Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data sharing for autopilot is NOT activated by default in autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really can't understand why but it have been reported on the Swedish forum that data sharing for fleet learning is NOT activated by default in 8.0 so everybody have to activate it if you want to help tesla improve autopilot.

Go to controls>settings>Safety and security and then activate "Data sharing"

IMG_0726.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG

My understanding is it comes from privacy rules in Europe.

In the US were all about non-consent in all forms. The government and companies can do basically what they want with you, and your data unless you opt-out. Entities (tsa, athletes, politicians, businessmen) of them can do what ever they want to with you including groping because their interests matter more than you do. In fact you should be grateful for the groping.

In Europe it's a bit different especially in Nordic countries. There is this weird sense that somehow people deserve not to be groped without consent, or spied on by corporation's and the government. It's really quite astonishing for a mere human to be afforded those rights.

Since you have these rights you have to give consent before a corporation is allowed to access data that invades your privacy. Tesla collects so much data that it can be viewed as an intrusion into your privacy. You also have to give consent for someone to grope you. Or else they have to go seek refuge in the Ecuador embassy, but I hear it's booked solid. They also have some pretty harsh internet rules so it's not a lot of fun.

Disclaimer - I do support the goal Tesla has for the data collection, but I also firmly believe in opt-in when it comes to things of that nature.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JoaoD