Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam gets updated with side camera recording capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What version are you on? Its been a long time since I had a corruption issue, and I assumed a firmware fix had corrected it. I still have the same usb stick that was getting corrupted, and its been at least 2 months I would say since I've had an issue with corruption. I'm on 2018.50.6 btw.

44.2 still. No corruption issues with a new Kingston USB drive. Better question is... when will I get an update notification? :rolleyes:

You should probably email your local service centre and see if they can remotely push the latest firmware to you.

I kind of like this version of AP. It doesn't reduce the Max Speed variable to the Current Speed variable if for whatever reason you take over from AP using the steering wheel while keeping speed control engage.

In the rental, the Max Speed (speed inside the blue circle) instantly becomes the Current Speed and stays that way. A few times I could of been rear ended if I didn't speed up manually.

• Helpful
Reactions: Techniques
How are you still on 44.2? I assume you have your 3 connected to Wifi at home. Maybe signal range issue?
You may have tried this, but try removing your wifi connection from your car and then re-add it. I had issues with my car seeing my wifi, but once I tried reconnecting, its been solid.

My Model ≡ isn't set up on my wifi and it still has received multiple updates to get to 50.6. I'm sure it would be faster over wifi, but that isn't strictly needed.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Maybe I'm being held back for testing purposes o.0?
Damn @5_+JqckQttqck its almost like you are driving a stone age relic on 44.2 :p

The biggest thing you're missing is fart mode and the new emulator games, almost worth the upgrade price on their own IMO.

When I was in the SC last week one of the service guys did confirm he has the ability to 'push' updates to his own car as long as they are released, so you could get them to push it to you if you put a stink up. Or you could continue the test and see how long it takes to get an notification, something tells me a glitch in their system has excluded you somehow.

Mobile service techs can update the car to the latest version they have (currently 50.6 for the Model 3) from their laptop. I had a guy at my house today to replace my backup camera and he had to re-update the car firmware to get the camera working properly. So, that's an option as well, assuming you have someone coming by to fix something anyway.

What version are you on? Its been a long time since I had a corruption issue, and I assumed a firmware fix had corrected it. I still have the same usb stick that was getting corrupted, and its been at least 2 months I would say since I've had an issue with corruption. I'm on 2018.50.6 btw.
Yes on 50.6.
I just got a new thumb drive from work, will try it out again, formatted FAT32.
It always seems to record at first, but then when I park and return to car I get the small x on the camera icon

I kind of like this version of AP. It doesn't reduce the Max Speed variable to the Current Speed variable if for whatever reason you take over from AP using the steering wheel while keeping speed control engage.

In the rental, the Max Speed (speed inside the blue circle) instantly becomes the Current Speed and stays that way. A few times I could of been rear ended if I didn't speed up manually.
Ok good to know, I thought this was just me...it bothers me when it does this.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck

I noticed on the latest update (2019.5.15), Max speed is maintained when taking over Autosteer, no longer dropping down and setting to your current speed. Finally fixed.