Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damn Tesla...Damn......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my loaner delivered and my car taken to the Tampa service center for a few items. Damn...why do you do this to me Tesla. My car is a standard 85. The loaner is an P85+ with all the bells and whistles......and only 280 miles.....and they offer a trade in program......:love:

"Some people say you can't really tell the difference between an 85 and a P85(+) for normal city driving."
What do you say to these people, rogbmw?

I have the P85 and can tell you from driving an S85 loaner that there is a noticeable difference between the two on initial acceleration. Easy to differentiate because it is all in the "gas" pedal. I have never driven a + but imagine that might be a bit more difficult to feel as straight driving/soft curves probably don't feel much different.

I drove a P85 and a S85 almost back to back (ended up with the S85). My recollection was that the P85 did "pull" a lot quicker from a standstill, but if I was driving, say, 30 MPH or higher and punched it, I couldn't really discern a big difference.

I drove a P85 and a S85 almost back to back (ended up with the S85). My recollection was that the P85 did "pull" a lot quicker from a standstill, but if I was driving, say, 30 MPH or higher and punched it, I couldn't really discern a big difference.

That's what I thought before too. Now I have a P85 loaner, and it's quite a bit quicker at any speed. The major difference is the P85 allows for some wheelspin, while the standard 85 has none(at full throttle).

I was charging at the Norristown SC one day, I have a S85, and they loaned me a P85+ to get some lunch, while I did notice acceleration, and some tighter steering, in 'normal' driving i didn't notice a difference. The biggest difference for me was the placement and change of microphone, and the steering wheel buttons were 'tighter'. I have no regrets on getting the S vs the P.

I was charging at the Norristown SC one day, I have a S85, and they loaned me a P85+ to get some lunch, while I did notice acceleration, and some tighter steering, in 'normal' driving i didn't notice a difference. The biggest difference for me was the placement and change of microphone, and the steering wheel buttons were 'tighter'. I have no regrets on getting the S vs the P.

placement and change of microphone? how so?

So if you look at older MS and newer ones, the microphone for hands free up in front of the pano has been redesigned, and when I used it, my wife said voice clarity was much much better. looks as though there are now two mics, one directed to the left the other to the right. In terms of the steering wheel buttons, they seem much more solid than mine, which wiggle around.

So if you look at older MS and newer ones, the microphone for hands free up in front of the pano has been redesigned, and when I used it, my wife said voice clarity was much much better. looks as though there are now two mics, one directed to the left the other to the right. In terms of the steering wheel buttons, they seem much more solid than mine, which wiggle around.
I noticed the same on the steering wheel buttons, it's subtle, but real I think. Wish I had the updated microphones, sound quality on the receiving side is horrible 80% of the time.

I noticed the same on the steering wheel buttons, it's subtle, but real I think. Wish I had the updated microphones, sound quality on the receiving side is horrible 80% of the time.

Not only that, but I find using voice commands for Slacker or Navigation while underway is an almost futile exercise. My last car had excellent voice recognition, even if I was blasting down the highway. One clever thing it did was to automatically lower the HVAC fan while you were speaking, then restore it to the previous level afterwards. (Hint, Hint, Tesla!)

Not only that, but I find using voice commands for Slacker or Navigation while underway is an almost futile exercise. My last car had excellent voice recognition, even if I was blasting down the highway. One clever thing it did was to automatically lower the HVAC fan while you were speaking, then restore it to the previous level afterwards. (Hint, Hint, Tesla!)

100% Agree - very frustrating.

This^^^

I didn't notice a difference at all above 30mph. My S85 pulls just as hard above 30mph below that the P85 is slightly bonkers :)

Getting my Sig back from service tomorrow. I had listed poor BT hand-free audio quality as an issue, and today they said the corrective action was to replace the microphone. Possibly this will solve the problem, and if so, it points out again how Tesla service (certainly for signature owners!) really wants to go the extra distance to make the car right.

I notice that the new (loaner P85) has better steering wheel button/scrollers but my older ones do work fine, they just don't have the crisp tactile feel especially in the scrolling the the new ones do.

I picked my Sig up yesterday from the Dania SC.... Expected the worst - a new scratch, a ding ...whatever (I dread any trip to service). NOT ONE ISSUE!

They did a host of updates - rear hatch seals, new floor mats, rear axle washers, new J1772 adapter, replaced my cracking charge port, rear window clips, P85 badge... AND

In my complaint about the BT, they actually replaced the MCU (17" screen). They mentioned the unit was updated and the BT antennae was rerouted. Tested and while still not perfect, the other party mentioned it was improved.

Oh .. and it appears they did a tire rotation on top of it all ....

Very, very happy. Can't say enough about the Dania crew. :love:

EDIT: Bluetooth ..The mic seems to be overly sensitive picking up ambient noise. As others have mentioned ...Slowing down, a/c fan lowering ... the other party mentioned major improvement in sound quality.

Last edited:
I picked my Sig up yesterday from the Dania SC.... Expected the worst - a new scratch, a ding ...whatever (I dread any trip to service). NOT ONE ISSUE!

They did a host of updates - rear hatch seals, new floor mats, rear axle washers, new J1772 adapter, replaced my cracking charge port, rear window clips, P85 badge... AND

In my complaint about the BT, they actually replaced the MCU (17" screen). They mentioned the unit was updated and the BT antennae was rerouted. Tested and while still not perfect, the other party mentioned it was improved.

Oh .. and it appears they did a tire rotation on top of it all ....

Very, very happy. Can't say enough about the Dania crew. :love:

EDIT: Bluetooth ..The mic seems to be overly sensitive picking up ambient noise. As others have mentioned ...Slowing down, a/c fan lowering ... the other party mentioned major improvement in sound quality.

Wow, that's impressive on the proactive nature. Nice to see!