Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck spotted in Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know of the ones in China, Japan etc. remained in those countries, and this is a dedicated Australian demo vehicle, or is this a single vehicle doing a "tour" of all Asia Pacific countries?

If it's an Aussie one, I expect all showrooms will get a look eventually.

Posted on the Tesla ANZ Instagram this morning, with NSW conditional plates.

IMG_3779.jpg

Do we know of the ones in China, Japan etc. remained in those countries, and this is a dedicated Australian demo vehicle, or is this a single vehicle doing a "tour" of all Asia Pacific countries?

If it's an Aussie one, I expect all showrooms will get a look eventually.
I think it's just one doing the rounds, but not certain.

It could be doing the "world tour" route (i.e. Sydney only) then.
Adelaide is out of the question then. I don’t think the BYD road show even came here, which when I think about it I don’t really care about that either haha.

Even killing Heidi (a band I looooove) had second thoughts coming here. *edit* I do really like killing Heidi, iconic Aussie music I spent most of my mid teens listening too :)

They could test the cybertruck bullet proof doors in real life here though, or stabbing, strangling, just plain going missing and turning up in barrels cut into pieces etc.

I was overjoyed to hear that the Myer Centre got a face lift.. occupancy is up to around 20% but they didn’t bring back the roller coaster. Not really a facelift so much more than a kardashian buttlift. The only line up was for the elevator after the escalators were too confusing to get too.
If you know, you know.

Come see what Musk has wasted three years on. Come see what Musk has had Tesla employees waste the last three years on.
With a little bit of thought and just a quick look at the media hype that has been generated by it doing one lap of Sydney. You can't buy that sort of advertising. Watch for the queues that will be at every showroom it visits, the people that will come to see the CT and then have a look at a 3 or a Y, be surprised when they learn all the BS that has been fed to them over the years.

Then think about the CT being the perfect low-medium production test bed for things like 48V, steer by wire, etc etc. How often do you get to have a profit generating rolling advertisement that also serves as an excellent test-bed.