a homerun as I thought about eventually buying one. I might still once the price craters after the majority realizes its one big turd.
The Model X when fully loaded was once over $150k. If you're patient a CT is very likely to come down in price. As to your "turd" comment that just depends on what you want in a truck. Some people will love it and others won't even consider buying it. That is no different than many purchases we make.

The Model X when fully loaded was once over $150k. If you're patient a CT is very likely to come down in price. As to your "turd" comment that just depends on what you want in a truck. Some people will love it and others won't even consider buying it. That is no different than many purchases we make.
It's an EV first. Truck second.
Twice as long to charge as my Y. Can't tow more than 100 miles before charging. Twice as expensive as my Y.
The biggest killer for me is the charging and costs.

Cybertruck knows it is controversial. Not going to be for everybody. The driving and towing range will be good enough for many, and those will chose to purchase. People needing longer range or routinly tow large loads for long distances will probably chose ICE instead.
GM, Ford and Chrysler's highest volume selling trucks are their ones with the lowest towing capabilities. They, indeed, make heavier duty trucks that can tow +11 thousand of poundas for long distances, but those niche models sell very little volume.

Reactions: Yelobird
Twice as long to charge as my Y. Can't tow more than 100 miles before charging. Twice as expensive as my Y.
Again depends on your perspective. If someone is interested in off roading and encounters a lot of water than the CT is a truck first and EV second. I won't buy a CT but then again I won't buy any pick up truck since they don't match up with my needs. A year or two from now assuming the price comes down like it has for the Model S/X and if charging and range are improved some people will decide to purchase it. Obviously if you're into serious towing the CT is not for you. Even Elon knew it would be controversial. He was right :)

The Cybertruck was supposed to put the smackdown on Legacy Truck makers and the ICE Truck makers should be very very worried.
Tesla/Elon NEVER said that. People made that up. What Elon actually said was that the CT may not sell/not be popular, but Tesla was going to male it anyway. If it turned out to be a dud, then Tesla would pursue making a more ‘traditional’ looking pickup truck.

So for all the hateful, negative people. Go back to your caves and wait for CT to bomb and Tesla to make you an electric box.

Tesla/Elon NEVER said that. People made that up. What Elon actually said was that the CT may not sell/not be popular, but Tesla was going to male it anyway. If it turned out to be a dud, then Tesla would pursue making a more ‘traditional’ looking pickup truck.

So for all the hateful, negative people. Go back to your caves and wait for CT to bomb and Tesla to make you an electric box.
Ahh. little kitty has hurt feelings. Ahhh

Translation: Please love my Cybertruck

Let’s move the goal post again boys….

Translation: Please love my Cybertruck

Let’s move the goal post again boys….
It's the opposite, people are setting up strawman arguments just so they can "win".

Here's what Elon characterized back in 2019:
"The CEO also previously suggested that demand for Tesla’s pickup may be less than that for the company’s flagship Model S sedan and Model X SUV combined owing to its unique design."

He was well aware that mainstream buyers might not like it and that it might end up as a very niche flop. That there were so many reservations was a surprise.

It's the opposite, people are setting up strawman arguments just so they can "win".

Here's what Elon characterized back in 2019:
"The CEO also previously suggested that demand for Tesla’s pickup may be less than that for the company’s flagship Model S sedan and Model X SUV combined owing to its unique design."

He was well aware that mainstream buyers might not like it and that it might end up as a very niche flop. That there were so many reservations was a surprise.

We don't need a "strawman" argument so we can "win"

We've already won. It's the fan bois that keep coming back trying to get another point in.

Everything said in this thread and other threads has come true: No 500 mile range, Price increase, Specs not better than the competition, Most buyers buying them to make income, Celebrity vehicle, Fake demand (2 Mil? Yeah right) etc. etc. etc.

The fact is before November the fan bois claimed it would "revolutionize" the Truck Market, and it was RIP for Legacy Automakers. None of that is or will ever be true. Once the fan bois get theirs it'll be a flop like Musk said.

Me and my searching skills on you tube, Turo and google….. too many to post to be honest…. I mean a $100k car, I don’t blame them trying to supplement their income with the biggest circus in town

Reactions: TessP100D