Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Starting Price Poll

How much will the CyberTruck really start at?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The standard model 3 was offered "off menu" at various times. The $35K model 3 comes from a time where Tesla never dreamed of selling so many cars at such a high prices. Tesla perhaps believed that their order book would be 50% $35K model 3.

I'm uncomfortable with current Rivian pricing. But I see no point in a 300 mile quad motor CT starting at less than $80K. It should be a fine vehicle and have Supercharger. CCS charging is much more of a mess in 2022 than I expected in 2020.

The Cybertruck having no three row possibility (I assume) is the only possible error I see. Rivians strategic choices were excellent.

A great many Rivian owners and order holders don't appear to care about the quad motor.

Reactions: momo3605
A great many Rivian owners and order holders don't appear to care about the quad motor.
I'm a Rivian owner and i don't care about the quad motor either. I have it, but 99% of the time i drive in conserve which decouples 2 motors for ~10% range boost lol. So i'd be just fine if it was slower.
It is possible that Tesla figured out that they couldn't build a 500 mile tri motor for 69k. So they decided to add a 4th motor and charge more for 500 mile version
yea, a 500 mile truck would be so far ahead of the competition, they could easily charge Model S/X Plaid money. I wouldn't be surprised if quad motor 1000hp truck with 500 miles of range was over $120k.

Tesla never offers base models. The $35k model 3 came much later than long range versions and then was quickly discontinued. The short range Model Y was also on available for like 2 weeks before being discontinued. Tesla is in the business of selling the most expensive trim that the market will tolerate.
Tell that to the Model S 40, $35k Model 3, etc. They will certainly offer/advertise it. Whether they build any is a different story. The poll was the starting price.

Ford lists the F-150 Pro at $52k and XLT at $59k. Tesla will have some kind of base model on the website that is competitive w/ the XLT F-150.

Reactions: preilly44
Tell that to the Model S 40, $35k Model 3, etc. They will certainly offer/advertise it. Whether they build any is a different story. The poll was the starting price.

Ford lists the F-150 Pro at $52k and XLT at $59k. Tesla will have some kind of base model on the website that is competitive w/ the XLT F-150.

That was a different time...EVs were not popular and Tesla had to come in with low prices. Once demand picked up, the base models were dropped.

The 250 RWD CT has already been scrapped. Elon said he doesn't believe in making EVs with less than 250 miles of range and that's why the Y SR was supposedly scrapped.

The base model will be dual motor/300 mile. And yes it probably will be competitive with the XLT F-150 ER which starts at $81k...

Reactions: Featsbeyond50
That was a different time...EVs were not popular and Tesla had to come in with low prices. Once demand picked up, the base models were dropped.

The 250 RWD CT has already been scrapped. Elon said he doesn't believe in making EVs with less than 250 miles of range and that's why the Y SR was supposedly scrapped.

The base model will be dual motor/300 mile. And yes it probably will be competitive with the XLT F-150 ER which starts at $81k...
I fail to see how anything is different now than it was before. If anything people are now more price sensitive as interest rates continue to rise and inflation takes ever larger bites out of their car-buying budget.

We shall see. None of us knows anything and we are all keyboard warriors speculating on what Elon will do.

I stand by my opinion that Tesla will advertise a CT in the $60k range. The F-150 Pro is $52k with 230 miles of range. That allows Tesla to offer a CT with 250 miles of range for $60k. Like the F-150 Pro, I doubt Tesla will actually build any $60k CTs, but I do believe they will advertise "Starting at $60k."

Reactions: GOVA