Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash rattle, hot glue fix per factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you with dash rattles, like these:

Watch this:

This might be a solution:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 100320.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 100404.png

Screenshot 2023-02-23 100428.png

My Dash Rattle is coming behind the steering wheel ( dash board area ) not the wooden trim part. Any fix to this ill be grateful because its making me wanna sell my car. Took it to service and they couldn't fix it and the tech I did the test drive with said that taking apart the dash completely could bring other issues which I agree, just sucks

My Dash Rattle is coming behind the steering wheel ( dash board area ) not the wooden trim part. Any fix to this ill be grateful because its making me wanna sell my car. Took it to service and they couldn't fix it and the tech I did the test drive with said that taking apart the dash completely could bring other issues which I agree, just sucks
Are you sure it's from dash area. I had similar sound but I finally tracked it to the brake pedal rattle. There's a clevis pin which rattles on bad roads. Try to pull on brake pedal with your foot while driving on bad roads and if you can't hear any rattling sound it's your brake pedal. Easy fix by SC or you can just regrease the pin with lithium grease

Are you sure it's from dash area. I had similar sound but I finally tracked it to the brake pedal rattle. There's a clevis pin which rattles on bad roads. Try to pull on brake pedal with your foot while driving on bad roads and if you can't hear any rattling sound it's your brake pedal. Easy fix by SC or you can just regrease the pin with lithium grease
Had this brake pedal issue and had the entire assembly replaced , rattle is definitely coming from the dash because when I tap it I can hear a buzzing

Reactions: Sai Ko
My Dash Rattle is coming behind the steering wheel ( dash board area ) not the wooden trim part. Any fix to this I’ll be grateful because it’s making me wanna sell my car. Took it to service and they couldn't fix it and the tech I did the test drive with said that taking apart the dash completely could bring other issues which I agree, just sucks
I had a rattle in the front of my dash. Turns out it was the cover under the hood over the HEPA filter. Most of the plastic clips weren’t seated.

yeah my issues is the actual Dash, when tapping on it there is a notable vibration rattle. Sticking some foam under the vent helps but it looks terrible.
I pulled off the piece of the dash with the wood on it. It rattled a lot throughout. Ended up using a lot of hot glue to get it to hold better together.

The piece was a lot bigger than I thought. It’s not just the wood piece, but the vent behind it as well.

There are also known issues with the VIN plate rattling, in case that’s what you’re hearing.

I pulled off the piece of the dash with the wood on it. It rattled a lot throughout. Ended up using a lot of hot glue to get it to hold better together.

The piece was a lot bigger than I thought. It’s not just the wood piece, but the vent behind it as well.

There are also known issues with the VIN plate rattling, in case that’s what you’re hearing.
yup looked at the wooden trim put felt tape down checked the vin plate, its 100% coming from the top dash, when i tap on it its reproducible every time. It really kills the driving experience to be honest maybe i might just have them take the dash apart at this point