Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Update Jan2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don’t have 4680 cells at the energy density or production capacity they need yet. And the Cybertruck is dependent on the 4680 cells because it was designed with the gigacastings and structural battery from the start so they can’t just switch out the battery pack design on a whim.

Will Cybertruck be Tesla’s first flop? I don’t know anyone that would buy it. I’m talking about normal, non-Tesla fan people.
1.8M preorders ... I'm thinking 500K go through with it ... that's a lot of CT's on the road advertising ...

Ultimately, it has to perform as a truck and do useful truck things.

Biggest problem I see right out of the gate is air suspension limits towing weight substantially, that's why all F250's ride terrible, that stout rear end cross axel to support whatever it's hauling.

Maybe on the top of the line Cybertruck it will have an interior like the Ram Limited Longhorn interior
God help us NO!
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really wish people would stop trying to make Cybertruck look like the same old thing that's been on the market for tye last 50 years. Cybertruck was unappolagetically designed from the start to buck the trends in truck looks, function, specs and every other metric you care to mention. That is it's biggest appeal and one of the biggest reasons for it's huge reservation list.

Dan

God help us NO!
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really wish people would stop trying to make Cybertruck look like the same old thing that's been on the market for tye last 50 years. Cybertruck was unappolagetically designed from the start to buck the trends in truck looks, function, specs and every other metric you care to mention. That is it's biggest appeal and one of the biggest reasons for it's huge reservation list.

Dan

You mean like the lack of instrument cluster and half a steering wheel that were the “future” only to have Tesla include the Instrument cluster in their highest priced models and then offer a real steering wheel as an option?

No, I’d say the reservation list has more with people trying to make money than actually liking the interior….

If I was to spend 75 to 100K for a Truck I want it to have a luxury interior. It doesn't have to have the same look as the top of the line ICE Trucks. But heated/cooled and massaging seats and reclining heated rear seats.
yup. truck buyers dropping shy of $100k on a truck expect King Ranch or High Country trim levels and not just unventilated "vegan" leather seats