Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dang, the car is quiet with the HVAC off...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got the 2019.5.16 update, and it changed the way the HVAC controls look. Today was quite mild for March, sunny with temps in the low 50's I park out in the sun at work during the day, so when I got into the car after work to go home, the interior was pleasantly warm, so much so that the HVAC was blowing cool air. I messed with it abit, and turned off the HVAC without realizing it.
A few minutes later I stop at a traffic light, and I'm like, dang this car is quiet! Felt like being in a gasoline car with the engine off. After a minute I realized I was missing the white noise from the HVAC.

Reactions: Ken7
…but back to the gist of the thread: I entirely agree that turning off that loud AC is a pleasant experience. I like to waft along in silence, gently, with the sunroof open (at low speed) and listen to the birds in the trees. But invariably I end up with a VW Golf or BMW 1-series tailgating me until I engageLudicrous Plus and am teleported to another dimension ;-)

Disagree, at least with a late 2018 Model S Dead quiet, much more quiet than the 2015s

AR - you have a 2012 or 2013, yes?

I think my late 2014 is pretty darn quiet. Up to 100 km/h at least. I suppose they plugged some of the door leaks on the newer ones? I wonder if I might be able to retrofit some newer door seals or insulation material if that is the case.