Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam video recording issue (blurred moving objects)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would anyone know why my sentry recorded videos show blurred moving objects ? See images attached. This issues makes it impossible to see people's faces, etc.

This happens almost always and with any camera (front, side or back). Issue is fairly repeatable.

The issue does not happen on dashcam videos (while driving) which is strange. It only happens when car is parked and video is recorded as "sentry" video.

Here is also a video of the issue:

Any feedback is appreciated.

Sorry title says "dashcam" issue. It's sentry issue. I couldn't fix the title after posting

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-12 at 13.12.19 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-12 at 13.12.19 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-12 at 13.12.19.jpeg

I see that so often. Has been the case since Sentry exists, at least on my car. Reboot doesn’t fix this. Don’t know why this is, but most of my footage has this. On all camera’s, so not only the front one.
I see. So it's not just me.

I have rebooted many times also. I have gotten many software updates since delivery.

I'll be making a service appointment. Just wanted to ask around first.

I see. So it's not just me.

I have rebooted many times also. I have gotten many software updates since delivery.

I'll be making a service appointment. Just wanted to ask around first.
I would be interested to hear back from you what the SC response was. My guess is nothing, since this is another béta function in the car and the USB device is ‘user related’. Nevertheless, I never bothered reaching out to the SC myself, so who knows, maybe they do have an answer that could help us all. ;). Thanks

These smearing artifacts are typical of the compressed video stream suffering from transmission drop-outs as it's being written to the USB stick. As lensovet suggested, trying a different USB device might produce better results. The problem might also be internal to the car if the data loss is happening on the network between the video encoder and the MCU.