Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck ready to order, need advise…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for a CT a while ago and it just manifested. Kind of lost track of what they are running, but it seems as though the foundation series is between 100 and 120 K.

I simply cannot afford to keep it at this price point. Someone suggested to go through with the purchase and then rent the vehicle to help offset the cost. Has anyone tried this? If so, what mechanism have you used? Turo etc.?

Only other option that I’m looking at is to forfeit the reservation, and after having to wait so long, I’m quite hesitant to do that, thanks in advance for your advice.

More knowledgeable people will chime in. However, in my opinion, it’s not worth trying to stretch yourself financially. You will sleep better. If you ignore the FS order you should stay in line for when they they start selling non foundation series CT. Assuming you are eligible for the fed rebate that is a big price difference.

I know that doesn’t answer your question, it’s just my opinion.

Is there a process to skip the FS, do I just ignore the notification? Not seeing any option under Manage Order.
MYCKqLr.jpeg

Do not buy this truck. It's a very bad idea for you since you can't afford it. Even if you have to forfeit a deposit, that's OK. It's better than getting caught up in a giant albatross around your neck. It will ruin you. Instead, get out of all debt you have, then save up money, and buy one outright. It might take you a long time, but you can do it. I did this process and I just bought a Model Y with cash with no problem. It's because I have no debt and I saved up my money for it. Now I'm going to start saving money for a Cyber truck in 5 years. You have to plan, save, and have discipline if you want to win.

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
I placed an order for a CT a while ago and it just manifested. Kind of lost track of what they are running, but it seems as though the foundation series is between 100 and 120 K.

I simply cannot afford to keep it at this price point. Someone suggested to go through with the purchase and then rent the vehicle to help offset the cost. Has anyone tried this? If so, what mechanism have you used? Turo etc.?

Only other option that I’m looking at is to forfeit the reservation, and after having to wait so long, I’m quite hesitant to do that, thanks in advance for your advice.

Do you have an order or a reservation? Big difference and very different consequences.

Hint: Orders have only been available since the first of Dec 2023. Reservations have been around for 4 years.
Most reservations have refundable deposits, orders don't.

Reactions: cusetownusa