Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The CyberTruck is significantly different from traditional legacy Pickups. They each have their strong and weak points. The marketplace will sort out the sales volumes each will achieve.

Believe the CyberTruck is unique, special and will find their place in the market. Many will still prefer a gas/diesel powered traditional truck, while others will appreciate the unique capabilites of CyberTruck.

Those wanting to stick to legacy pickups, of course will want to find a way to justify their purchase of a heavy, gas guzzling ICE purchase.
You're ignoring all the other options in the marketplace. This isn't a solely a Cybertruck vs gas truck debate, as Tesla doesn't own the EV truck market, and they weren't even first. There's the F-150 Lightning, Rivian, Silverado EV, RamCharger, & RamREV. All those are objectively better options. I agree for some people and use cases any of those EV truck options won't make financial or practical sense. Yes, the marketplace (truck buyers) will sort this out, not just for the Cybertruck but the EV truck segment in general.

You're ignoring all the other options in the marketplace. This isn't a solely a Cybertruck vs gas truck debate, as Tesla doesn't own the EV truck market, and they weren't even first. There's the F-150 Lightning, Rivian, Silverado EV, RamCharger, & RamREV. All those are objectively better options. I agree for some people and use cases any of those EV truck options won't make financial or practical sense. Yes, the marketplace (truck buyers) will sort this out, not just for the Cybertruck but the EV truck segment in general.

The ICE truck market isn’t going anywhere anytime soon no matter what design is brought out.

I don’t think traditional pickup drivers ever complained on how they “all looked the same” yet Tesla thought that’s what they wanted.

The other even offering in the Truck segment from Rivian and Ford are better, they just don’t have the Marketing Department that Tesla has.

Tesla puts on shows at every delivery, lets people jump in front of others especially if you are a celebrity to get the product out there. They are masters at this social media game while Ford and Rivian barely have a fan base. It’s really similar to other areas in our society in the last couple of years.

There's the F-150 Lightning, Rivian, Silverado EV, RamCharger, & RamREV
Two trucks that don’t exist. (RAM vaporware)

Rivian isn’t some magic bullet, it fails with its overly complicated suspension and other known issues. - lots of these trucks having 2+ previous owners, that speaks volumes on how “objectively better” they are with 50+ units sitting unsold at local service centers. How many lemoned units? How many sent the vehicle back within the 7day window?

Silverado EV, have you driven one? The one in my driveway has sub 400miles on it, won’t charge, just came back from service for the same issue. -Stop sale issued by chev on how many of their EV platform?

We might as well start comparing the Nissan-fiskar truck(s) too.

Rivian isn’t some magic bullet, it fails with its overly complicated suspension and other known issues. - lots of these trucks having 2+ previous owners, that speaks volumes on how “objectively better” they are with 50+ units sitting unsold at local service centers.

Ryan Shaw is a YouTuber who bought a Rivian R1T. He recently sold it. Though he tries to put a positive spin on it, he sure did have an inordinate amount of problems, large and small, in the time he owned it.

In addition, Rivian may have seriously “Osborned” themselves, having just announced a cheaper R2T, but not selling it until 2026. That’s GOT to cost them some current sales by folks willing to wait for the new model.

Last edited:
Ryan Shaw is a YouTuber who bought a Rivian R1T. He recently sold it. Though he tries to put a positive spin on it, he sure did have an inordinate amount of problems, large and small, with it in the time he owned it.

In addition, Rivian may have seriously “Osborned” themselves, having just announced a cheaper R2T, but not selling it until 2026. That’s GOT to cost them some current sales by folks willing to wait for the new model.

I plan on reserving an R2, but I’m with you on how this might hurt Rivian while we wait.

The charging curve and real world range of the WT4 were pretty fantastic.
Did you read / watch this on the internet?
Real life says otherwise… it fails to charge rather frequently. LVL2 or 3.

Welcome to my TED talk. Where we don’t mince words and have no shame in pointing out the shortcomings of any ‘toy’.

The F150 lovers should ask enterprise why they punted all of theirs. The answer I got when attempting to grab one for a trial before purchase was met with, ‘we got rid of them, they were always needing to go into the shop.’

