Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damaged Tesla in U.K will not charge...help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Mike-heres my frunk.minus all the obvious bits.

Attachments

• upload.jpg
    upload.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 157
Cut loop is fully intact.
Chassis at this stage Tesla will not replace/or supply the chassis legs for me (no interest in salvage repairs).
The most important thing at this stage is to maintan the batterys.
12V battery is shot-Tesla replace these free under warranty-car no longer supported by warranty & they are very awkward in supplying one..
Will try via jump method with my truck,as 12v side has to be 100% before solenoids operate & bring the H/V online.

You might have to cut your losses and sell for parts. If an 85kWh battery then someone electrically minded might take that and create stationary storage. The screen may have value if people have faults as a lot of warranties are ending and still no extended warranty option in U.K.

Mmm- never been a quitter, just as well as i have £25,000gbp in the project- the insurance company route is option 1 at this stage ,as the car should have been classed as catagory B (U.K) parts only.
The car was never assesed by Tesla-simply written off as a loss by insurance company (3 months to repair i was told by them) courtesy car alone (Tesla) was £310 per day. 27,000 gbp !!

How did the story play out in the year since the last post? I'm keen to hear :)

Indeed!

Though looking at that front end damage, looks like the chassis is pretty damaged, and I wouldn't want to be driving that at all. 25K GBP is a lot of money for such damage (I don't think it is repairable to a degree that would actually make it properly road worthy).

That being said, the remaining parts may be worth something. If the battery is good, and you can remove it, you might be able to get 10K GBP for it?

I'm interested in getting a bunch of scrap Teslas. Some of the parts are handy!

Hi MP3MIKE- interesting...where would i find the first responder cut loop.....car does not drive.
Hi every one.unsure where to post.
Airbags gone off on my tesla s...pyro fuse is replaced...car will not charge.
Tesla say car is only disabled for superchargeing.
shock sensors (old) are disconected as is the air bag system.
hope i,m posting in the correct area. .
Many thanks
Pete U.K
I need to replace pyro fuse on my Tesla Model s. Please can you guid me how to replace?