Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DashCam Install Tip for fellow owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla Model S . While waiting I have been buying all the accessories I plan on installing. I will be putting the dashcam 650s-2ch (Currently on sale @ BH for $259.99)

Iv been watching a few videos to get an idea where to draw power from. Im seeing some horrible videos online on how to wire the dash cam. I'm not a fan of the ODBII port seeing that there is an extra power line right behind the microphone plate at the top of the car (on most newer cars).
Here is a video of how this guy wired it

I plan on doing the same thing ,but I did not like his wiring job. If you plan on wiring it to that cable, buy this for an easier cleaner install. They are POSI-TAP connectors
Amazon.com: Posi-Tap Connectors Kit- Includes Taps for 22 through 10 Gauge Wires, Plus 2 Fuseholders!: Automotive

That is for a kit . You dont need the kit, but I like to keep them around. I believe the red POSI-TAP is what you need. I will also be using the Flat Fuseholder to put a fuse on the dash cam. That line is already fused (not sure what amperage), but JUST IN CASE I will be putting a 1 amp fuse there.