Attachments

• IMG_6445.jpeg
    IMG_6445.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 18
Did you read / watch this on the internet?
Real life says otherwise… it fails to charge rather frequently. LVL2 or 3.

Welcome to my TED talk. Where we don’t mince words and have no shame in pointing out the shortcomings of any ‘toy’.

The F150 lovers should ask enterprise why they punted all of theirs. The answer I got when attempting to grab one for a trial before purchase was met with, ‘we got rid of them, they were always needing to go into the shop.’
There are multiple reviews where people are reporting the same.

You don't think there's a chance you got a bad one? There are 11-12 CTs that had their steering systems fail. If they got on here and said "Real life says steer by wire doesn't work with Tesla" would that be accurate?

The WT4 has a bigger battery, more range, and a better charging curve than any other current BEV truck. That's not an opinion. Do you disagree with that?

I want to see a bucket dump test. Sounds silly, and it will probably work okay, but will your average skid steer driver at the local gravel and mulch yard have any difficulty dumping a bucket of gravel or mulch into the bed? That's a use case I actually utilize quite a bit. It's far cheaper, easier, and with less waste than going to Lowes or Home Depot and buying a million individually wrapped bags.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
There are multiple reviews where people are reporting the same.

You don't think there's a chance you got a bad one?

The WT4 has a bigger battery, more range, and a better charging curve than any other current BEV truck. That's not an opinion. Do you disagree with that?
😂😂 ok so internet beliefs and no personal experience, got it. Ever wonder why you don’t see rivian reviews with negatives? They’re harassed until they delete or they’re banned from posting.

Which one? I’ve had two.

It’s how heavy? It only gets 2.5mi/kWh in stock trim, not towing. The battery size means nothing when you’re lugging around another 70kWh than the competition.
Your ‘facts’ cherry pick buzzwords, yes I disagree. Due to personal experience and not keyboard warrior “facts”.

Towing and it’s… wait for it… 1:1. Like every EV towing. X, WT4, rivian, CT, F150.

Attachments

• IMG_6446.jpeg
    IMG_6446.jpeg
    690.9 KB · Views: 12
Last I checked Rivian is debuting an R2S tomorrow - no plans to announce or introduce any R2T yet. This is no different than any other manufacturer that has a larger more expensive SUV at a higher price point vs a smaller less expensive SUV at a lower price point. One is meant to be lower volume, the cheaper/smaller variant is meant to be higher volume. MX vs MY for example.

Towing and it’s… wait for it… 1:1. Like every EV towing. X, WT4, rivian, CT, F150.
But even at 1:1, it has a much larger battery and therefore has more range.

That's what people are interested in.

You don't have any anecdotal backing or details? What is the max mileage you get on the interstate towing? What about not towing?

All BEV trucks towing or even not towing have issues because they are larger, heavier, and most important...less aerodynamic.

The general consensus from everyone from TFL, Out of Spec, Car and Driver, etc. show that the truck lives up to the battery size, but the benefit is that the charging curve is really aggressive and it can add 130kwh in 25 min or 180 in 40, which kills all other BEVs. Are you saying that these are all just paid for reviews and that's BS?

Maybe instead of emojis you can articulate more?

But even at 1:1, it has a much larger battery and therefore has more range.

That's what people are interested in.

You don't have any anecdotal backing or details? What is the max mileage you get on the interstate towing? What about not towing?

All BEV trucks towing or even not towing have issues because they are larger, heavier, and most important...less aerodynamic.

The general consensus from everyone from TFL, Out of Spec, Car and Driver, etc. show that the truck lives up to the battery size, but the benefit is that the charging curve is really aggressive and it can add 130kwh in 25 min or 180 in 40, which kills all other BEVs. Are you saying that these are all just paid for reviews and that's BS?

Maybe instead of emojis you can articulate more?
I remembered why I have you on the ignore list. 😂🤷🏿‍♂️

My bad for engaging with you and allowing you to attempt to drag me down to your level and beat me with experience.🤔😂

• Funny
Reactions: uscbucsfan
Tesla puts on shows at every delivery, lets people jump in front of others especially if you are a celebrity to get the product out there. They are masters at this social media game while Ford and Rivian barely have a fan base. It’s really similar to other areas in our society in the last couple of years.
Ford barely has a fan base? What rock are you living under?

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird