Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas, TX S85 delivered this morning!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, the wait is over (YAY!!!!)
The Green is GORGEOUS and my wife and I are very happy with the color choice. Our DS, Glover, is a very awesome dude. He loves his job and it shows. He was correct in assuming we already knew a lot about the car and that we are very technical people. He focused on the v5.8 features and activated the car right when we got there so everything would be pushed to it while we were going over it. This gave us enough time for the Tesla mobile app and Slacker Radio to start working, which was very cool.

Interesting enough, our simple S85 seemed to perform exactly the same as the P85+ demo car. The handling and acceleration felt just as impressive to both me and my wife (who is not easily impressed).

Also, the 14-50 outlet I installed in the garage works like a champ! I tend to DIY most everything, but it was great to see it steadily pulling all 40A without a hiccup (or fire!)

We're looking forward to our first long road trip utilizing the Superchargers, too. We'll have plenty of opportunity later this month.
Now to do the Texas 4-step to make it all legal.

Cheers!!!

Congrats Chris!
Your "Wait" is finally over.
(Hope you got some sleep last night...)

Day one is always memorable, as will be your first big drive.
Superchargers will spoil you rotten for anything else, so get used to the Real World for a while (your NEMA 14-50 at home).

Also: After you get in the pattern of nightly charging for a while, you might consider ramping your Amps back a bit to 32A or 28A to slow down the charge rate -- it will extend your battery life.

Congrats!

I'm in McKinney and agree that Glover is great. Hope to see you around town. I haven't seen a green one in the wild yet.

Perhaps you make plans to attend the upcoming Cars and Coffee?
You'll get to see Chris's new Green MS in the flesh, and also show off your new MC Red.
Maybe if you are lucky, the other Green one (P85+) I know of from Southlake will also be there.

Trust me: EVERYONE loves to see a Red Tesla... the real crowd favorite.
(I've seen it too many times for it to just be my imagination.)

Perhaps you make plans to attend the upcoming Cars and Coffee?
You'll get to see Chris's new Green MS in the flesh, and also show off your new MC Red.
Maybe if you are lucky, the other Green one (P85+) I know of from Southlake will also be there.

Trust me: EVERYONE loves to see a Red Tesla... the real crowd favorite.
(I've seen it too many times for it to just be my imagination.)

Right. The red really shouts out to people.

We had a school function for my daughters pop up from 9-3pm this Saturday so we will not be making it to C&C unless we can swing by there beforehand. :(

However, 1-4 C&C is looks great, so far.

It would be very cool to get some red and green MSs together for a Christmas photo op!