Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged Left side mirror -- need cheap Tesla replacement parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went out too fast through my narrow garage and damaged the exterior parts of my Left side mirror -- it still works perfectly, but the outside cover and inside black plastic are damaged and need to be replaced. I'm sure I'll pay an arm and a leg if I have to buy these parts from Tesla. Surely there is a source of OEM parts available from totaled Teslas somewhere online?

Also, eBay seems to have quite a few Left side Tesla mirrors, but they are the whole mirror, and none of them seem to mention the color of the mirrors' exterior - ? (My Model S is Obsidian Black)

I went out too fast through my narrow garage and damaged the exterior parts of my Left side mirror -- it still works perfectly, but the outside cover and inside black plastic are damaged and need to be replaced. I'm sure I'll pay an arm and a leg if I have to buy these parts from Tesla. Surely there is a source of OEM parts available from totaled Teslas somewhere online?

Also, eBay seems to have quite a few Left side Tesla mirrors, but they are the whole mirror, and none of them seem to mention the color of the mirrors' exterior - ? (My Model S is Obsidian Black)
Get a quote from Tesla. I have had both of my side mirrors busted up backing out of my garage and the replacements from Tesla was very reasonable. And they were the entire assembly and included painting the new cap to match my car. Actually pretty reasonable considering all the technology contained in the mirrors (motor, heaters, antennas, etc)

$575 IIRC correctly, includes the tech coming to your house to replace it. You do get to keep the old mirror if you want it. Does not include the body coloured cover though - apparently those are not as simple to get.

You could try to get a salvage mirror too (see for sale section here, or ebay).
Alternatively, design and 3d print your own parts. There is free software out there for design and companies and "printer sharing" services to print them inexpensively.

Last edited:
Get a quote from Tesla. I have had both of my side mirrors busted up backing out of my garage and the replacements from Tesla was very reasonable. And they were the entire assembly and included painting the new cap to match my car. Actually pretty reasonable considering all the technology contained in the mirrors (motor, heaters, antennas, etc)

Good idea, I'm making assumptions. I'll have them give me an estimate today.

HI there I too have suffered that same fate, but in my situation a lorry coming up on the inside took off the plastic cap and the chrome metal undertray of the nearside wing mirror. The electrics still work fine but they have no covering. Tesla lell me the plastic cap is around £35 plus VAT and it'll need to be painted, BUT the undertray beneath the moving mirror part is not sold separately. So, upside is that the whole job will be £599!!!! Does anybody out there have a damaged nearside wing mirror from which I could get the underside chrome tray. My vehicle is a 2017 facelift model and I am in the UK.

Look forward to any help or advice.

CIMG3234.JPG
CIMG3235.JPG

Hi Evoforce,

This sounds really encouraging and if you have the part then I am more than willing to pay for some courier postage over to the UK. Just to clarify, I'm after the chrome 'dish' that sits on the underside of the moving part of the mirror. Once the plastic cap is removed then the dish can be seen held in place by three scree and a clip fitting. This is for the left hand side door, as viewed from above.

November is absolutely no problem, time wise - I'd just be delighted to have located the part.

I have attached a couple of photos to help with identification. One the right hand chrome tray in place and the other showing the left hand remains after a wagon had ripped it off!

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

KInd regards,

Graeme

View attachment 346860
CIMG3234.JPG
CIMG3235.JPG

Hi Evoforce, I tried to send you a PM last saturday but think I might have sent it to myself! Anyway, my suggestion is that rather than keeping troubling you, I am happy to wait until you are back home and settled - would it be easier for you to contact me when you are in that position and then we can pursue the mirror issue? Regards, Graeme

$575 IIRC correctly, includes the tech coming to your house to replace it. You do get to keep the old mirror if you want it. Does not include the body coloured cover though - apparently those are not as simple to get.

You could try to get a salvage mirror too (see for sale section here, or ebay).
Alternatively, design and 3d print your own parts. There is free software out there for design and companies and "printer sharing" services to print them inexpensively.
Cheap price

I did the same thing and it was cheaper than I expected, but unlike you I damaged the entire mirror assembly and broke the mirror (7 years bad luck I guess). To replace whole mirror assembly and get new cover and painted was 600 bucks, much cheaper than I was expecting, I think the cover and small plastics for you should be less than 200.... just a guess though.